Thread: Shattered World - A World Without Rome

Icon3 Shattered World - A World Without Rome

Hi, guys! I do have an interesting request, since the mod tools released...
    SHATTERED WORLD

This mod is simple, but could potentially provide a lot of fun. The idea is to completely destroy the two Roman Empires (East and West) and replace them with their emergent factions. (Macedonia, Britain, Gaul, Dacia, Illyria, Caucasia, Pontus, Egypt, Septimania, Hispania, Italia, Judea)

I think victory conditions could either be the same as their respective cultures (Eastern Roman emergent factions with Eastern Rome's Empire's victory conditions, Western Roman Empire emergent factions with Western Roman Empire's), or different if anyone chooses.

Any thoughts on this? Would anybody be willing to create this? I heard it would be far more simple than other mods. If anybody wishes to talk to me about this, such as comments, questions or "Hey, I'll do it!", please do say in the comments.

Default Re: Shattered World - A World Without Rome

Just adding on, the ones I listed are only a couple factions to choose from. In reality there's many, many more, such as Africa and Pontus.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

This is a really cool idea, though I think having the Western Roman Empire as an overlord of sorts, having each of the regional factions as vassal states to Rome would be awesome and probably the most historical

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    This is a really cool idea, though I think having the Western Roman Empire as an overlord of sorts, having each of the regional factions as vassal states to Rome would be awesome and probably the most historical
    Well, the point of this mod idea was mostly to try to craft your own sort of Empire, example being a new Macedonian Empire, or try to make a new "Roman Empire" as Italia. Just among some things.

I was actually going to do something relatively similar for my own private consumption -> a highly diverse alternate history campaign roughly based on Lux Invicta, a mod I made for CK2, but sadly atm the assembly kit does not work with start_pos stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldaemon View Post
    I was actually going to do something relatively similar for my own private consumption -> a highly diverse alternate history campaign roughly based on Lux Invicta, a mod I made for CK2, but sadly atm the assembly kit does not work with start_pos stuff.
    Woah woah woah, hold the phone. YOU made Lux Invicta?

Oh wait, I re-read it, and realised you meant based on Lux Invicta. I thought you made it. I was super excited for a second to see you xD

Anyways, good idea! I'd love to see that.

Dammit I'm stupid. I'm so sorry for the triple comment (I hope it's not annoying mods, it's purely by accident), but now I see "a mod I made for CK2", and now I do see you made it.

Damn. Nice to meet you!

Yes, I am Shaytana on the paradox forums, and I made Lux Invicta, although after some real life problems KOd me for a while I quit working on it.

I am seriously considering making a Lux Invicta mod for Attila, even if for my private use only.

Yes, I am Shaytana on the paradox forums, and I made Lux Invicta, although after some real life problems KOd me for a while I quit working on it.

I am seriously considering making a Lux Invicta mod for Attila, even if for my private use only.
    I'm so happy for you! It sounds like it could be great.

Er, mind if I add you? On perhaps Steam?

Sure, go ahead. I saw you messaged me on the paradox forums. In any case provided CA fix the assembly kit before I lose all interest in Attila, a Lux Invicta of some type will be made. Sadly because of how limited modding warscape can be compared to CK2 modding it would be rather limited by default. It's a pity adding new regions to the map is impossible, that alone would have benefited a LI mod greatly.

Sure, go ahead. I saw you messaged me on the paradox forums. In any case provided CA fix the assembly kit before I lose all interest in Attila, a Lux Invicta of some type will be made. Sadly because of how limited modding warscape can be compared to CK2 modding it would be rather limited by default. It's a pity adding new regions to the map is impossible, that alone would have benefited a LI mod greatly.
    I agree. I don't even think we can add new settlements... But regardless, I'm very excited to see what you can make. Hope to talk to you on Steam!

@Aaldaemon: If you are indeed Shaytana, the Lux Invicta Regency Council would love to have you back in creative control, or even just for you to comment on the direction we've taken it.

Numahr's Avatar Foederatus

Indeed. I hope and think that the direction we gave to the mod would make you/Shaytana happy