Thread: What mods do you guys use?

Default What mods do you guys use?

Just curious. I myself tend to avoid mods that drastically change gameplay.

Default Re: What mods do you guys use?

For me the most annoying thing in vanilla are the battles. Even bigger battles won't last longer than some minutes in most cases.

So my favorite mods are those, which slow down battles.
    In addition a mod to delay chaos invasion.
    And my own mod to slightly increase garrison troops for minor settlements

I guess Radious mod is the most comprehensive mod out there for now (afaik) with massive changes of unit stats, economy and dozens of new units. I like it, but as always it's a matter of taste. In late game there are dozens of enemy full stacks to defeat. It's not a mod to relax

Quote Originally Posted by Tullius Germanicus View Post
    For me the most annoying thing in vanilla are the battles. Even bigger battles won't last longer than some minutes in most cases.

So my favorite mods are those, which slow down battles.
    What do you use for this?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

moved to a more suitable place
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks Flinn.

my favorite one for slower battles is this one: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=720676943
    unfortunately it's outdated with the patch from today. But it should work though.

There are several other mods concerning this matter, just look for "slower battle" or "slower combat" in Steam workshop.

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

I tend to stick to mods that don't substantially change the gameplay mechanics. I want my first play-thrus to be as close to vanilla as possible. This helps me to understand/dissect the design and balance decisions the developers made, and as I get into modding, I can get more granular with what I'd like to change.

• Better Camera Mod. Allows the camera to zoom-out higher and zoom-in closer.
    • Larger Units. Increases unit sizes by 20-25% at the "ultra" setting. I'll need to revisit this mod since more units = more HP to chew through, which makes magic and Heroes/Lords/Giants (i.e. single man units) less powerful by comparison.
    • Chaos Steeds Resized. Chaos cavalry no longer ride ponies into battle.
    • Themed UIs All-in-One. Recolors the jeweled/button portions of the UI to match the current race.
    • Building Progression Icons. Redesigns the building icon art to provide visual feedback when buildings are upgraded. Shameless plug; this is my mod.
    • Karak Kadrin Slayers. Rebalances Slayers so they're a very small but almost hero-like elite unit of 10 Slayers (instead of 80) to fall in line with their lore. They're about in-line with their vanilla counterparts, but are better "vs. large" and have much more staying power when fighting standard infantry (however, they do not significantly outperform vanilla Slayers when fighting infantry). Another shameless plug; this is also my own mod.
    Last edited by SPARTAN VI; July 28, 2016 at 11:32 AM.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

P.S. How is the mod ideas/proposals forum a more suitable place for this discussion? It'll just die in here. Made more sense in the General Discussion, IMO.
    Last edited by SPARTAN VI; August 01, 2016 at 11:08 AM.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night