Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Hello there, I'm a first time potential modder and would like to tweak the voices of some units in the Call to Warhammer mod. I was just wondering whether it's possible to assign individual voices to individual generals in the M2TW engine? There are some female generals that would greatly benefit from not sounding like a huge man-demon.
There are a few ways to do this. First of all, you have to realise that voices are tied to units. There's a little bit of embellishment in the case of generals based on dread/chivalry scores but you probably want to ignore that for now (you could hack dread to mean "is female" but then you'd still have to live with male grunts and death cries). In the EDU you can assign accents to units, and AFAIK that does get used. Then to make doubly sure you probably want to tie the general's unit's voice type to "general" and then modify the sounds for the general voice type with the custom accent to be female equivalents to the default male ones.

Alternatively you can experiment and tie voice type of the female unit to the Female voice class which is a RTW one but could still be supported by M2TW (given that the events pack still has room for that 5th voice class). This might however not work if the General voice type gets used by default for General's (named character) commands and so-on -- I am not sure if that is the case, it's been a long time since I did experiments like that.

Anyway, in either case you will need to regenerate events.dat/events.idx afterwards for the game to pick up your new accent + voice types, and you may want to repack the sound files as well.