Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SUBMOD] Myarta Visible Traits for 2.2b

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Myarta Visible Traits for 2.2b

Thanks for the update myarta

I can not succeed to open your updated .zip file Myarta

Did someone also encounter difficulties or is it a problem from my part only ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaskad View Post
    I can not succeed to open your updated .zip file Myarta

Did someone also encounter difficulties or is it a problem from my part only ?
    You mean you can't even open it and see what files are inside? What program are you using and do you get a specific error you can screenshot or type out?

It s okay myarta, I solved the problem ;-)

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

Hey myarta, your mod is exactly what I've been looking for, great!

Only to be completely sure, if I have never used your mod before, and if I have EB v. 2
    2b, your mod isn't save game compatible, is it?
    I felt a little lost in your explanation, sorry

In case it isn't save game compatible, what doesn't allow it to be?
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"

Quote Originally Posted by Metaluis90 View Post
    Hey myarta, your mod is exactly what I've been looking for, great!

Only to be completely sure, if I have never used your mod before, and if I have EB v. 2
    2b, your mod isn't save game compatible, is it?
    I felt a little lost in your explanation, sorry

In case it isn't save game compatible, what doesn't allow it to be?
    Sadly it's not save compatible. The issue is the editing of the traits files both on the script side and in the descriptions of each trait. I think you can sort of sometimes change properties of traits in EDCT without breaking savings if you do the no file cache directive but the problem is there aren't useful descriptions for those traits since they weren't meant to be human readable. IIRC they would all show up the same as a blank line if you can't edit the text for each one, and that one needs a new game since you're adding new keys that didn't exist before.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

I don't think it's working for me and, yeah, I do installed it right and overwrite the files and started a new game. Everything seens normal, I can't see the Military Service neither the S/C/V and U/O shows any information other than the binary one. Maybe it's conflicting with other submod??... but I'm using no other submod that can conflict with it, I think, none change the same files. I'm using EB Release v6.1, RTW1 soundtrack and new load screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrobras View Post
    I'm using EB Release v6.1
    You mean b0gia's compilation? I'd be surprised if that mod didn't change the same files since character traits is such a core file to any mod that isn't just graphics. Whoever maintains that is free to incorporate my submod into their compilation (he mentioned he would in January but maybe forgot to put this one in since it's a small side item).

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    You mean b0gia's compilation? I'd be surprised if that mod didn't change the same files since character traits is such a core file to any mod that isn't just graphics. Whoever maintains that is free to incorporate my submod into their compilation (he mentioned he would in January but maybe forgot to put this one in since it's a small side item).
    Checked again. Yes, it does change the same files. I installed your mod after his and overwrote his files, but it seens to be incompatible anyway. I will post in his thread asking for him to make it compatible, but until there I will try to do a quick fix myself and post the results here.

edit: tried to add content from your submod to the compilation txt files. Didn't worked, still seens it isn't installed. I think the task is behiond my poor coding knowledge...
    Last edited by VektorT; November 12, 2016 at 03:45 PM.

It seens the problem was just the software I was using, changed to Notepad++ and worked like a charm. So far I'm playing without any issue with both your mod and b0Gia compilation. Since what I did was just merge the mods of you two, I'm asking for your permission and b0Gia one to upload the files for community use. Can I?

Ah, yeah Notepad++ is essential. Yes, anyone can bundle my mod in theirs, just include "Myarta's Visible Traits" in the "included mods" list.

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    Ah, yeah Notepad++ is essential. Yes, anyone can bundle my mod in theirs, just include "Myarta's Visible Traits" in the "included mods" list.
    Cool, thanks! About the credits, sure, but I don't plan to create a new thread, just post a link here and in b0Gias thread. By the way waiting for his approval to do it.

Well, b0Gia is taking his time to respond, so I uploaded the file anyway. I gave you two the proper credits in the description.

Here is the compatch for anyone who want to use it:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4276

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12