Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Default Re: Realism Core v5 for LME4

Quote Originally Posted by rafael-cz View Post
    I hope you will still work on it, because NTW will be the only Napoleonic .TW for a long time.

I did not understand the installation very much, I just got to be sure.

I simply copy to the folder data and run through the NTW standard icon (not via the MLE launcher) do I have to make some adjustments in the user script?
    You only need to copy the userscript I added on the first post then you're good to go.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

thanks for the reply. NTW3 has more realistic units, uniforms, movement .. but it ends, the units on the battle map gather in the crowds, and it makes trouble .... (I do not know if they have made any changes) but the inaccuracy of the units was too exaggerated. when two elite units stand against each other, for 30m, after full salvo, the soldier fell, only 4 ... sorry ehhh .... If it was a militia. so i might understand it ....... i hope you will make the LME (using RC) something intergalactic ... thanks bro
    thanks for the reply. NTW3 has more realistic units, uniforms, movement .. but it ends, the units on the battle map gather in the crowds, and it makes trouble .... (I do not know if they have made any changes) but the inaccuracy of the units was too exaggerated. when two elite units stand against each other, for 30m, after full salvo, the soldier fell, only 4 ... sorry ehhh .... If it was a militia. so i might understand it ....... i hope you will make the LME (using RC) something intergalactic ... thanks bro

Update up.

- Fixed the negative morale on campaign map when playing Very Hard \ Expert
    - Added back ALL campaign map .esf files containing the CAI data. I now realize that for well over a year I did not include them nor did I update them, I'm a complete idiot. I aplologize to everyone. Now they're back and updated. You need to overwrite the original files in "..data/campaigns/" for them to work properly. Now the CAI should work 100% as intended without bugs.

As a bonus, I have adjusted the diplomatic relations for Bavaria, Wurttemberg and Saxony in the 1813 campaign. The three nations will slowly swing towards the Allies now, at different speeds. Since I modified only their own diplomatic values, playing as France you wont be able to keep track of this, making the betrayal very real and the threat always looming not too far from home.

Enjoy
    My Mods and Projects

- Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures

Yeahhhhh

I've started fixing and adding things again. I'll have a free week to do so so I'll put some work into it with some specific units that need attention.

Wurttemberg, fixed Generals Staff with authentic uniform

Garde Jaeger

Fixed unregistered French Guard Carabinier standard bearer and badly placed textures on Naples' roster. I'll release this update next week after some more tweaking.
    My Mods and Projects

I've restored the Irish Legion's former uniform. In game, LME's team represented it as its 3rd Regiment after the reorganization of the army in the late 1810s, it didnt feel right to me. They needed a better distinction.
    I'm working on a regimental flag but the struggle doesnt seem worth it as it wont collide nor move.

My Mods and Projects

Thanks, this mod. is why I still play Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by calcabrina View Post
    Thanks, this mod. is why I still play Napoleon
    You're very welcome.

Meanwhile I have adjusted the uniforms of Franquemont and Kronprinz regiments

The mounted jaeger which was very far from the authentic one

And Baden Guard Grenadiers which was a bit ugly

Most other uniforms are close enough to the original. Masters of Europe has better uniforms for that I'm sure.
    I will probably just replace the Garde du Corps which really needs fixing, and then I'll move on to some Danish units that are still very much vanilla NTW.
    Then I'll release. I have also changed the victory goals for Britain, Spain, Italy and Austria in the 1807 campaign to better reflect the historical situation there and messeed around with diplomatic stances a bit. I wasnt satisfied with the pacing of the campaign.
    My Mods and Projects

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

So does this mod remove a-historical things like the experimental howitzers and steam ships? Does it also flesh out the 1790's scenarios? From what I remember they seemed to lack units for a lot of the minor factions.

I do try to remove any ahistorical "feature" when I see one. There are some issues with the base mod that were never fixed as well.

One such instance was the infamous Garrison Militia not showing up correctly, with ETW in game models, placeholder info pic etc. I kid you not, this one was a pretty nasty bug to fix. I am happy to say that finally after X months of hunting I have done so.

My Mods and Projects

I recently downloaded LME and I've been redirected to this mod to fix the 1792 30 turn CTD and I had some questions. When you say dont use the LME launcher and utilize the user script should I replace my current Napolonic User Script with what you have or just add on to it? Will I be able to continue a campaign that I started before I download your mod or will I have to start a new campaign? F inally, when you say don't use the launcher what do you mean exactly?

You should replace your current user_script file with what I wrote in the first post, yes, of course if you want to change campaign you will need to change the file associated to the campaign as well. Otherwise it will always default to 1807 (its just a matter of changing the first pack in the list, from 1807 to 1792 for example, nothing complex at all).
    Unfortunately I think you will need to start your campaign over again because the changes to the AI would simply conflict with what was going on prior and there's no guarantee any bug will be truly fixed. You could end up stuck anyway.

When I say "dont use the launcher" I mean LME's own launcher, the exe provided with the mod that has all the different options to start your campaigns and change the submods with.
    My Mods and Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    You should replace your current user_script file with what I wrote in the first post, yes, of course if you want to change campaign you will need to change the file associated to the campaign as well. Otherwise it will always default to 1807 (its just a matter of changing the first pack in the list, from 1807 to 1792 for example, nothing complex at all).
    Unfortunately I think you will need to start your campaign over again because the changes to the AI would simply conflict with what was going on prior and there's no guarantee any bug will be truly fixed. You could end up stuck anyway.

When I say "dont use the launcher" I mean LME's own launcher, the exe provided with the mod that has all the different options to start your campaigns and change the submods with.
    Thank you so much for the help, I've been playing the mod and you've done a great job ( I can play past 30 turns now)
    Its so refreshing to see a modder helping and supporting people in 2018, it really does mean a lot.

One last question, is there anyway to improve musket accuracy while still keeping the submod enabled? I realize that longer and more realistic battles is the whole point but battles become a slog and casualties are much lower as well. Its not that big of a deal for me but If there is a solution I would greatly appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by FrogminHabsburg View Post
    Thank you so much for the help, I've been playing the mod and you've done a great job ( I can play past 30 turns now)
    Its so refreshing to see a modder helping and supporting people in 2018, it really does mean a lot.

One last question, is there anyway to improve musket accuracy while still keeping the submod enabled? I realize that longer and more realistic battles is the whole point but battles become a slog and casualties are much lower as well. Its not that big of a deal for me but If there is a solution I would greatly appreciate it
    The solution is... mod the game yourself. I cant do more for you, sorry. I have designed the mod to be this way exactly because battles were too unrealistic in my eyes and I'm a fan of long battles with acceptable number of casualties. It also comes into the balance of campaign battles as I have modified the campaign variables tables to make armies with a certain amount of troops and captives either disappear - to get rid of the whack-a-mole scenario in vanilla TW games - or retire with reasonable amount of survivors. If you kill more men you may end up either stomped or steamrolling your way into Europe.
    My Mods and Projects

--
    Last edited by BlackFire Forge; September 03, 2019 at 06:23 PM.

Hello Sirlion, first of all thank you for this mod which is just great!
    I wanted to know if it was possible to have the link for LME-MOE again, because the download link found in the previous pages is no longer valid ...

Hello Sirlion, great submod! I am testing it at custom battles at the moment and it is just perfect!

I do face a minor problem in the campaign though, which is only present when enabling your submod.

Some of the technologies icons are solid white.

I followed your instructions regarding the installation so I am really curious about what causes the problem.

Also, one more question: In the picture some posts above, where you talking about the garrison militia bug, you are using GEMFX, right?
    If so, what is your preset because it looks awesome

Answer to all: I'm still investigating the icon issue, so far I have not found a solution because I havent touched the technologies at all, so this is a bit bothersome. At least it's a minor problem, everything related to the tech tree works as intended so for now just ignore it until I figure this out.

Yes I'm using GEMFX, I've done so for years by now. I'll look into the preset thing at the moment I dont have it with me.

As for the LME-MOE pack, it's useless at present. Most uniform names have been changed as well as variants so you would just mess the game up. Maybe one day I'll consider remaking it with the latest update of the mod.
    My Mods and Projects

I don't know if I did something wrong when I installed the mod, but it seems like France is just sitting in Paris, they aren't attacking anyone. I'm playing as Prussia(1805) and I know things have changed in the battle because morale is different and units move slower. But I haven't noticed CAI change much doesn't seem like any faction is doing anything. I've fought three nations and expanded since the campaign started but France, Austria haven't done anything. I located Napoleon and his generals they got full stacks in Paris, just sitting there. I tested it with Austria and the same thing is happening is there anything I'm doing wrong? What are other players experience when playing as factions other than France?