Thread: Darthmod vs Imperial Destroyer vs Imperail Splendor

Miraklum's Avatar Libertus

Default Darthmod vs Imperial Destroyer vs Imperail Splendor

I've played on Darthmod and now am on Destroyer, just wondering what this one is all about. Can someone give me their personal feedback...

Default Re: Darthmod vs Imperial Destroyer vs Imperail Splendor

Can you give me your personal feedback? The only one I've played is darthmod. What does Destroyer do differently than darthmod? Do you think it's better?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I have played DarthMod and Imperial Splendour.

They have some things in common. Both factions unlock factions and add units. Both make big changes to the game-play. Both mods change the sound effects and the economy, and both make battles play out in a different way.

There are some differences. Imperial Splendour slows down combat a lot, for example musket infantry are more inaccurate and ships have much stronger hulls. In Imperial Splendour, the fatigue system is used to represent unit cohesion and morale is much more fragile. Militia will waver unless they're well-protected on their flanks or close to a general. Cavalry sometimes break on contact with the enemy - instead of being able to charge the enemy repeatedly in a short time, you need to rest your cavalry in between charges (and even then you might lose them when they charge). I believe that these changes aim to offer better historical realism and more challenging game-play.

The modders behind Imperial Splendour have also worked hard to make different factions feel different, with unique technology trees and unique buildings for example. There are two versions of Imperial Splendour. Version 2.2.1.b starts in 1700, while Rise of the Republic starts (if I remember correctly) in the same year as the start of part 4 of the Road to Independence campaign, in the 1780s.
    Last edited by Alwyn; August 27, 2020 at 02:21 AM.

Imperial Splendour definitely does the most to make the game as historically accurate as possible. The other one's are more put together and complete feeling but this one does the best at making you think wow, this really feels like the 18th century. Even with its kind of WIP feel I prefer this mod over all the others. Cant wait till they finish it!