Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher (I, II, III) - CD Projekt RED games

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: The Witcher (I, II, III) - CD Projekt RED games

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    is that with 1070? i have much higher FPS with it..
    He speaks of Rise of The Tomb Raider there, which is obviously a much bigger fps-hitter than W3.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Yes im speaking of the last Tomb Raider. It is highly AMD optimized.

SSAA 4X has an IMMENSE and i underline IMMENSE impact of performance.

With the passage from SSAA 4X to SSAA 2X the performance almost doubles in 1440p..

Min 34.25 fps
    Max 77.19 fps
    Average 58.48 fps

With SMAA the situation amost doubles again..

Min 53 fps
    Max 114.51 fps
    Average 83.76 fps

With FXAA even more fps but the difference is not that great..

Min 54 fps
    Max 124 fps
    Average 87 fps

With AA off the peak of performance..

Min 56 fps
    Max 126 fps
    Average 90.11 fps

Passing from DirectX 11 to DirectX 12 i have only a 2 fps decrease. So theres no impact at all here in performance
    Last edited by DAVIDE; August 25, 2016 at 04:11 PM.

Patrician Artifex

JaM made me just aware of the coming patch 1.3 for W3, tomorrow (30th August 16).

Patch 1.3 - info, english: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new.../1100-6443099/

Patch 1.3 - info, german: http://www.pcgames.de/The-Witcher-3-...ch-13-1206150/

Patch 1.3 - changelog (published so far)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Characters

Vimme Vivaldi is now sporting a fresh look.

Gameplay

Fixes issue whereby oil descriptions were not removed from swords.
    Fixes issue whereby it was not possible to obtain certain dye recipes.
    Fixes issue whereby it was possible to skip the entire second phase of the Eredin fight.
    Fixes issue whereby a silver sword was needed to craft the Mastercrafted Legendary Griffin Steel Sword.
    Fixes issue whereby two NPCs from the "Without a Trace" quest were impossible to defeat.
    The Rabid Rock Trolls near the Dun Tynne crossroads are slightly less rabid on the "Just the Story" difficulty level.
    Fixes issue that allowed users to switch bolts underwater, resulting in lower damage dealt during said submersion.
    Corrects the value of the Adrenaline Rush buff during the fight against a group of bandits in the "Capture the Castle" quest.
    Introduces tweaks to the loot randomization system.
    Dealing a killing blow now generates the correct amount of Adrenaline.
    Fixes issue whereby Roach's tail could vanish.
    For those affected by this issue, swapping saddles, saving the game and then loading that save is recommended.
    Adjusts the maximum level for items, quests and NPCs to address level requirement
    discrepancies if player started NG+ on a very high level. Item and quest maximum level is now 100. NPCs maximum level is 105.
    Corrects the statistics of the Hen Gaidth and Tesham Mutna sets in New Game + mode.
    Fixes issue whereby the Toussaint Knight's Steel Sword Diagram was not added to the crafting page after looting it.
    Fixes issue whereby the Second Life mutation could, under certain circumstances, grant Geralt infinite health regeneration.
    Fixes issue whereby the Wicked Witch in the "Beyond Hill and Dale..." quest could occasionally prove invincible.
    Fixes issue whereby the Euphoria buff was not applied correctly following the imbibing of a decoction.

GUI

Fixes issue whereby it was possible to place a skill in a mutation slot of a different color.
    Fixes Steam controller issues.
    Adds PlayStation controller prompt icons.
    Fixes issue whereby craftable items in New Game + mode could have incorrect level requirements.
    Fixes issues affecting the dismantling of mutagens in bulk in the alchemy lab.

Quests

Fixes issue whereby it was not possible to interact with loot chests in the "Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear" quest.
    Fixes issue whereby Geralt's entry would disappear from the Glossary once he decided to join the tourney under his true name.
    Fixes issue whereby two bandits outside the Nowhere Inn could prove impossible to kill during the "Following the Thread" quest.
    Fixes issue whereby players could occasionally become blocked during the "Contract: Bovine Blues" quest due to a dracolizard's overly friendly attitude.
    Fixes issue whereby Reginald's statue could not be placed in Corvo Bianco's front yard.
    Fixes issue whereby it was not possible to kill Morkvarg in New Game + mode during the "In Wolf's Clothing quest".
    Fixes issue whereby it was occasionally not possible to use the Alchemy Table at Corvo Bianco.
    Fixes issue whereby the progression of the "Equine Phantoms" quest could occasionally be blocked.
    Fixes issue whereby the objective to wear attire befitting the occasion could be displayed indefinitely after the player fulfilled it in the "The Man from Cintra" quest.
    Fixes issue whereby the quest "Contract: Bovine Blues" could not be completed if the "Big
    Feet to Fill" point of interest had not been completed.
    Fixes issue whereby Vivienne could despawn in the "The Warble of a Smitten Knight" quest.
    Fixes issue whereby the progression of the "Feet Cold As Ice" quest could occasionally be blocked.
    Fixes issue whereby it was possible to inadvertently reactivate the objective of the "Feet Cold As Ice" quest.
    Fixes additional instances of an issue whereby the borders meant to exist only during the "Night of Long Fangs" quest would sometimes become enabled outside the duration of the quest, preventing users from exploring Toussaint.
    Hughes is now spawned correctly following the "One more day" choice in the "Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls of Granite!" quest.
    It is no longer possible to get trapped inside The Pheasantry during the progression of the "Gwent: Never Fear, Skellige's Here" quest.
    Fixes issue whereby the progression of the "Big Feet to Fill" quest could occasionally be blocked.
    Fixes issue whereby the statues in the "Extreme Cosplay" quest occasionally would not spawn.
    Fixes issue whereby the bruxa in the "The Beast of Toussaint" quest would display pacifist tendencies, whereas the progression of the story needed her to turn hostile.
    Fixes issue whereby it was not possible to interact with the footsteps during the crime scene investigation in the "The Beast of Toussaint" quest.
    Fixes issue whereby it could be impossible to talk to the quest giver in the quest titled "Knight for Hire"

As far as i understand (read), no clear/reliable info on save game compatibility available? (while one could interpret from some certain lines, that save compatibility is given).

Pretty sure, scripting mods need updates.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 29, 2016 at 01:37 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

its usually is always save game compatible.. dont recall a single patch that would damage the saves.. CDPR is very careful in this area

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    its usually is always save game compatible.. dont recall a single patch that would damage the saves.. CDPR is very careful in this area
    Assumed so, but who knows if it is 100 % non-disturbing saves, aka a technical compatibilty is not 1:1 a gameplay-save compatibility.

However, most important is that saves work properly in technical regard (which excludes but mods which have scripting-content).

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Just finished the Wild Hunt. Man, what a ride! Onwards to Hearts of Stone and then Blood and Wine, which seems to be the most interesting of the two expansions.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Personally, i think main antagonist in Heart of Stone is a bit more terrifying than one in the Blood and Wine..

Patrician Artifex

Wow, Steam shows 5.3 GB patch 1.3 update.

That's massive. I wonder about that amount.

EDIT

Just fired up my last save (level 23, Geralt in Kaer Trolde, harbour) after patch 1.3 update finished.

With seven non-script mods active, no issues whatsoever.
    Most relevant for me has been, that my items mod is 1:1 applied.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 30, 2016 at 01:10 PM.

W3 GOTY is out!

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Assumed so, but who knows if it is 100 % non-disturbing saves, aka a technical compatibilty is not 1:1 a gameplay-save compatibility.

However, most important is that saves work properly in technical regard (which excludes but mods which have scripting-content).
    Make a manual backup of the saves just to be safe. They are in \Documents\The Witcher 3\gamesaves

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinary Guardian View Post
    Just finished the Wild Hunt. Man, what a ride! Onwards to Hearts of Stone and then Blood and Wine, which seems to be the most interesting of the two expansions.
    I loved Heart of Stone the most, because it's a dark and gothic atmosphere. And the plot is one of the best i ever seen in a videogame so far. Blood and Wine is great but it's too bright looking for me and plot is inferior to HoS

Started HoS. Thing is, I've seen what Velen and Novigrad offer already and as such play just for the storyline. O the other hand, BW offers a whole new region, with a colour palette strikingly different than the one in the main game.

One of the main criticisms I have for the Wild Hunt is that it plays safe and doesn't really offer any exotic places of the Witcher world to explore. Judging from what I saw in the Tir na Lia mission, the developers would have a field day creating strikingly different sceneries than competitive RPGs.

They cannot create new places from scratch because the game is heavily book based and in the books there are not exotic places at all. The one who get closer to an exotic look is infact Toussaint. They can take poetrical licenses for quests/characters and villains but not for regions.
    Last edited by DAVIDE; August 31, 2016 at 11:54 AM.

I meant places like Ofir or Nilfgaard, which are mentioned but not really explored.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinary Guardian View Post
    I meant places like Ofir or Nilfgaard, which are mentioned but not really explored.
    As Davide pointed to already, the question is, which regions are actively explored by protagonists in the "The Witcher" lore/literature - the protagonist, which is thus far, Geralt.

In regard of "mentioned" regions in the three Witcher games, we would have much more than just Ofir and Nilfgaard, even exotic regions, ie. Serikania (not sure of the spelling now).

Edit

Found a thread with links to Witcher maps: https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/com..._world_of_the/

Examples:

Last edited by DaVinci; August 31, 2016 at 08:45 PM.

Last time Geralt visited Nilfgaard, was long before the beginning of W1. Emhyr was cursed and Ciri just an infant. In the main game they have been following a specific timeline of events leading to the finding of Cirilla. There was no reason to put Nilfgaard visitable when Nilgaardians and their emperor were at war at your place (Northern Realm)

Heart of Stone's decision to stay in Velen i think reflected the fact that the map was already done, a way to save time for a release. They only had to create a brandnew main story and few secondary quests and thats it.

Blood and Wine's Toussaint was chosen to give you something different to play with, its one of the very few countries untouched by war. A large scale war not only involving Nilfgaard and Temeria but also all their allies in the north and south.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

So I was doing the mission where you're hunting down Philippa Eilhart, and fought the fire golem guarding her quarters undergroudn. It was awesome cause it let me figure it out on my own that I could use Aard to put out it's fire so I could attack it. I didn't need a stupid tutorial to tell me what to .
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    So I was doing the mission where you're hunting down Philippa Eilhart, and fought the fire golem guarding her quarters undergroudn. It was awesome cause it let me figure it out on my own that I could use Aard to put out it's fire so I could attack it. I didn't need a stupid tutorial to tell me what to .
    You are a terrible witcher. A real witcher would read "Origins of Magic Arcana" and know Aard is useful for fire elementals. Just terrible.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    You are a terrible witcher. A real witcher would read "Origins of Magic Arcana" and know Aard is useful for fire elementals. Just terrible.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

aard works even if you're not a witcher once you learn the gesture. I just extinguished my lighter doing so