Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Comprehensive Overview of the Building System - Now with tutorial

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Comprehensive Overview of the Building System - Now with tutorial

Sounds like you have the faction_unique entry set to true in building_levels
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Thank you that fixed the problem!!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Can anyone point to me how do I create unique building ? With assembly kit preferably.
    A step by step instruction would be nice.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Maybe someone can help me with my problem?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...chain-problems

Been trying to figure this out for a while, thank you!

Hello.
    Encountered this problem, I created a new chain of buildings for the Greek faction, instead of vanilla, but the new chain does not appear in the game.

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by crzyrndm View Post
    Sounds like you have the faction_unique entry set to true in building_levels
    Hi crzyrndm and thanks for this tutorial, I found a problem with the loading of building_levels table
    that's the problem:

https://mega.co.nz/#!losC2SID!eUaKbg...zlFKV9Hlh6lDEE

what kind of problem is this?
    thanks in advice ^^

it seems like the problem is the new rome2 patch :/

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Anyone had any luck adding custom slot templates to the startpos?

When i add a custom slot template it crashes on campaign load.

Hi there i followed this tutorial(great tutorial by the way) and i get the buildings in game however iam running into some issues i cant place them to be there to begin with in stratpos_settlements using assembly kit they dont appear at begining of campaign but are buildable as long as the first structure present how do i say begin with my version of tier 2 temple or city lets say from campaign start. Iam also geting strange bug the walls of provincial capitails are missing on campaign strat map it seems to be for all the citys that had walls there invisible for this faction only note i only touched 2 setlements that had walls which required new builidngs as a new culture was changed from persian to greek now not sure how to fix this any ideas? I think it has something to do with an entry i added to building effects junction - add hidden walls 15 m not sure if this has affected the campaign start map walls it only thing that ressembles the walls missing in Db table is this the problem? note the building themselves appear on campaign map but not the walls around them i think i added the correct entry for campaign_settlement_display_buildings.

Thank you for any assistance on theese matters.
    Last edited by goblinking; August 01, 2015 at 11:08 AM.

How can i unlock recruitment of thorax hoplites at Holosideros barracks level 3?
    I have PFM but have no idea what to do.

@crzyrndm

Hello, may I ask if its possible that one building(eventually with a new building chain) be shared between all cultures? Its seems its possible when I look at all_mine, then I've tried to copy it for my new buildings. They work fine, until someone from another culture(rom_Hellenistic, rom_Barbarian...etc) conquier the region, then the building cannot be upgraded(there is the little triangle with the warning sign).

I filled the building_culture_variants_tables and building_chain_availabilities_tables. Still it doesn't work and its quite discouraging me. Can you eventually take a look to the concerned tables?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ob...buildings.pack

@VINC.XXIII Some cultures/factions have to be assigned specifically in the building chain table. If that subculture or faction has any entry at all in that table, then it must always get an entry when assigning new chains. Try using the following table for your building chains and let me know if it works:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hp...s_dresden.pack

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    @VINC.XXIII Some cultures/factions have to be assigned specifically in the building chain table. If that subculture or faction has any entry at all in that table, then it must always get an entry when assigning new chains. Try using the following table for your building chains and let me know if it works:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hp...s_dresden.pack
    Hello Dresden! I already tried it, assigning specifically either"culture" "subculture" or "faction" or "campaign", or all categories at one time. A strange thing appears: all buildings become "culturally not compatible" for the faction who is allowed in building_ch_ava_tables to share with another culture the same building chain.

Saying I've given to rom_Barbarian/rom_arverni/sc_rom_gauls/main_punic the permission to use umbrian_military(originally belonging to a faction which is rom_Roman), then that celtic faction will be unable to build any building that is originally belonging to his culture(all his barbarian buildings then are marqued with the little triangle and buildings not anymore upgradable like it is in vanilla game.)

Did you succeeded in one of your mods to make one building sharable between several cultures?
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 25, 2016 at 03:34 AM.

If you assign any entries in that table to a faction, subculture, and/or campaign, you have to assign ALL the building chains to that same entry. So, any entries that are specified to a specific entry in the columns must have all chains also specified.

Not sure if that helps or not.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    If you assign any entries in that table to a faction, subculture, and/or campaign, you have to assign ALL the building chains to that same entry. So, any entries that are specified to a specific entry in the columns must have all chains also specified.

Not sure if that helps or not.

Interestingly the deleting of building_chain_availabilities_tables from my mod has no incidence on the compatibility between umbrian_military(chain) and rom_Roman. The game can work without assigning correctly the new chain to a culture/faction/subculture/campaign.

In my mod the building depending from umbrian_military chain is located in a region held by a faction belonging to rom_Roman culture.

I think I've obviously to find another solution, but thanks

Hi,

Followed the instructions very carefully, still no luck Trying to make a new chain (and buildings) "rom_ROMAN_military_buff_minor". It followes the same rules a the major military buff chain but it can be build in minor cities. Can anyone maybe take a look at this please?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sg0fx6...lding_mod.pack

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345