Thread: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

So anyway, I can't supply old files or check anything technical for modders etc because my old PC has all the files and it has no graphics card because it is in the new one and I'm not risking removal again unless I have to. Once these new 1080 cards reduce in price I'll get one of them and the old pc can have its old card back.

So, that aside, I now live in virtual reality (Vive) so I won't be playing "2D" games, including this one, for a while. Once I have the new card I might reinstall BGRV to try this on a giant cinema screen in the headset as that could be a worthy new experience that might lead to a revival.

I continue my search to find a deeper game, but it's an increasingly shallow gaming world out there. At least now with VR we have a new type of absorption.

So there you are.

Thanks to those who have answered and continue to answer questions on this mod's behalf.

Good Morrow
    Last edited by Byg; July 05, 2016 at 04:39 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Campidoctor

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    I now live in virtual reality
    The only sensible ending to Byg. Gods bless. (don't forget to read the manual)

Moved on to another dimension!
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Default BGR IV Manual no longer available

I have searched high and low for a manual because the traits system and the finance system is not properly explained. I only found a guide for bgr V which says i should refer to the manual for bgr IV. Any help? The one on the BGR thread isnt there.

Thanks

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Page 1, post 2, in the spoiler: there's a link to the manual in PDF format.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Civis

This is a great mod. So much challenge! Even though BGR V is late game only, its some of the hardest gameplay I've had in any total war game
    Last edited by Karthago; November 18, 2016 at 06:11 PM.

Civis

Default I have a major problem with BGR (V)

First, I tried downloading the PDF that he linked to in the second post in spoiler, but all it tells me is it can't be found. So I can't download it.

In the post, he said sometimes settlement functions are disabled. But I don't think this is my issue, but dunno cause no manual to download.

But, I migrated to Constantinople and took it from the rebels as the Teutonic Order. I made it my capital. And suddenly I couldn't train units, build anything or even manage taxes. Even though for some turns before that, building was fine. But now I can't build or do anything. I click on the building or unit, and nothing happens. Can't even get priests or spies.

In my crusader states game, the same thing happened. my north city/castle could build something the very first turn. But the second turn, suddenly I couldn't build anything there.

I have manage all cities on, but this is happening to castles and cities that I even have generals in.

So I clicked auto manage (ew) on Constantinople, and suddenly stuff was being built and managed properly. Even though my leader is in Constantinople. I turned off auto manage, and I can't even change taxes now. I can lower or raise it, but it auto resets to what the automanage was set at.

I do NOT have any other submods, except the BGR ones. I did not activate limited activities, and it shouldn't be on to begin with unless that is a BGR thing. Real recruitment is obviously on, as that is required thing to be left on. Assimilation I didn't activate, because BGR does something similar supposedly. But everything else is from BGR, I don't have or installed any other submods.

And even if limited activities was on by default for BGR, where a general needs to be there. I have my heir in a castle (and he can't do anything in it) and my king in Constantinople, yet they can't train or do anything.

Anyone know what is up? Why suddenly no matter how many times I click on a building or unit, I can't actually click it? Heck, I can't even repair anything either. The castle has damaged walls, but I can't fix them lol. Nothing I can click on in the settlements works at all. And I have a lot of money, so that isn't an issue.

Again, it isn't just my Teutonic order game. It happens to my crusader states game, but for them, it happens on turn 2, but only in the north city. Though no general lives there, so its likely BGR needs a general to reside in a city to manage it. But in my Teutonic game, that isn't the case because I do have leaders in the city (which is now my capital) and castle and I still can't manage them.
    Last edited by Karthago; November 19, 2016 at 04:03 PM.

Civis

Default Re: I have a major problem with BGR (V)

The strange thing is, it works for a bunch of turns as Teutonic Order. Suddenly, its like auto manage heavily bugs out with BGR V. Again, not a single other submod, just BGR. If I click auto manage on Constantinople, do a next turn. Load the autosave, and suddenly automanage is back on. Even though it wasn't on when the game autosaved. And I turned it off before.

And the game is only 10 or so turns in, and everything worked and then suddenly broke.

Though I did notice (maybe a coincidence), it happened after I moved my capital to Constantinople and then got a Theologist guild event to build one. After the Theologist was built, is when it broke. Maybe a coincidence though. Even crusader states is bugged after turn 1, where their north city suddenly does the same thing. But I never tried moving a general to it to see if that worked. That doesn't work with my Teutonic order game.

Its just really weird, I can't repair, retrain or do anything in the settlements. Its 100% broken for some reason. Even though Constantinople is my capital, and my leader resides there, I still can't do anything.

Civis

Okay, so it is in fact because of something making settlement disabled. Not a bug. I found a link to the PDF on page 280 that worked.

I think actually recruited too many troops and maybe retraining does it too.

Also one of my generals was low on supply from the journey to Constantinople. Same general I sent to take a castle.

So, its all good. I just didn't fully understand it. And I got confused because auto manage was being weird and working properly, but its doing as designed too. All I had to do was wait a while to have control of the settlement again, and spend less on getting more troops.

Does anyone know if and how I can make BGRV work with the bugfix compilation? With both installed, I cannot initiate campaign, if I check BGRV in the Mod Setup. It just drops me to the campaign menu(in game, that is).

Anyone had something similar?

BGRV not compatible with the bugfix compilation.

Where is the download link for BGR-V?

Greetings.

Is there any standalone BGRIV Enhanced that can be attached to SS6.4? I think the available links are broken. There's some mention that it is included in RC/RR Compilation, but, as I understand, that won't work with SS6.4 either. Or will it?

As far as I know, SS 6.4 already includes the BGRIV Enhanced and RR.

I know that SS6.4 includes BGRIV Enhanced, but does anyone know if that is BGRIV_E_999, which I think was the last version of BRGIV? Or am I wrong about that?
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

So anyway, I can't supply old files or check anything technical for modders etc because my old PC has all the files and it has no graphics card because it is in the new one and I'm not risking removal again unless I have to. Once these new 1080 cards reduce in price I'll get one of them and the old pc can have its old card back.

So, that aside, I now live in virtual reality (Vive) so I won't be playing "2D" games, including this one, for a while. Once I have the new card I might reinstall BGRV to try this on a giant cinema screen in the headset as that could be a worthy new experience that might lead to a revival.

I continue my search to find a deeper game, but it's an increasingly shallow gaming world out there. At least now with VR we have a new type of absorption.

So there you are.

Thanks to those who have answered and continue to answer questions on this mod's behalf.

Good Morrow
    Thanks you good Sir! I have played your mod for many years and I believe that it is the way that MTW2 was meant to be - so much depth and immersiom.

I wish you all the best in your upcoming projects.

But meanwhile, I have got one last ask - I have bought a new PC and I was about to play MTW2 again, but it seems that the download for BGRV is broken - is there another site where I could download it?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dziupski View Post
    But meanwhile, I have got one last ask - I have bought a new PC and I was about to play MTW2 again, but it seems that the download for BGRV is broken - is there another site where I could download it?

Thank you!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14672512

You Sir are a Star!

So there you are.

Good Morrow
    Just saw this. I've been away from this forum and from the game for a while.

Over the past few years you've provided me with countless hours of the kind of gameplay professional game developers have repeatedly failed to deliver. Challenging, well crafted gameplay with tons of depth and attention to detail. Imagine 10 thousand copies of me erupting into a prolonged standing ovation. That's how I feel about BGR. My best wishes to you Byg.

Are there any submods which are compatible with BGRV besides G5 AI and Settlement Tweaks?