Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 77 BC 2 - Bugs and CTDs

Default Re: 77 BC 2 - Bugs and CTDs

Mauretania was fine for me, but Numidia is a flood of CTDs.

I can confirm the "phantom Roman armies" bug. In my AAR I sent Lucullus to lead an army that had appeared by script and al of a sudden it disappeared. I also can confirm a phantom cities bug in Iberia. I conquered Segovia but all of a sudden it dissappeared and couldn't select it.

However I did find the solution. What you do is train a crappy levy unit and send it nearby the phantom object. Once thephantom comes in view, you can select it now, but if it gets out of sight of your levy unit it will turn phantom again.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

this "phanton army bug" is becoming a pain in the arss of the FRRE team......

v.1="Caesar problem"
    v.2= "Phantom army bug"
    next projects= ???????

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

I'm not particularly keen on the scripted armies appearing in the first place, they seem a bit 'gamey' and I'm not sure they're really needed. If you're playing Rome, you don't need the reinforcements anyway, and if you're playing Pontus or Armenia, you don't need the additional headaches

It is good to know, as I added the reinforcements due to "popular demand" .

Nevertheless, now the reinforcements are going to appear as units created in the settlement. Hopefully, this will avoid further "phantom armies". Concerning the settlements, maybe they are a result of the spawning armies? If so, I will have to re-do all the scripted recruitment in the mod...

I played some more of the Pontus campaign and discovered that a Roman legion appears every single time you capture a Roman city. I can see it happening one in awhile, but every time? It's beyond tedious, I had to quit the campaign. Please, not so much. A bit of scripted reinforcements here and there is fine, but a constant stream like that just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    I played some more of the Pontus campaign and discovered that a Roman legion appears every single time you capture a Roman city. I can see it happening one in awhile, but every time? It's beyond tedious, I had to quit the campaign. Please, not so much. A bit of scripted reinforcements here and there is fine, but a constant stream like that just sucks.
    I think that Mithradates would have agreed with you: Romans suck . Jokes apart, if your opinion is shared by more people, I would not mind reducing the number of "provincial defence" armies that spawn for the Roman faction. In fact, it is easier to reduce them than to increase them.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    I think that Mithradates would have agreed with you: Romans suck . Jokes apart, if your opinion is shared by more people, I would not mind reducing the number of "provincial defence" armies that spawn for the Roman faction. In fact, it is easier to reduce them than to increase them.
    i vote for reducing Roman spawning armies too.
    even though i passed that stage in my current Pontic campaign i found it way too overwhelming (two stacks for each conquered settlement!) and guess i wouldnt go that far if not for my passion for Pontus and Mithridates.
    another thing i'd like to see is reduced number of provinces in Asia minor. so just to avoid siege-fest. 77BC, i believe got less provinces than RTR but still a little reduction (perhaps a town or two here and there) imo wouldnt hurt.

I'm going to have to agree with Cherry, Rome's units are already more powerful then Pontus's, why hurt Pontus even more? After all, Mithridates did take most of Asia Minor at one point. I'm thinking that only Cappadocia and Bythinia should get the automatic reinforcements, since they weren't Roman provinces (just yet) but allied kingdoms.

Well, if three among the most illustrious players of our mod agree that there are too many Roman armies...so be it!!! I will reduce the number of armies spawning in the region.

(and look for another way to increase the difficulty )

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

I can agree with reducing the quantiy but not the quality of the roman soldiers.
    (although increasing the spawning army when you approach Italy can be the solution you are looking for)

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

and look for another way to increase the difficulty
    Hey now, I think the difficulty is already pretty high, at least for Pontus. I was playing M/M and it was a nail-biter, until I gave up. And I'm a pretty good player. Those Roman cohorts are a HUGE pain in the butt to fight with Pontic troops -- which is good! They should be! But I like my challenge to be due to the organic set-up of the campaign, not blatant 'cheating' like spawning armies.

The difficultly on the Roman campaign is much less, obviously, because you have such a large empire. Perhaps that could be beefed up a bit. I also tried Sertorius -- that's pretty tough, especially at first. Once you secure Iberia it gets easier. The Breucii (spelling?) are tough to play -- Rome just starts hammering you, and your troops are fairly weak.

The economic balance in this mod, btw, is neck-and-neck with Rise of Persia for the best I've ever seen. Especially when you're playing a small faction like Pontus, you have to watch every city closely, manage your taxes, focus on growing your infrastructure and never buy more troops than you need, or the economy can drop from under you and suddenly you're broke. A blast to play.

Well, if three among the most illustrious players of our mod agree that there are too many Roman armies...so be it!!! I will reduce the number of armies spawning in the region.

(and look for another way to increase the difficulty )
    Illustrious... is that all you can come up with?! Once again I am going to have to agree with Cherryfunk, Pontus is tought enough already, and I can't imagine how tought they were before you made the script preventing Armenia from attacking it during the Mithridatic Wars. Though you can easily beat the Romans if you use your Cappadocian cavalry superiority wisely... Perhaps just reducing the quantity by... a lot would work. The quality seems accurate.

On another topic: is there a way to improve the radar map? The RTR radar map is awful -- blurry and hard to read vs. other mods. Can that be fixed?

Hello Salvor and others members of FRRE. In first place I want to say you thank you for this great mod. It is fantastic, one of the best mods.

I have one question. In my campaign with the romans I got Metelo and Luculo both consulars armys. They get the ancillaries "Roman Consular Army I or II" but they don't get the trait of "Consul" and don't get thir +3 in command. Also when they are retired into a city don't get the trait "Former Consul".

I don't know if this is a bug but here you have this information. Thanks again and sorry for my english.

Por cierto Salvor, eres de España?

Bye.

Hi

Just had this ctd. Playing as rome against dacia. Clicked to start a battle then got this error.

Also I get random ctd's particularly when taking settlements, but no error reports.

Its a great mod but I must ask, when i got to 58bc I think, I got a message telling me Ceasar had been given a 5 years imperium etc. and that if I wished to play as Ceasar that I had to download the Ceasar mod?
    I've had a look on the forum but couldn't find it so I have continued to play on as the romans.

So apart from the automerge feature(which I deleted, not to my taste) this is the most enjoyable mod I've played so far.

St. Francis, the aor dacian peltast unit has an error in the code so it produces this kind of CTDs. Try to avoid fighting battles against armies with this unit. It is a known issue but I forgot to add it to the known bugs list . It is already fixed in the WIP patch.

The Caesar mod is WIP too. Right now I am too busy with real life but I hope to give it a great push in August. In fact, the first part of the campaign is already being tested with good results. Perhaps a bit too difficult, I must admit .

Concerning the "settlement taking" CTD, although it is a known issue for some other mods too, particularly our "source mod" RTR Platinum, I think that it is more frequent in 77 BC, perhaps for the reason of settlement ownership not matching in the descr_strat and descr_regions file. I will try to fix it too.

Thanks for the feedback...and the praise

Antigono, I must confess that the traits are my weak modding point . The Roman trait system was added by Anallein and I am afraid that I will have to do a lot of research on the matter in order to fix it.

Y sí, soy español, de Barcelona concretamente. ¿Tú también eres de España? Por cierto, tu inglés me parece bueno...aunque como yo tampoco soy Shakespeare, igual es porque el mío tampoco es ninguna maravilla

Hello again Salvor. With your mod you "has conseguido" that I writte in this forum. I never do it because the english.

I have seen another minor error in the script. When the Aemenian War and the Pirates War the dates are wrong. I don't remember exactly but for example it says "conquer...... citys before 68" and you are in 62.

I have one question. What happens if you don't do what the script says? For the next scipts keep all well or you must do it for appearing the next scripts? I don't know if i explined it well.

Bye.

Hey, mate. You explained yourself well enough . There are different penalties for not accomplishing the missions. For instance, in the first one Pompey and Lucullus should die and several Sertoriani armies should appear if you fail. But the remaining missions will still appear wther you succeed or not.

Thanks for the bug report, I am so bad with dates

Hey, mate. You explained yourself well enough . There are different penalties for not accomplishing the missions. For instance, in the first one Pompey and Lucullus should die and several Sertoriani armies should appear if you fail. But the remaining missions will still appear wther you succeed or not.

Thanks for the bug report, I am so bad with dates
    Hi again. Thank you for the explication.

Te hablo en español para explicarme mejor. El fallo de fechas era que estando en un año determinado el script te da una fecha limite para la mision de un año que ya ha pasado. Te lo explico porque al tu decir que eres malo con las fechas podias pensar que me referia a la fecha historica de esas guerras; eso supongo que esta bien en el script.

Saludos.

I. I have an annoying CTD when I click the button for the next turn from year 58 winter to 57 spring when playing the romans. Immediatly that I hit next turn the game crashes. It is strange because I played once as romans till 56 BC and never, never had a CTD. I have show_err command but it doesn't help. I tried everything: 1. I don't do anything from 58 spring till 58 winter.
    2. I don't attack the helveti
    3. I attacke the helveti
    4. I cast them away from my provinces

I cannot play over 58 and it is frustrating...

I didn't mod the game.

another hint for you: I have the same leader and heir from the very start, Lucullus and pompey.

II. While playing romans, at one moment, when Alexandria was conquered by Nabateea during AI turn the advisor poped up and quickly disapaired. After that the area around Alexandria became more visible. Is there any mission that I should know about.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast