-ALTERNATIVE STRAT MAP
    (by GRANTO).

Existed R
    ome Medieval Mini- Mods:
    (under development)

-Valley of Mexico
    -Renaissance

Post here your modifications to RM3. Before posting:

- Explain what's exactly the aim of your contribution (i.e. what will be changed of the official release).

- Make sure that your contribution will not cause the game to CTD and that you're uploading all the necessary files.
    - Make constructive criticism.
    - Make sure that your contributions apply to the last version of the game, at the moment you post them here.

That's all for now. Have fun
    Last edited by Lord Of The Knights; April 09, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Default Re: RM community modding

So this is the link. Well, I'll just put my files here in the near future. Hehehe!!
    "SANGVINVS POPVLVS AECA -- ILLE PRIVS CONFISVS"

Here, I have modded the faction names and character descriptions like faction leader to a specific government position like King, Emperor, Sultan and the like at the file below. Also, I modded some files below. I can't remember what I've done to them, but I assure no CTD from it. Hope you enjoy it.
    Last edited by Gaius of the Eagles; May 17, 2010 at 08:04 PM.

Just to summarize:
    - Factions names: expanded_bi.txt
    - Cities names:imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt
    - Unit names/descriptions: export_units.txt
    - Royalty/Government positions: shared.txt (I think...)

export_VnVs.txt is related with traits and ancillaries, and event_strings.txt, well... with events =)

Please, confirm that what I've just said is all true.
    Last edited by Mataputas; May 18, 2010 at 07:29 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar mistakes corrected

Yeah right! But I still have to edit them again, as usual no CTDs. BTW, what country are you situated at now? Just curious. I'm from Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius of the Eagles View Post
    Yeah right! But I still have to edit them again, as usual no CTDs. BTW, what country are you situated at now? Just curious. I'm from Philippines.
    I'm from Argentina, it's in my signature

Oh sorry, never saw that.

homsar_:)'s Avatar Libertus

where are you from gaius? i'm australian, and my ancestors are from scotland and ireland. that's why they're my favorite faction in RM3.
    AaAaAaAaAaAaA! I'm the captain of the gravy train!

Quote Originally Posted by homsar_:) View Post
    where are you from gaius? i'm australian, and my ancestors are from scotland and ireland. that's why they're my favorite faction in RM3.
    I'm from Philippines! Proud to be! And I think I'm the only one Filipino here, sad. Is there someone you know?

No, sorry

currently working on building descriptions. i'm up to the templar/santiago/teutonic/hospitaller houses, so i should be done soon

Nice! Any contribution will be welcome
    I'm working on sounds and voices again, let's hope I can finish with that stuff soon (not the most interesting part of modding )

they're done. after literally ages of typing, copying, pasting, re-arranging, editing, and other mishaps, the building descriptions are finished.

i've tested them, no CTDs what-so-ever! make a back-up copy first though, for luck...
    unzip the file, place the .txt file in RomeMedievalMOD/Data/text, and replace all

and lol, i just realised! mataputas, gaius, and i are the only people to have posted a reply on this thread...
    Last edited by homsar_:); June 19, 2010 at 06:39 AM.

Thanks, homsar! I'll take a look at them right now... perhaps they can be good material for 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by homsar_:) View Post
    and lol, i just realised! mataputas, gaius, and i are the only people to have posted a reply on this thread...
    What matters is quality, not quantity

EDITED:

Good work, man! I've just seen it, and I liked it... I'll give it a try later.
    Last edited by Mataputas; June 19, 2010 at 04:42 PM.

Farmo The Pagan's Avatar Libertus

I am working on a little mod for myself to replace the Teutonic order with Limburg, (i'm from limburg so you get the idea )
    but now that the coding bit is done, and want to start the re skinning I've hit a problem.
    for example I wanted to reskin the Genoese crossbowmen, and I made a new entry in the EDU for them renaming the unit so they could have a new description and such, that worked. and also changing the entry for the model in the DMB to use an other texture for my faction gave no errors.
    but when I actually changed the texture and put it in the texture folder and start a game the unit appears with the old original texture.
    and i've checked if it did not save my texture right but it's fine it changed but the game just doesn't read it ?

does someone from the RME team know what could be the cause of this ?, are there skins hard-coded in a mod ?!

EDIT: KABLAM !!!! it hit me like an atomic bomb, the Genoese crossbow man has the trait mercenary unit that's why it would not change. finally i got !! i got it!!
    Last edited by Farmo The Pagan; August 21, 2010 at 11:25 PM.

I don't believe a word.

No, they are not hardcoded. Just make sure your texture is in .tga/.dds format and that you have defined correctly the faction which is the owner of that unit. Also, check that the soldier line in the EDU refers to the correct model. Good luck!

wow, you were quick to react on that one, thank anyway for that one,( i'll remember that ),
    I just was becoming desperate because i was trying so hard to make the dds file the right format because i thought that was the problem but it turned out that the entry in the EDU still had mercenary_unit, turned on en because of that the skin did not change it works now, which is great .

I don't believe a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmo The Pagan View Post
    ...it works now, which is great .
    Pics?

Pics, I'll post them as soon as I'm satisfied with the texture, I've only tried to get them to show up in game till now and it was pretty bland,
    and i dont really like copy pasting, I try to (mostly create a texture myself ,for cloth texture's that is armour is just to hard).
    so I had to experiment because when in Gimp zoomed in on the texture it looked like it had nice detail, in game it still looked to bland,
    but I think (read hope ) I'll be able to show some work this evening, we'll see how it goes.

Edit: ok here is a screen of my mod, they aren't the crossbowmen (obviously ), but these are the sergeants

sorry for the quality but when i put the resolution up or quality weird happens like this:
    if someone knows what that is please tell me because that is the main problem why I cant play MTW2 any more
    Last edited by Farmo The Pagan; August 23, 2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: adding schreenshots

I don't believe a word.

heil! sounds good!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast