Thread: Where to recruit the Goildic "veiled" infantry and the Pictone Neitos?

Mulattothrasher's Avatar Vicarius

Default Where to recruit the Goildic "veiled" infantry and the Pictone Neitos?

I was playing a campaign as the Casse. I *assumed* that the Pictone Neitos (Pictone "Painted" Swordsmen) were the Picts. In Attuaca (Scotland), I achieved the highest troop building type but no Pictone Neitos.
    The other troops I could not build were not on the Casse Goildic roster at the EB site. They are only in the custom battle Casse roster. This unit is the Uachtarach DuboGaiscaocha. These are the unit that look basically identical to the Lusotanna's Dosidataskeli (Vasci Armored Shock Infantry)
    Does Lusotanna have to conquer Ireland to get these units?
    Any thoughts?

EDIT: Oh, I am in the Time Of Soilders era

shylence's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Where to recruit the Goildic "veiled" infantry and the Pictone Neitos?

Yes since anything Godilic means Irish so they can only be recruited in Ireland

For the pict swordsman i suppose you have to wait for eithe r the first or second Celtic reform someone else can tell you better then me
    "Businessman they drink my wine Plowmen dig my earth
    None will level on the line Nobody of it is worth"

"In My memory i will always see the town that I have loved so well"

Default Re: Where to recruit the Goildic "veiled" infantry and the Pictone Neitos?

Are the Pictones the Picts? I thought they were a Gallic unit, but I can't remember where they are recruited.

And IIRC only Lusotana can recruit Uachtarach DuboGaiscaocha in the campaign, that might have changed though.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Icon3 Re: Where to recruit the Goildic "veiled" infantry and the Pictone Neitos?

The Uachtarach DuboGaiscaocha recruitment is messed up for the Casse: they need a level 5 factional MIC, which you cannot build because neither of Ireland's provinces is a homeland province. If the Lusotanians can recruit them, I assume they are in the regional MIC (as Ireland is not a homeland province for Lusotannan either).

The Pictone Neitos are available in Lemonum only. You can find maps for Celtic recruitment here.

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
    Are the Pictones the Picts? I thought they were a Gallic unit, but I can't remember where they are recruited.
    Correct. The Pictones ("Painted Men" in Gallic) are not the Picts that troubled the Roman empire on a later period and lived in the Scottish Highlands. On our time period, the Pictones were a Gallic tribe with less evolved traditions than the Arverni and Aedui.

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
    And IIRC only Lusotana can recruit Uachtarach DuboGaiscaocha in the campaign, that might have changed though.
    IIRC, only Casse, Arverni, Aedui and Lusotanna can recruit them regionally but they are available in Ireland as mercs for other factions too.