Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Unit Pack Compatibility Languages Project - Rome (UPC-ROM) - updated 1.9.2018

Icon5 Re: Unit Pack Compatibility - Rome 2 (UPC-ROM) - Emperor Edition (Updated 3.3.2016)

[DE]
    Aloha,

dankeschön für die Mühe der Übersetzungen allem voran! Ich schreibe das gerade primär in De, da Du als Modleiter laut Eröffnungspost an eben jener Version mitgearbeitet hast und wir die Kommunikation nicht unnötig erschweren müssen. Lösungen für mein Problem am Ende dann gern nochmal zum Protokoll auf englisch. Das als Vorschlag, stelle mich aber auf die Sprache ein, in der Du antwortest

Jetzt habe ich nur leider das Problem, dass ich Radious Total War Mod aktiv habe, aber die deutsche Version des UPC einfach nicht greifen möchte, heißt: leere Felder statt Texte. Keine Beschreibungen, kein Name einer nicht-vanilla Einheit. Ein Bild hierzu ist im Spoiler abgelegt.

Hat bei mir leider noch nie funktioniert, was darauf schließen lässt, dass irgendwas bei der Kerninitialisierung des Mods scheinbar bei mir schief läuft... Habe heute einmal versuchsweise mit dem Mod Manager gearbeitet, was ja aber leider mit movie-files nicht allzu viel bringt, wie's scheint. Umwandlung via Pack File Manager in eine Mod-Datei, die man dann via Mod Manager reihenfolgetechnisch verwalten kann, brachte leider auch nicht das gewünschte Ergebnis.

Eine Idee?

Spoiler for EXAMPLE PIC

Dank im Voraus und viele Grüße,
    Vale

[Eng]
    -(Limited to relevant text parts)-

First: Thanks to all of you, who made this language conversion possible!

Sadly I got the problem, that I cannot get UPC working with Radious' Total War Mod. More specific: Empty text bars. There are no descriptions, no names for non-vanilla units, like seen in the picture in the spoiler.

In the end this UPC project didn't function at any time I tried it before, so there's not "it worked until I did this or that". Seems like something went wrong with the core initializing part.. Tried it with Mod Manager, which apparently isn't the solution to fix problems with "movie"-mod files... Converting it into a classical mod file to adjust loading order didn't work as well...

Any idea?

(No matter how this turns out, I'm going to post any working solution in english in the end for any following users with the same problem.
    Spoiler for EXAMPLE PIC

Greetings and thanks in advance,
    Vale

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility - Rome 2 (UPC-ROM) - Emperor Edition (Updated 3.3.2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Janus_Valerius View Post
    [Eng]
    -(Limited to relevant text parts)-

First: Thanks to all of you, who made this language conversion possible!

Sadly I got the problem, that I cannot get UPC working with Radious' Total War Mod. More specific: Empty text bars. There are no descriptions, no names for non-vanilla units, like seen in the picture in the spoiler.

In the end this UPC project didn't function at any time I tried it before, so there's not "it worked until I did this or that". Seems like something went wrong with the core initializing part.. Tried it with Mod Manager, which apparently isn't the solution to fix problems with "movie"-mod files... Converting it into a classical mod file to adjust loading order didn't work as well...

Any idea?

(No matter how this turns out, I'm going to post any working solution in english in the end for any following users with the same problem.

Greetings and thanks in advance,
    Vale
    Hello Valerius, I write in English that others can understand it too.

Please try the following steps:
    - re-download the German UPC-ROM again and replace the file in your Rome data folder
    - re-download changed "vanilla" files and verify the integrity of the game:

> Open Steam > click on my games > right-click on Rome > left-click on properties > then look for the "Local files" tab and click on "Verify the integrity of the game cache"

There you can re-check the integrity of your Rome files. It takes some time, but after updating you have again all proper vanilla files.

The UPC files must be in the special "movie" type mod format as they must load at the very end of the mod loading order to overwrite the language files. Yes with the Mod Manager you can't assign a loading order to these special "movie" type mods. But this isn't needed as "movie" type mods will always load at the end.

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility - Rome 2 (UPC-ROM) - Emperor Edition (Updated 3.3.2016)

Thanks for the response.

- I re-downloaded it twice and replaced it, but I'm running Rome 2, not Attila - is there an version extra version for Rome 2 or are they built the same way?
    - Verifying game files resulted in a successful scan, no files seem to be damaged or missing...

At least I should have an english description for the units, am I wrong? So there seems to be sth with my version in general that didn't initiate properly?

Well, after trying different loading orders with several mods, I finally broke my savegame.

As I got this, it's very much depending on the loading order the savegame has had as it has been created. If you change the loading order and therefore change the conflicting file's order, it could stop rome 2 from working while loading a save game file...

Quiet annoying thing... as I never got that deeply annoying, blinding dust clouds in North Africa deleted with any mod..

Thanks for the response.
    - I re-downloaded it twice and replaced it, but I'm running Rome 2, not Attila - is there an version extra version for Rome 2 or are they built the same way?
    - Verifying game files resulted in a successful scan, no files seem to be damaged or missing...
    At least I should have an english description for the units, am I wrong? So there seems to be sth with my version in general that didn't initiate properly?
    Well, after trying different loading orders with several mods, I finally broke my savegame.
    As I got this, it's very much depending on the loading order the savegame has had as it has been created. If you change the loading order and therefore change the conflicting file's order, it could stop rome 2 from working while loading a save game file...
    Quiet annoying thing... as I never got that deeply annoying, blinding dust clouds in North Africa deleted with any mod..
    I copy/pasted the wrong description. I fixed it now and of course the special UPC-ROM is needed for Rome 2 if you want to play in any other language than English and that the Unit Mod names are visible. That's a problem which is since Empire. If you set the language in Rome 2 (Steam options) to English, then you will see all unit names of all used mods. But of course you play in German and therefore you will need the UPC-ROM that you can see at least the supported mods which are listed here on the first page.

UPC language files

Yes the save games can be broken if you remove mods which add custom content like unit packs. Here's some info from my AUM-ROM thread and this info is related to ALL unit packs.

Create a backup of your save games before using AUM-ROM. If you install an unit pack and then play a campaign, the IDs of the custom units stay in the save game. If you remove later an unit pack in your ongoing campaign, then the save game can't be loaded correctly if there are recruited custom units in the armies from you or the AI.

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\save_games

If the custom battle screen crashes, then please remove all files in these two folders below:

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\battle_preferences

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\army_setups

What you can try is to activate all mods again with which you played your previous save game and then it should work again.

If you don't see any German unit names or descriptions, despite you installed the UPC-ROM correctly, please create screenshots of your Rome 2 data folder and Mod Manager/Rome 2 launcher that I can see what is wrong.

pls help..access to path C:\Program Files/Total War Rome2 /data /______XIIICesares _Legions_Del pack is denied...pls HELP

Quote Originally Posted by crotemplar View Post
    pls help..access to path C:\Program Files/Total War Rome2 /data /______XIIICesares _Legions_Del pack is denied...pls HELP
    There shouldn't be any problem for a normal user account on Windows to put a file into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war rome 2\data directory. If this folder is somehow restricted, please try to login as an admin user.

Hi there.

Most of the radious unit pack units appear in english now. Its better then nothing but i would love to have them in german too if they have been translated aswell and my translationpackage isnt working hte way it should do.
    As far as i have seen only new roman units have german names now.

Would be glad if someone could help me.

Ty and cheers

Grev

Quote Originally Posted by Grevogh View Post
    Hi there.
    Most of the radious unit pack units appear in english now. Its better then nothing but i would love to have them in german too if they have been translated aswell and my translationpackage isnt working hte way it should do.
    As far as i have seen only new roman units have german names now.
    Would be glad if someone could help me.
    Ty and cheers
    Grev
    Welcome to the forums Grevogh!

Do you use the latest German UPC-ROM version?

As I translated quite all unit names of the Radious units into German. Several of the other mods are still included in English as I didn't have the time to translate them all.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I'd like to give the UPC team a big thanks. Your hard work helped a lot for Rise of Mordor translations.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    I'd like to give the UPC team a big thanks. Your hard work helped a lot for Rise of Mordor translations.
    Thanks a lot Caligula! It was a pleasure to help.

Swiss would it be possible to include this mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...n&id=327588507 in the german Modfile of yours??

Quote Originally Posted by Talgor View Post
    Swiss would it be possible to include this mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...n&id=327588507 in the german Modfile of yours??
    Welcome to the forums Talgor.
    I'm working on several small fixes of the UPC-ROM and yes I can check this mod if it is possible to include it.

Thanks that would be great!

It's great that there are people like in this team who make such things for the community. Big respect for your work

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility - Rome 2 (UPC-ROM) - Emperor Edition (Updated 18.1.2017)

Hey Swiss I know you just add a mod for me, but if you have time maybe you could check this one as well! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=482650447
    I love Sparta so these are my favorites.

Default Re: Unit Pack Compatibility - Rome 2 (UPC-ROM) - Emperor Edition (Updated 18.1.2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Talgor View Post
    Hey Swiss I know you just add a mod for me, but if you have time maybe you could check this one as well! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=482650447
    I love Sparta so these are my favorites.
    Yes I will add it to my task list and after I gathered more updates, then I will release a new version.

Hey, thank you for this awesome mod!
    I need help, I've created 2 units and as you know no modded unit names are displayed if you are not in english, I would like to know how I can put their names visible in custom/campaign myself (I can deal without unit description).
    Thanks for the help.

Sorry for the double post, Swiss Halberdier answered about my request.

i download the mod and i extract it to game location but nothing happened this is the case with all mods
    i have Rome ii emperor edition version 2.2 but its cracked version ant idea ?