Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.0 Bug List

Default Re: 4.0 Bug List & Hotfix#1

Great work on the mod, enjoy playing as Kievan-Rus. The Berdiche Militia have the description of the Zweihanders, dont know if this is something you missed or if its intentional, not realy important just thought I'd tell.

First off i have been playing since version 2 of your mod and love every minute of it! Thanks for a great mod!

Now having downloaded and installed 4.0 (removed 3.2 first) i have the following problem.

Playing as aragon. Javelinmen do not attack they just run around aimlessly! Tried taking them in and out of fire at will and clicking on the enemy multiple times didnt make any difference. Anyone else having this problem?

small mistake aragorn and kiev diplometics prices ect use the english voices i hearded wenn i attack whit aragorn for england :S

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by firekiller View Post
    small mistake aragorn and kiev diplometics prices ect use the english voices i hearded wenn i attack whit aragorn for england :S
    That is fixed here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=110476

There is no road from Bucharest to its port, or from Bucharest to Sofia.

Also, on the diplomacy screen, the small coat of arms used to show your relationship to Kievan Rus needs some cleaning up.
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; July 17, 2007 at 04:59 AM.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

game just froze up when using the building browser playing as milan

PlanetEx's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    ...that I don't like much those "dynamic" traits, because it is somewhat very hard now to keep track of your general's life. I didn't try that yet, but I believe it's gonna be pretty hard to build up a general with some worth now. I don't even think about poor AI, who must get only bad traits due to somewhat wierd and slow behaviour. Do the AI even react to the traits regarding army supplies?
    As far as i understood it, this dynamic traits are only for the human player, cause the AI can't handle it.
    I think it is a nice thing to make the game harder and bring as little bit more mirco management into the game. As a Hearts of Iron II player i really love this. It raises the difficulty of the game. And as someone said, it would be great to discuss ways of defeating the Ai rather than always discuss about in how many turns it is over. But i also can understand the people who don't want this.
    Math, math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology - Peter Griffin (Family guy)

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Kong

Can you get rid of Cardiff? And place the extra settlement to the middle left corner of Ireland?

England feels cluttered.

KK, not bugs just clarifications

building castle_academic; should this not have an agent limit on spies to stay consistant.

Knight Orders;Should this not be 0.34, 0.34 to be consitant with other knightly orders

montesa_hq requires factions { aragon, }
    {
    convert_to 2
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Knights of Montesa" 1 0.25 3 1 requires factions { aragon, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted KM" 1 0.34 3 1 requires factions { aragon, }

Edit: No entry for Brigandine Swordsmen in the \text\export_units.txt
    Last edited by Quark; July 17, 2007 at 05:30 PM.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

MonTeZuma's Avatar Semisalis

In the unit description for mounted knights of Montesa the picture displayed is of the peasants. Which I hope the knights aren't.
    Drink Whiskey and you'll feel better.

Hi silence,
    i just fought my first battle as Aragon. I attacked the Pamplona castle. I noticed that the general unit had no "visible" knights on it (see pic). Don't know if this is a bug that comes with SS4.0
    That's weird... Well, fortunately this is the only rebel general, so I think it can't happen anymore...

Hi Arksa,
    AI Spanish full stack is standing still on rebel territory and doing nothing. Hanging out there for over 10 turns now. They aren't conquering any provinces (2 rebel provinces near them). How I can get them to play again? Please help I already tried moving my troops near theirs but still nothing. I want a challenge not a spanish rival that does not do a thing.
    No agent skins for any new factions I think.
    Well, occasionally I have also encountered such stacks who were doing nothing for a long time. I assume that it may be caused by Ultimate AI, since the factions are a bit more restrained with going to war...
    I'll try to improve this with a patch...

Hi Kalos,
    I've noticed that none of the new Kievan units, even the elite ones, have anything like "Good morale" or "Excellent Morale" or "hardy" or anything like that. They're missing it all!
    Well, as I said in the preview thread, Kiev lacks "professional" armies, so they aren't trained very well...
    However, I may be making the morale for some units better with the next update...

Hi Ikusa IX,
    It seems that if you leave an army in the same place for too long they are unable to mave again,I hade a full stack army camped out for about 10 turns awaiting more units before tackling a tough turncoat army,but lo and behold when i decided to move them into action,I was unable to mave them,the unit acting as if it has already moved(the head down,I am done moving image)so I went to the next turn,and the same thing...very bad indeed...also i notice that the mounted Knights Templar banner is blank
    the thing that generals can't move anymore is caused by the Reality traits and since your generals was out os supplies. However, I'll fix it that you don't have anymore movement points.
    And the Templar banner will also be fixed very soon...

Hi Pannon,
    Not a technical bug, but the Hungarians use the English sound files ("for England!", etc.)
    Look into the FAQs thread... There should be the solution for this problem.
    There is not direct road between Budapest and Belgrade, what is not logical, because Belgrade played very imortant role in the history of Hungary as a Hungarian border castle
    Thanks for the note! I'll try to fix this...

Hi Mongol,
    King Kong, the Mercenary Saracens have no weapons, and their shield is strapped to their back.
    Strange! I thought I would have fixed them this time...
    Well, I will look into this...

Hi jankren,
    My game just froze right after I won a battle
    I assume this may be caused through this annoying icon bug, but I have found a fix for it and will post it soon...

Hi Blingerman,
    Crusader knights of the faction Knights have no banner
    hmm.. I never encountered this, but I'll look into it...

Hi Chola,
    secondary weapons need to be checked. for the example Kazaks(rebel) because they are not using their secondary weapon and simply siting dugs.
    Strange, since I havn't changed the rebel units in any way, but I'll look into it...

Hi Edi Birsan,
    What is needed to fix this is not the stopping of the troops in your own province. When you are in your own province then there should be losses as a percentage of troops in the field, but not a great speed reduction.
    I will town down the supply system slightly with the next update.

Hi OTZ,
    the hotfix seems to be giving me an "unspecified error" when launching the game. 4.0 seems to work fine though...weird - any ideas?
    Indeed, very weird... Maybe you have deleted the old file and put the new file in a wrong directory?
    There is a silk resource that is not accessible to the east of BAghdad - lookslike it's too close to the river.
    Thanks for the note! I'll try to fix this...

Hi Uryens,
    Playing as Aragon and saw that the Padded Leather upgrade for the Town Militia has no texture...getting the Terminator 2 look for them.
    hmm... I havn't seen this, but if it's the case it will be fixed...

Hi izanagi11,
    Found an error from the system.log file in export_descr_character_traits.txt on line 13704
    Thanks for your very good notes! Will be fixed.

Hi Ceasar Clivius,
    Not so much a bug, but the Kievan Heavy Horse Archers are named "Heavy Horsearchers".
    Actually I wanted to name them heavy horsearchers...
    I just had a CTD while playing as the Byzantines. I had just ordered my general to leave Arta and it crashed.
    I assume it must be caused by this icon bug... Finally I found a fix for it and this should solve several problems...
    Also, on the diplomacy screen, the small coat of arms used to show your relationship to Kievan Rus needs some cleaning up.
    Also caused by the icon bug where I will upload a fix soon...

Dusty4prez & tonedog,
    I was about to start a siege battle against Pamplona as Aragon when my unit cards of cav turned to pictures of stone walls then I got a CTD.
    Also caused by the symbols bug, which I mentioned in the Bug List thread...
    I'll upload a fix for this soon...

Hi Resurrection,
    William the Conquerror starts with 1 (ONE) star because of some silly trait named "overconfident" which decrease his command by 3.
    I'll town down thi overconfident trait in the next update.
    This will also affect you second point with the scurvy.
    I don't even think about poor AI, who must get only bad traits due to somewhat wierd and slow behaviour
    The Ai isn't affected by these traits...
    This mod is awesome apart from some issues which will be for sure dealt with in future updates. Anyways the bug thread is made for this kind of tihing, right :-)
    Sure, and I also appreciate well defined bugs and problems, since this is the only way I can fix it.
    Cheers!

Hi Wodan,
    Thanks for the note regarding the description!

Hi Cpt. Supermarket,
    First of all, welcome to the forums!
    Playing as aragon. Javelinmen do not attack they just run around aimlessly! Tried taking them in and out of fire at will and clicking on the enemy multiple times didnt make any difference. Anyone else having this problem?
    I have just tested the javelinmen and I had no problem when letting them skirmishing...

Hi Woad Warrior,
    Can you get rid of Cardiff?
    the problem is that when I would remove this settlement, the agme would be no longer save-game compatible...

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

KK,
    I hate to double-post, but you got everyone else's bugs and missed my question:

Is Councillor Gottfried of the Templar Knights supposed to start with ZERO loyalty?

Awesome mod. Even with the icon based CTDs, I'm really enjoying it!!!

Just tried to run a 3.2 custom battle test on mailed knights vs armoured swordsmen with RC values (in 4.0 mailed knights just sat still and still massacared swordsmen who charged them) and game gave CTD. I am right in thinking they are sepereate, yes, so you are meant to able to play the 'original' 3.2 version.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

Well it really has a blank banner as it was said by Ikusa IX too, same bug. It is said that the mounted knights templar banner is blank, sorry if I explained myself bad.

Bacon!'s Avatar Decanus

not sure if this is a bug but im playing as england and all of the children that i get are female, i havnt had one male child yet out of about 8 children

King Kong, I absolutely love you! You are an icon to the comunity!
    ...Opportunities multiply as they are seized....

Quote Originally Posted by Sil3nc3 View Post
    Hi KK,

i just fought my first battle as Aragon. I attacked the Pamplona castle. I noticed that the general unit had no "visible" knights on it (see pic). Don't know if this is a bug that comes with SS4.0

Greetz,

Sil3nc3

PS: great mod so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Uryens View Post
    EDIT: Also found that when I attacked Pamplona the Rebel General's Bodyguards skins where missing. Im not sure if this affects all Rebels or just ones in that region.
    Had this same problem in Pamplona. Rebel General's Bodyguard are all riderless horses, except for the general who does actually show up. I guess he's really brave and needs a lot of spare mounts!

EDIT: Ah, just noticed KK's huge reply!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    That's weird... Well, fortunately this is the only rebel general, so I think it can't happen anymore...
    I'm not sure what you mean? There are other Rebel Generals at the start of the game (El Cid for example), and certainly others that show up later.
    Last edited by Dr. Zoidberg; July 17, 2007 at 11:35 AM.

Is this a bug? Or just mine king became a very lazy fat man!
    It wont move on the map.
    Its started to become slower slower and slower until its stoped.

Here you can see it:
    http://kepfeltoltes.hu/070717/untitl...toltes.hu_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Picigabor View Post
    Is this a bug? Or just mine king became a very lazy fat man!
    It wont move on the map.
    Its started to become slower slower and slower until its stoped.

Here you can see it:
    http://kepfeltoltes.hu/070717/untitl...toltes.hu_.jpg
    Okay i started to read back and findet that this is is just a bug I hope the fix come soon

2 things about the General in Rebel Pamplona. I was playing as Aragon.
    The General at Pamplona was nameless and his bodyguard was...Unique:

"Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue...but if you can you should only do things you love" - Bruce Dickinson
    -Member of S.I.N.

The character in Pamplona lacks a sub faction in the descr_strat file. To fix it change the line:-

Code:
    character	Joao, named character, male, age 26, x 76, y 126
    to:-

Code:
    character	sub_faction spain, Joao, named character, male, age 26, x 76, y 126
    in the Stainless_Steel_Mod\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign folder.

Byg's Grim Reality Forums
    En mancansa del caval trotta anca el musso