Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Updated - 2/25/2015 Viking Factions custom units. (For Viking Forefathers DLC)

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Updated - 2/25/2015 Viking Factions custom units. (For Viking Forefathers DLC)

I'm sure Arni won't mind me reuploading to dif site so here you go ^^
    http://depositfiles.com/files/wvp023gq4
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Default Re: Updated - 2/25/2015 Viking Factions custom units. (For Viking Forefathers DLC)

Well I'm back, my PC crashed and I just got it working again though I still don't fully trust the hard drive yet....

Glad to hear it works for you and thanks for the heads up! Also as z3n guessed I don't mind you uploading it elsewhere since it's really no hard work at all!

Anyway, since this seems to develop its own dymanic and I really don't want to hijack Zaskar's great unit thread propably a moderator could split the last part to its own topic?

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Háski View Post
    For some reason the units are only added to the Geats. Anyone else getting this problem? I am playing as the Jutes atm.

Yeah same problem. Are you using the viking faction color overhaul?

I'm not using the overhaul and i'm still getting the units only for Geats.

Great addition to the game thankyou

here is the link instead
    http://youtu.be/oAfkJ5oUTjQ

nord13's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Yeah same problem. Are you using the viking faction color overhaul?
    i got them only for Geats as well...anyone knows how to apply units to all viking factions..or jutes only ? btw great mod..dont want to play jutes campaign witout it

Quote Originally Posted by Arni the Terminator View Post
    Well I'm back, my PC crashed and I just got it working again though I still don't fully trust the hard drive yet....

Glad to hear it works for you and thanks for the heads up! Also as z3n guessed I don't mind you uploading it elsewhere since it's really no hard work at all!

Anyway, since this seems to develop its own dymanic and I really don't want to hijack Zaskar's great unit thread propably a moderator could split the last part to its own topic?
    hi Arni !..can you make these great units for Jutes only? its avaible just for Gaets in my game..dunno why

Quote Originally Posted by nord13 View Post
    hi Arni !..can you make these great units for Jutes only? its avaible just for Gaets in my game..dunno why

Hi nord, if you mean Zaskar's units I can indeed distribute them among factions and have already done that for myself BUT I don't know if I would violate the terms of service if I'd upload it since it is just an alteration of someone else's work.

However I can give you quick instructions how to do it yourself since its fairly easy.

1) You need the Packfile Manager, you can get it here http://sourceforge.net/projects/packfilemanager/
    Personally I use version 3.2.1 but I suppose there can't go anything wrong with 3.5.1, if anything it might be better.

2) Unpack to its own folder and open the PackFileManager.exe

3) On the top left corner click File -> Open -> Navigate to wherever you put the viking_ravagers.pack -> double click to open

4) Go to db/ units_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables/ vrz_units_to_groupings_military_permissions
    You should see a chart.

5) If you want to have the units for Jutes only and not for anyone else, replace the entries in the column military_group with att_nor_jutes
    If you want to add the units to different factions copy their entries from the units column and create new entries for the military_group column, e.g. att_nor_danes , att_nor_saxons

So if you for example make all of them availible to 4 factions (Geats, Jutes, Danes, Saxons) you should end up with 16 rows.

This should modifiy their avability in the campaign, for custom battles:

6) Go to db/ units_custom_battle_permission_tables/ vrz_units_custom_battle_permissions
    7) Pretty much just repeat step 5, only this time the column "military_group" is called "faction" and insted of "att_nor_jutes" you need "att_fact_iuti" (for saxons "att_fact_saxones", danes "att_fact_dani", geats "att_fact_gauti")
    Make sure siege_unit_attacker and siege_unit_defender are checked, if you want them as a general unit you could also check that.

I hope I made clear how to do it and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Please excuse that I don't upload it but I hope you understand that I'd rather be sure before breaking any rules of TWC or offending the original creator, Zaskar.

Quote Originally Posted by Arni the Terminator View Post
    Hi nord, if you mean Zaskar's units I can indeed distribute them among factions and have already done that for myself BUT I don't know if I would violate the terms of service if I'd upload it since it is just an alteration of someone else's work.

However I can give you quick instructions how to do it yourself since its fairly easy.

1) You need the Packfile Manager, you can get it here http://sourceforge.net/projects/packfilemanager/
    Personally I use version 3.2.1 but I suppose there can't go anything wrong with 3.5.1, if anything it might be better.

2) Unpack to its own folder and open the PackFileManager.exe

3) On the top left corner click File -> Open -> Navigate to wherever you put the viking_ravagers.pack -> double click to open

4) Go to db/ units_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables/ vrz_units_to_groupings_military_permissions
    You should see a chart.

5) If you want to have the units for Jutes only and not for anyone else, replace the entries in the column military_group with att_nor_jutes
    If you want to add the units to different factions copy their entries from the units column and create new entries for the military_group column, e.g. att_nor_danes , att_nor_saxons

So if you for example make all of them availible to 4 factions (Geats, Jutes, Danes, Saxons) you should end up with 16 rows.

This should modifiy their avability in the campaign, for custom battles:

6) Go to db/ units_custom_battle_permission_tables/ vrz_units_custom_battle_permissions
    7) Pretty much just repeat step 5, only this time the column "military_group" is called "faction" and insted of "att_nor_jutes" you need "att_fact_iuti" (for saxons "att_fact_saxones", danes "att_fact_dani", geats "att_fact_gauti")
    Make sure siege_unit_attacker and siege_unit_defender are checked, if you want them as a general unit you could also check that.

I hope I made clear how to do it and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Please excuse that I don't upload it but I hope you understand that I'd rather be sure before breaking any rules of TWC or offending the original creator, Zaskar.
    wow can i make them as general units too? awsome..thank you for detailed introduction..i just requested a mod for makin more general unit yesterday..maybe its time to make my own very first mode thx again i ll give a try after work

it works!!..Thx again Arni..now i know how can i add my own units to any faction also general units..there goes +rep

is there a mod where i can just upload these shields to my vanilla viking units??

How do you get that armor and outfit for that officer that looks like a high level champion? I've checked all over the varient editor and couldn't find it.

Thank you very good business ...

How did the unit cards?

What program did you use for the unit cards? Please give us information?

Zaskar the Download link ist Offline =( can you reuploaden? Sry for my bad english =)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234