Page 72 of 132 FirstFirst ... 224762636465666768697071727374757677787980818297122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2626

Thread: Hamas attacks southern Israel

Default Re: Hamas attacks southern Israel

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    Alright, so you want more Gazans to be killed, understood.
    Nope. When you rely on such childish argumentation it says a lot more about the merits of your own position.

Yes, the withdrawal from Gaza has no relation to whether or not Israel wants Gaza, but lets focus on the west bank for some reason and try to extrapolate what that means for Gaza.
    Withdrawal in 2005 indeed has no relation to Israel's intentions for Gaza in 2023. Different governments, different circumstances.

Funnily enough, that support came only when the options were reduced to two. When presented with other alternatives, support for settlements fell substantially.
    You know why that is? Because people remember that before Israel left Gaza in 2005, there were not thousands of rockets being fired into Israel constantly. People associate the existance of settlements with security. Only a few hundred, maybe a thousand, would actually go live there. Hence the gathering of supporters of settlements being rebuilt in Gaza mentioned in your article had gathered "hundreds".
    So when presented with just two options, with the second option seemingly not providing security, more people choose the option that does. Given other alternatives that restore security, support for settlements in Gaza is much, much lower.
    I know what that is. It's mental gymnastics to deflect from a claim of yours that you called a fringe idea. It's clearly not. Support for settlements in Gaza, no matter what angle you try to look at, is substantial. It's especially popular among right-wing voters.

This is just completely and utterly false. Construction takes place in settlements constantly, you don't even hear about it because no one cares. The war is all over the news worldwide, as has been every previous military operation. It's baffling just how wrong your comment is.
    None of what you say there constitute as an argument against what I said though. Of course construction takes place in settlements constantly. That's a non-issue. Unveiling new major ones is what usually gets the attention. Right now new expansions are being declared and without war they'd gather much more attention. Heck, even the Israeli creeping into Armenian quarters in East Jerusalem goes ignored.
    The Armenian Issue

Israel was attacked, and it's defending itself.
    By occupying the Gaza Strip?

The country rejects the alleged civilian deaths and injuries related to its military operation as "Hamas figures". I don't trust Hamas either but do you allow neutral observers to go to Gaza? How many international organizations are there like human rights watch, amnesty international, ohchr or similar?

The figures stated by Hamas are indisputable for me until the contrary is proven, because the reason why the contrary cannot be proven is Israel's own attitude. It is Israel that forces us to trust Hamas.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Nebaki View Post
    By occupying the Gaza Strip?
    Imagine this scenario: A man with aims a gun at you and shoots, hitting you in the arm. You shoot back at him, and he says he'll stop shooting now. He's still aiming the gun at you. Do you believe that? Or do you try to disarm him?
    So yes, Israel is defending itself, by making sure Hamas can't attack it anymore.

The country rejects the alleged civilian deaths and injuries related to its military operation as "Hamas figures". I don't trust Hamas either but do you allow neutral observers to go to Gaza? How many international organizations are there like human rights watch, amnesty international, ohchr or similar?
    Foreign media has even been allowed to accompany Israeli forces within Gaza on several occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Nope. When you rely on such childish argumentation it says a lot more about the merits of your own position.
    Says you, not making any counter argument at all.
    Withdrawal in 2005 indeed has no relation to Israel's intentions for Gaza in 2023. Different governments, different circumstances.
    Funny you should say that, because back in 2005 Netanyahu was a minister in the government, and voted in favour of leaving Gaza. And the governing party that initiated the move? Likud.
    I know what that is. It's mental gymnastics to deflect from a claim of yours that you called a fringe idea. It's clearly not. Support for settlements in Gaza, no matter what angle you try to look at, is substantial. It's especially popular among right-wing voters.
    What's popular is security, not settlements. It's just that, when presented with no other alternative, settlements are assumed to be the option that provides security. You can see support for settlements go down in that same article when presented with more options.

None of what you say there constitute as an argument against what I said though. Of course construction takes place in settlements constantly. That's a non-issue. Unveiling new major ones is what usually gets the attention. Right now new expansions are being declared and without war they'd gather much more attention. Heck, even the Israeli creeping into Armenian quarters in East Jerusalem goes ignored.
    What you are arguing is objectively, unequivocally, false. No settlement expansion, no matter how big, ever gets more condemnation than military operations/war. It's not even remotely close. To even attempt to argue otherwise is ludicrous.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

ABILITY OF UNRWA TO CARRY OUT ITS MANDATE IN GAZA IS AT STAKE 
    08 December 2023
    FROM UNRWA COMMISSIONER-GENERAL PHILIPPE LAZZARINI 

Yesterday, I wrote to the President of the UN General Assembly to inform him that UNRWA’s ability to continue delivering its mandate in Gaza has now become very limited. With constant bombardment, low and irregular flow of food and other humanitarian supplies into the Gaza Strip compared to the immense needs of displaced people in our overcrowded shelters and outside, UNRWA’s ability to assist and protect people is reducing fast.

“As I sent my letter to the President of the General Assembly, I took note of the UN Secretary-General's decision to invoke Article 99 of the UN Charter, as the threats of the current conflict on international peace, security and on the lives of nearly the entire population in Gaza are very real. 

“UNRWA is the primary provider for humanitarian assistance to over 2.2 million people in Gaza. Half of them have sought shelter in UNRWA facilities which, despite the fact they are meant to be protected under international humanitarian law, have not been spared in the relentless bombardment of Gaza. 270 displaced people were killed inside them, and nearly 1,000 were injured.   

“More than 130 UNRWA colleagues have been killed, most with their families. At least 70 per cent of UNRWA staff have been displaced. Many multiple times. Those who are still working strive to still provide food assistance and health care. They take their children to work so they know they are safe or that if they die, they will die together.  

In my 35 years of work in complex emergencies, I would never have expected to write such a letter, predicting the killing of my staff and the collapse of the mandate I am expected to fulfill. 

“I urge all member states to take immediate actions to implement an immediate humanitarian ceasefire, enforce international law including the protection of civilians, UN staff, UN premises including shelters, medical facilities and all civilian infrastructure and protect the prospects for a political solution vital to peace and stability and the rights for Palestinians, Israelis, the region and beyond. 

Calling for an end to the decimation of the lives of Palestinians in Gaza is not a denial of the abhorrent attacks of 7 October in Israel. It is the opposite. It is a recognition of the equal rights of all people. Our response to the situation in Gaza today will mark the history of the General Assembly – the gathering of all nations of the world – and the entire UN.” 

UN chief says humanitarian situation in Gaza 'becoming untenable- The Guardian

The UN chief, António Guterres, told the security council that the catastrophic situation in Gaza continued to worsen by the day.
    He said more than 130 of his UN colleagues had already been killed, adding: This is the largest single loss of life in the history of this organization. Some of our staff take their children to work so they know they will live or die together.
    The humanitarian situation is “simply becoming untenable.”
    There is a high risk of the total collapse of the humanitarian support system in Gaza, which would have devastating consequences.

He said public order could completely break down in the Palestinian territory, increasing pressure for mass displacement across the border into Egypt. “I fear the consequences could be devastating for the security of the entire region,” he added.

The UN chief also reiterated his “unreserved condemnation” of Hamas’s brutal attacks on Israel on 7 October which killed about 1,200 people, for which he said there was “no possible justification”.
    At the same time, he said, “the brutality perpetrated by Hamas can never justify the collective punishment of the Palestinian people”. Guterres added:
    While indiscriminate rocket fire by Hamas into Israel, and the use of civilians as human shields, are in contravention of the laws of war, such conduct does not absolve Israel of its own violations.
    António Guterres warned that there was a serious risk of starvation and famine in Gaza, noting that half the people in northern Gaza and more than one third of displaced people in the south are “simply starving”.
    Attacks from air, land and sea are “intense, continuous and widespread,” the UN secretary general told the security council.
    Civilians in Gaza “are being told to move like human pinballs – ricocheting between ever-smaller slivers of the south, without any of the basics for survival,” he said.
    The people of Gaza “are looking into the abyss”, he said, as he called on the international community to do “everything possible” to end their ordeal.

He called on security council members to “spare no effort to push for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire,” adding:
    This is vital for Israelis, Palestinians, and for international peace and security. The eyes of the world – and the eyes of history – are watching.
    -----
    What's going on, right now?

In the Security Council, the vote on demand for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire was delayed for several hours.
    Meanwhile, the deputy U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Robert Wood has already stated:” US cannot back ceasefire after Hamas’s attack on our people.
    "Our people", he said. It’s not Israeli people, it’s our people.

So,Robert Wood has already explained that "Hamas' attack on our people" is the reason why the US will veto any resolution calling for a ceasefire no matter how carefully it´s worded.
    Not much more to say really.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post

In the Security Council, the vote on demand for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire was delayed for several hours.
    Meanwhile, the deputy U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Robert Wood has already stated:” US cannot back ceasefire after Hamas’s attack on our people.
    "Our people", he said. It’s not Israeli people, it’s our people.

So,Robert Wood has already explained that "Hamas' attack on our people" is the reason why the US will veto any resolution calling for a ceasefire no matter how carefully it´s worded.
    Not much more to say really.
    Are you somehow unaware of the fact that a lot of victims were American citizens?

Are you somehow unaware of the fact that a lot of victims were American citizens?
    The jooz are only their own people!!!

62:6 Say: ‘You Jews, if you claim to be the friends of Allah to the exclusion of all other people, then wish for death if you are telling the truth.

[Wasn't he earlier saying how the US was controlled by the 'Jewish lobby', so it would be "our people"...]
    Last edited by Infidel144; December 08, 2023 at 12:53 PM.

Says you, not making any counter argument at all.
    That's one part of the discussion I probably provided the most arguments. Not my problem if you chose to ignore all of it. It's not even something that requires anyone to be pointing out the obvious of course.

Funny you should say that, because back in 2005 Netanyahu was a minister in the government, and voted in favour of leaving Gaza. And the governing party that initiated the move? Likud.
    Which doesn't really change what I said. Here too, of course, you're ignoring all the other signs that we see today, which have been mentioned quite many times already, and only hiding behind 2005.

What's popular is security, not settlements. It's just that, when presented with no other alternative, settlements are assumed to be the option that provides security. You can see support for settlements go down in that same article when presented with more options.
    Sure, when the question is asked in a different there is a different percentage but not one that is negligible. The support for resettlement of Gaza continues to be quite popular, enjoying a substantial percentage of support in the polls even when actual security options are provided. Your equalling resettlement with security is just mental gymnastics that has little intelligent thought in it. Settlements in Gaza was not the factor in lack of rockets. Back then suicide bombings were the preferred modus operandi. Any lack of major rocket barrages could only be attributed to army presence that came with the settlements.

What you are arguing is objectively, unequivocally, false. No settlement expansion, no matter how big, ever gets more condemnation than military operations/war. It's not even remotely close. To even attempt to argue otherwise is ludicrous.
    If they could most European nations would fight Hamas themselves in place of Israelis. What you're arguing there has no basis in reality. Without the Hamas threats settlements get the focus. If they ever get back in focus today its due to Israeli response in Gaza crossing limits. This is no rocket science or conspiracy theory. It's basic common sense.
    The Armenian Issue

The International Committee of the Red Cross chastises the Jews:

Families of Israelis being held hostage by Hamas were reprimanded by representatives of the Red Cross in a meeting earlier this week, with the Red Cross telling one family they need to "think about the Palestinian side," KAN reported on Thursday night.
    Roni and Simona, the parents of Doron Steinbrecher who was kidnapped by Hamas terrorists from Kfar Azza on October 7, were invited to a meeting with the Red Cross earlier this week.

Doron needs a medication she takes daily and her parents thought that the Red Cross was finally willing to transfer the medication to her, but instead they were sat down and reprimanded by representatives of the Red Cross.
    "Think about the Palestinian side," the representatives of the Red Cross told Simona, according to KAN. "It's hard for the Palestinians, they're being bombed."

Simona expressed shock at the Red Cross's behavior. "We left there as we entered: without new information, without something new, and with disappointment," said Simona.
    https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-777223

22:71 They worship besides Allah something for which no authority has come down,
    something about which they have no knowledge. There is no helper for the wrongdoers.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    That's one part of the discussion I probably provided the most arguments. Not my problem if you chose to ignore all of it. It's not even something that requires anyone to be pointing out the obvious of course.
    You've conceded that military action is necessary, yet you don't want civilians to be evacuated from warzones.
    Israel evacuated its own civilians too, is that also ethnic cleansing?
    Which doesn't really change what I said. Here too, of course, you're ignoring all the other signs that we see today, which have been mentioned quite many times already, and only hiding behind 2005.
    The events of 2005 are pretty damn significant. All your 'signs' are just assumptions. No one wants Gaza; not Egypt, not Israel.
    Sure, when the question is asked in a different there is a different percentage but not one that is negligible. The support for resettlement of Gaza continues to be quite popular, enjoying a substantial percentage of support in the polls even when actual security options are provided. Your equalling resettlement with security is just mental gymnastics that has little intelligent thought in it. Settlements in Gaza was not the factor in lack of rockets. Back then suicide bombings were the preferred modus operandi. Any lack of major rocket barrages could only be attributed to army presence that came with the settlements.
    Indeed, army presence. Hence when offered the option of army presence instead of settlements, many of those who answered in favour of settlements switch to army presence. That's indeed my point. Without "army presence" as an option, settlements is the option that assumes a neccesary army presence for it to happen.
    What you're arguing there has no basis in reality.
    Oh, the irony.
    Without the Hamas threats settlements get the focus. If they ever get back in focus today its due to Israeli response in Gaza crossing limits. This is no rocket science or conspiracy theory. It's basic common sense.
    Help me make sense of your logic here. You claim Israel let Hamas attack it so it can fight a war in Gaza, which you claim gets less condemnation than construction in the settlements (which takes place year round and recieves extremely minimal condemnation), to hide construction in settlements. You claim Israel is doing something that gets less attention to hide something that gets more attention. Hello??
    It's not basic sense, it's the absence of it.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 11, 2023 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Nothing added.

You've conceded that military action is necessary, yet you don't want civilians to be evacuated from warzones.
    Israel evacuated its own civilians too, is that also ethnic cleansing?
    I didn't concede that military action is necessary. Please try to argue without altering what other people argue. I merely pointed out to you that nobody argued against the option of military action. Heck no one really argued against evacuations either. We argued against how its done and the obvious intentions behind it. Palestinians being evacuated from half the Gaza Strip was not the only option that could co-exist with a military action though. Destroying entire neighbourhoods and blowing up entire apartment buildings was not the only military action option Israel had. We all know better not to see the world in the kind of simplistic manner you're trying to push us into.

The events of 2005 are pretty damn significant. All your 'signs' are just assumptions. No one wants Gaza; not Egypt, not Israel.
    They're not assumptions at all. They're indications of intent. Israel wants Gaza. Just because they left it back in 2005 because it thought it was not feasible at the time has little value today. By your logic, because of the settlements Israel evacuated in West Bank back in 2005 means that Israel doesn't want West Bank as well. That would be an extremely stupid argument to make.

Indeed, army presence. Hence when offered the option of army presence instead of settlements, many of those who answered in favour of settlements switch to army presence. That's indeed my point. Without "army presence" as an option, settlements is the option that assumes a neccesary army presence for it to happen.
    Your point was that the resettlement of Gaza was a fringe idea. Even with your mental gymnastics resettlement of Gaza enjoy over 30% support. That's substantial support, not fringe. If the survey included Israeli Arabs then its likely a much higher representation within the Jewish citizens. Army presence option enjoy less than half the support resettlement of Gaza does.

Help me make sense of your logic here. You claim Israel let Hamas attack it so it can fight a war in Gaza, which you claim gets less condemnation than construction in the settlements (which takes place year round and recieves extremely minimal condemnation), to hide construction in settlements. You claim Israel is doing something that gets less attention to hide something that gets more attention. Hello??
    It's not basic sense, it's the absence of it.
    I can't help you much in understanding basic common sense when you keep on misrepresenting what's been pointed out to you. It's not Israel's fight in Gaza that creates condemnation. It's the way it does it. If the Israeli army didn't go full brutal on Gaza there would be little to no condemnation. Even in the current situation Israel enjoy widespread support; politically, economically and militarily. It's no quantum mechanics to understand that Hamas attacks on Israel allows Israel to be more relaxed in its settlements efforts and oppression of Palestinians. If there was peace in Gaza all eyes would be on West Bank.
    The Armenian Issue

With the failure of the caliph-sultan Erdogan to come in the night to end the oppression perpetrated by l'yahudi on the muminun (only two Turks went and were martyred before even entering the land) Hamas, which would re-establish the khilafah, appeals to the brave mujahideen of Pakistan for aid:

Hamas Appeals Pakistan To Help In Gaza War With Israel; 'Land Of Mujahideen...

A Hamas Leader, Ismail Haniyeh, has sought help from Pakistan and called it a "brave" nation. Haniyeh said if Pakistan fought against Israel, it could halt the attacks on Gaza. He claimed that Palestinians have high expectations from Pakistan and are confident of its strength
    https://www.hindustantimes.com/video...000480045.html

“People of Palestine have high expectations from Pakistan”: Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh urges ‘brave’ Pakistan to help Gaza against Israel

Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh has said that Pakistan is a brave nation and that it should help the people of Gaza by intervening in the ongoing war between Israel and Hamas. He made these remarks on Wednesday (6th December) while speaking in the national dialogue on ‘The Sanctity of Al-Aqsa Mosque and Responsibility of the Muslim Ummah’ held in Islamabad, Pakistan.
    In this program organised by Majlis Ittehad-e-Umma Pakistan, Ismail Haniyeh urged Pakistan to intervene in Gaza. Ismail Haniyeh said that Pakistan is a great military power and if it stands up to Israel then things will change. “If faced with resistance from Pakistan, Israel can stop brutality in Gaza”, he said.
    Ismail Haniyeh said, “The people of Palestine have high expectations from Pakistan. People hope that Pakistan’s strength can stop this conflict. Hamas is currently countering Israel’s most advanced weapons but is still fighting with determination. Jews cannot see Muslims anywhere. Jews are the biggest enemies of Muslims worldwide. Israel also considers Muslims its enemy.”

He added, “Israel continues to violate international law. Israel’s actions like arresting Palestinians and desecrating religious sites were a violation of international norms. I am also disappointed at the increase in the occupation of Palestinian territories and the non-implementation of the Oslo Accords. The establishment of diplomatic relations between Islamic countries and Israel causes serious damage to the Palestinian issue.”
    He further defended the October 7 attack carried out by Hamas, characterising it as an act of self-defence and emphasising that it thwarted Israel’s alleged plan for occupation. Ismail Haniyeh is on the hit list of Israel.

On 7th October, Hamas terrorists launched an all-out attack on Israel from the sea, land, and air. At least 5,000 rockets were launched into Israel from Gaza and tunnels were used to breach the Israeli territory and butcher Israeli civilians, particularly in the border villages of Israel. A music festival hosting more than 200 people was turned into a slaughter ground with many women raped, mutilated and abducted to Gaza. Israel started an all-out war against Hamas since this attack.
    https://www.opindia.com/2023/12/hama...gainst-israel/

2:98 Anyone who is the enemy of Allah and of His angels, and of His Messengers and of Jibril and Mika’il,
    should know that Allah is the enemy of the kafirun.’

Citizen

Once again: - Robert Wood, the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, stated before vetoing the resolution proposed under Article 99 of the United Nations Charter, which had the support of the vast majority of the Security Council (13 in favor, the UK abstained): "Not after the worst attack on our people in several decades," referring to Israel. A slip of the tongue, which, according to Freud's psychoanalytic theory, conceals an unconscious desire.
    In fact, no protest or appeal to international law or universal ethics seems able to stop the unnamed cruelty being committed in Gaza against defenseless civilians.
    The death toll of children, women, journalists, and UN personnel surpasses anything we have known since the end of the WW2. It is shocking to see the descendants of millennia-old persecutions transformed into ruthless executioners. A war fought in a ghetto, not Warsaw's this time, where the trapped are now Islamic.
    The U.S. does not halt this massacre because they need a bridgehead at any cost in a region strategic to American interests. Biden, quick to label Putin and Xi as "killers", becomes an accomplice to Netanyahu's ignominy. In this bleak scenario, Secretary-General António Guterres' initiative to invoke Article 99 was an act of moral greatness and political courage.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    "Not after the worst attack on our people in several decades," referring to Israel. A slip of the tongue, which, according to Freud's psychoanalytic theory, conceals an unconscious desire.
    Or maybe he was talking about the American hostages? You know, Jews with US citizenship?

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    Or maybe he was talking about the American hostages? You know, Jews with US citizenship?
    17 USA citizens was reported to be kept hostage by Hamas. Hardly the worst in several decades.
    The Armenian Issue

Hamas on Sunday threatened to kill all of its remaining hostages if demands such as more aid for Gaza and prisoner exchanges were not met, after suffering repeated losses in its battle with Israel.

The Palestinian terror group is still holding the bodies of 20 hostages who died in captivity, Israel said over the weekend.
    Abu Obeida, a spokesman for Hamas’ armed wing, claimed on Sunday that not another single kidnap victim will leave Gaza alive unless Israel agrees to all its demands in negotiations that broke down at the start of December. At least some of those demands have been for more aid for Gaza residents and the freeing of Palestinian prisoners.
    “Neither the fascist enemy and its arrogant leadership... nor its supporters... can take their prisoners alive without an exchange and negotiation and meeting the demands of the resistance,” Obeida said in a televised broadcast.
    https://www.news.com.au/world/middle...2f63f5db5b38eb

5:33 The reprisal against those who wage war on Allah and His Messenger, and go about the earth corrupting
    it, is that they should be killed or crucified, or have their alternate hands and feet cut off, or be banished from
    the land. That will be their degradation in this world and in the Next World they will have a terrible punishment,
    Last edited by Infidel144; December 11, 2023 at 05:26 AM.

Is this done with the knowledge of the great caliph-sultan...
    Will the Turks and Iranians co-operate to decolonize l'yahudi, wherever they are found...
    Or are the rafidi acting on their own...

Israel helped Cyprus foil an Iranian-ordered attack against Israelis and Jews on the island, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said on Sunday, as Cypriot authorities remained tight-lipped citing national security issues.

Cypriot police sources confirmed two Iranian nationals had been remanded in custody after their earlier arrest. Citing national security issues both police and the government remained tight-lipped over further details, though reports suggested the two suspects were arrested in November.

They are believed to have come to the Republic from the north.

“Thanks to the counter-terrorist action and the arrest of the cell by the Cypriot security services, considerable information was obtained, which led to the discovery of the attackers, their modus operandi, the targets of the attack and the Iranian plan to kill innocents in Cyprus and elsewhere,” Israel’s intelligence agency Mossad said.

According to Kathimerini newspaper which broke the story, the suspects were in the early stages of gathering intelligence on potential Israeli targets.
    The arrest was eventually confirmed by Israel’s intelligence agency Mossad, in a statement by the Israeli PM’s office.

It highlighted Israel was “troubled” by what it saw as Iranian use of Turkish-controlled northern Cyprus “both for terrorism objectives and as an operational and transit area”.

A government source told the Cyprus News Agency that the matter concerned “sensitive national security matters” and as such, it would not be appropriate to provide further comment.
    https://cyprus-mail.com/2023/12/10/i...lis-in-cyprus/

3:112 They will be plunged into abasement wherever they are found, unless they have a treaty with Allah and with the people.
    They have brought down anger from Allah upon themselves, and they have been plunged into destitution.
    That was because they rejected Allah’s Signs and killed the Prophets without any right to do so.
    That was because they disobeyed and went beyond the limits.

Citizen

Israel used US supplied white phosphorus in Lebanon. According to John Kirby, the "White House is concerned" but- he says, Israel's use of white phosphorus is perfectly acceptable: it is delivered with…

John Kirby,
    It’s important to remind that white phosphorus does have a legitimate military utility in terms of illumination and reducing smoke to conceal movements.
    And obviously any time that we provide items like white phosphorus to another military, it is with full expectation that it’ll be used for legitimate purposes.
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

In the meantime while Israel commits every war crime imaginable both in Gaza and west Bank, the US media are preoccupied with the supposed antisemitism in american universities issue. Gotta love free media

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    In the meantime while Israel commits every war crime imaginable both in Gaza and west Bank, the US media are preoccupied with the supposed antisemitism in american universities issue. Gotta love free media
    Leftwing hatred of Jews has been a longstanding issue ever since the powers that be decided Jews are white. This is further exacerbated by large Arab immigrant populations in cities that have been behind most of the riots. Western countries are learning too late that they’ve imported foreign conflicts due to their own masochistic policies.

70% of Jewish university students in the US report experiencing or witnessing antisemitism this academic year, but that’s only up about 10% from 2021. So it’s no surprise to anyone seeing throngs of college students screaming Arab nationalist slogans and erecting memorials to the slain Arab “martyrs” heroically resisting the Jewish “occupation,” or university leaders refusing to condemn genocidal rhetoric commonplace on their campuses, even in a congressional hearing. Academia is a bubble, and it just seems normal to these people.

I don’t blame academics for being blindsided by recent outrage over rhetoric and beliefs that they’ve espoused for years. I blame the donors and broader public who are happy to lavish money and prestige on places that teach kids to hate America, Christians, white people, and Jews, until a conflict dominating the news cycle forces people to pay attention.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; December 12, 2023 at 10:12 AM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    Leftwing hatred of Jews has been a longstanding issue ever since the powers that be decided Jews are white. This is further exacerbated by large Arab immigrant populations in cities that have been behind most of the riots. Western countries are learning too late that they’ve imported foreign conflicts due to their own masochistic policies.

70% of Jewish university students in the US report experiencing or witnessing antisemitism this academic year, but that’s only up about 10% from 2021. So it’s no surprise to anyone seeing throngs of college students screaming Arab nationalist slogans and erecting memorials to the slain Arab “martyrs” heroically resisting the Jewish “occupation,” or university leaders refusing to condemn genocidal rhetoric commonplace on their campuses, even in a congressional hearing. Academia is a bubble, and it just seems normal to these people.

I don’t blame academics for being blindsided by recent outrage over rhetoric and beliefs that they’ve espoused for years. I blame the donors and broader public who are happy to lavish money and prestige on places that teach kids to hate America, Christians, white people, and Jews, until a conflict dominating the news cycle forces people to pay attention.
    18.000 Palestinians killed since october, 70% of them women and children. 133 UN agency staffers killed in Israeli bombardments.