Thread: 16th Century Pike and Shot extension, what say ye?

Default 16th Century Pike and Shot extension, what say ye?

So bare with me here, i realise there is much still to do to get this mod completed / polished and finalised, however.....

Despite the Medieval period being my favourite, CA have NEVER given us a TW game covering the hugely important 16th>17th Century's!!! ..which given the enormity of the most destructive war in European history (the 30yrs war) (the real 1st world war),coupled with Europe's first foray's into the new world, it beggars belief they have not ventured here to date, indeed when ever a new Historical title is due im always hoping for this period to be covered, despite the fact another Medieval TW would always be welcome.

I still find the noise and chaos from the smoke, explosions, musket reports etc in ETW to make for the most immersive and exhilarating battles to date.

SO, my thoughts are the current mod as i understand is to stretch as far as the 15th century (1400's for our American friends)!, and i seem to remember seeing an early handgun unit, and an early pike unit within the 15th Century units showcased. thus the framework is there for an extension to maybe just the 16th Century,,to say the year 1592.

Now if you clever dev's could add an Arquebus and pike unit + a light cannon and appropriate cavalry unit, add to this a technology and building that allowed for said units that only became active from the year say 1492, we could have nice Pike and shot warfare for the next 100yrs and have something that CA has never given us, a semi modern TW Pike and shot 16th century campaign.

What say ye....

Default Re: 16th Century Pike and Shot extension, what say ye?

I would love to make a separate mod in that 16th century timeframe. BUT, it will take ages to make, consider the helms, armour, weapons and etc. Time will tell...

Maybe one day, people are still modding Medieval 2 13 years after release so who's to say what modders will be doing 10 years from now. Especially considering that this is the last TW we will ever get to properly mod.

Quote Originally Posted by banskie100 View Post
    I would love to make a separate mod in that 16th century timeframe. BUT, it will take ages to make, consider the helms, armour, weapons and etc. Time will tell...
    Yes, however, there is a full set of 1600 models for the ETW mods, not sure whether these could be ported over or quickly converted?

The reason i suggested the 16th Century only, was so that just a few 'early' pike/shot/cav/cannon models were needed. literally one of each would survice for a good representation of early pike and shot, but would allow the whole campaign to eventually end with said battles, all the rest of the infrastructure is already in place..or will be. Even the late 1400 ship models when they arrive, would be fine though prob not entirely accurate.

I also agree that it is a pity that no one has properly processed the important 16 -17th century into a separate mode.