View Poll Results: Who will be the glorious leader of Thema Devia?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pope Diamat I

5 26.32%
  • Doge Iskar the Preliminary

2 10.53%
  • The Dark Lord

1 5.26%
  • The Great Oppressor lolIsuck

5 26.32%
  • Generalissimo Frunco

3 15.79%
  • Supreme Overlord Oda Nobunaga

2 10.53%
  • His Dudeness Flinn

1 5.26%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elect your Glorious Leader!

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Default Re: Elect your Glorious Leader!

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Yea, a sign has been given to us! Let us all abstain to show our loyalty to the one true Leader, Frunk! He shall show us the way through the darkness!
    You got it, man.

Title: Generalissimo (Frunco).
    Form of Government: Ochlocracy.
    Last edited by Frunk; July 17, 2017 at 08:02 AM.

Great to see so many candidates, it will not be an easy choice when it comes to a vote...There are a number of names, however, that I find curiously lacking here.

I summon ye, AKAR, FERDIAD and ODA from the fires of the underworld wherein ye dwell!

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

LORD ODA YEAR OF FIRE ROOSTER!

(Artist's Impression)

Why hast thou awakened me from my eternal slumber? ... oh

Well I wanted to vote Inkie but I guess I will vote myself.
    You may call me Emperor, Shogun, Dark Lord or Supreme Overlord. I shall let the people decide for I am merciful and generous.

My state shall be an Intergalactic Empire with a Theocratic element in which I am both the deity and the high priest. It shall have a constitution, support the Democratic rights of the people and generally stay out of the people's business as much as possible while also providing for everyone's needs. I also promise to bring about Universal Unification and to protect unwanted Reptilian and Pony minorities. If you vote for me I will not blow up your planet. Also wouldn't it be awesome if there was a Lord Oda vs Lord Zenu battle (which would be televised on a Friday night)? Well if you don't vote for me it can't happen.

A vote for Oda is a vote for salvation.
    My name is Oda Nobunaga and I approve this message.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

puff pant, am I still in time?? too many naps dude, too many of them!

----------------------------------------
    The Church of the Latter-Day Dude

Title: The Dude, His Dudeness or El Duderiño
    Form of Government: Non-cracy
    Dogmas: Taking it easy, bowling, being cool headed, abiding, bowling, taking plenty of naps, not giving a crap, bowling, drinking White Russian, not pissing on the rug, keeping calm and of course bowling
    Scope: Stress is the rooth of all evils! Come join me in the slowest growing and most easygoing religion. We will not do anything to change, we will not be concerned by anything and we will not give a crap about being considered lazy. We are perfectly calm, calmer than they are!

This will be our banner, that we will bring in front of us when we will go bowling

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I will also organize some courses, if you really can't be quiet

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There will also be some "not-quite-official" positions to be covered

The Dude: eh man, that is my position!
    The Donny: you'll have to question everything, just because you feel like that is not your opinion man!
    The Walter: the rules man, this is not 'Nam!
    The Jesus: no one will with you!
    The Stranger: cool outfit, awesome mustaches, free drinks!

Remember, good things happen to those who hire elect a Dude!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

i demand a bribe before i even THINK about casting a vote here

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    LORD ODA YEAR OF FIRE ROOSTER!

(Artist's Impression)

Why hast thou awakened me from my eternal slumber? ... oh

Well I wanted to vote Inkie but I guess I will vote myself.
    You may call me Emperor, Shogun, Dark Lord or Supreme Overlord. I shall let the people decide for I am merciful and generous.

My state shall be an Intergalactic Empire with a Theocratic element in which I am both the deity and the high priest. It shall have a constitution, support the Democratic rights of the people and generally stay out of the people's business as much as possible while also providing for everyone's needs. I also promise to bring about Universal Unification and to protect unwanted Reptilian and Pony minorities. If you vote for me I will not blow up your planet. Also wouldn't it be awesome if there was a Lord Oda vs Lord Zenu battle (which would be televised on a Friday night)? Well if you don't vote for me it can't happen.

A vote for Oda is a vote for salvation.
    I hereby propose a motion to prohibit anything that is Asia-related from running for election.

Patrician

The electoral committee does not have power to pass motions.

Cahoma's representative and by default Cahoma himself is racist and against Universal Salvation. Are these the kind of people you want running the TD? A vote for Cahoma is a vote for Avian supremacy.
    This Year of Fire Rooster make sure to vote for Oda Nobunaga, he wants salvation for all people, not just Avians.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Are these the kind of people you want running the TD?
    Yes. Everyone does. I'm amazing. Everyone says so. But the fake news don't show that. They don't show the crowds cheering me at my rallies. I'm gonna change that. I'm gonna change everything. I'm gonna be tough. We will make the TD great again.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

^ one more reason to vote for the republic and end all tyrants. Once more unto the beach, dear friends, once more.
    Yes, that was the deliberate typo of the week
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    ^ one more reason to vote for the republic and end all tyrants. Once more unto the beach, dear friends, once more.
    If elected I promise to make a Republic and to provide safe passage for everyone to the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    Yes. Everyone does. I'm amazing. Everyone says so. But the fake news don't show that. They don't show the crowds cheering me at my rallies. I'm gonna change that. I'm gonna change everything. I'm gonna be tough. We will make the TD great again.
    Isn't it time for a change? The Cult of Meloncat has promised change, but they have not done anything that they promised. They are ineffective leaders and aren't ready for another position of power. If elected I promise to bring change to the TD, the right kind of change. If you are fed up with the incompetent leadership of the Cult of Meloncat then make sure to vote for Lord Oda Nobunaga.

Mi nombre es Oda Nobunaga, y yo apruevo este mensaje.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

The electoral committee does not have power to pass motions.

Cahoma's representative and by default Cahoma himself is racist and against Universal Salvation. Are these the kind of people you want running the TD? A vote for Cahoma is a vote for Avian supremacy.
    This Year of Fire Rooster make sure to vote for Oda Nobunaga, he wants salvation for all people, not just Avians.

You might want to pick another spirit animal thingie if you wish to convince anyone that you're not in on this whole Avian thing.

Patrician

It's really China's fault, not mine.

Mi nombre es Oda Nobunaga, y yo apruevo este mensaje.
    You are a bad hombre.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    You are a bad hombre.
    The time for niceness is over.

Thema Devia has become a dumping ground for everyone else's problems. They are killing us at Rep Trade! They are coming to You Laugh You Lose, and they are not sending their best, believe me. They are bringing unfunny memes, they are bringing boring jokes, they destroy threads. And some I assume are good people, but it only makes common sense, they are not sending us the right Devians! And it's coming from more than just Reddit. It's coming from all over the Internet, and probably from the Deep Web! But we don't know.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; July 20, 2017 at 09:03 PM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Thema Devia... You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    i demand a bribe before i even THINK about casting a vote here
    We'll have no more of this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules
    - No rep-dealing (eg. promising to give rep if elected, requesting rep if elected).
    Any more such posting jeopardizes this whole thread, so please think before you post.

Otherwise, to any more people considering candidacy, you have just about one more day before nominations are closed

The Qurultai had been summoned, and yet for what had seemed like an eternity, not a soul had presented themselves. Eventually, however, they trickled one-by-one into the 'royal' camp. They came from far and wide, a nobleman here, a commoner there, all answering the call and determined to press their claim to the leadership of the troubled province of Thema Devia, or to at least witness the pageantry and fanfare of the event.

Each claimant was thoroughly studied upon their entry by the appointed overseer. A couple who were well-established local magnates with historical precedent to their names, one who was an up-and-coming, ambitious recent arrival wishing to make a name for himself, another who was a mysterious, obscure entity from the other realms of the confederation who had seldom been sighted in these parts. The normally unmoved overseer was most surprised, however, by the arrival of a trio of blue-clad Gendarmes, each making their own individual claims, and this unprecedented occurrence was compounded by the arrival of one of the high overlords themselves, who seemed to have taken interest in the plebby rituals of the unwashed lower spheres of the Confederation.

Yet, such a description would be unwarranted, for whereas the previous election resembled a conclave of the Brethren of the Coast - each claimant attempting to outmatch his neighbour in crimes committed - this meeting bore greater resemblance to the Field of the Cloth of Gold, each claimant having a list of titles, ranks and achievements to their name and a distinguished history of service to the Confederation. All of those presenting themselves were of the bourgeoisie and elite, a rather abundant demonstration of the recent demographic changes within the province of Thema Devia. It may have been these same changes that brought members of the Gendarmerie and Administratum to become claimants, to participate in something to which their orders had long been opposed. A most interesting selection of candidates overall, but who would be chosen by the people of the Confederation?

____

Nominations have now closed. You may now vote for your preferred candidate. Normal posting (within the rules) may continue.

This list of candidates has been added to the OP.

Pope Diamat I

Doge Iskar the Preliminary

The Dark Lord

The Great Oppressor lolIsuck

Generalissimo Frunco

Supreme Overlord Oda Nobunaga

His Dudeness Flinn
    ___

Caligula has withdrawn his candidacy ( )

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Once more unto the ballot box, dear friends (and foes), once more!
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Has the Hex/mods really allowed this?
    Four out of seven candidates are admins/mods.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

We must seize the memes of production comrades!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast