Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1450 Campaign for 6.4

Default 1450 Campaign for 6.4

Simple 1450 campaign based on 1220 campaign made by a newbie modder.

It is not historically accurate as the map regions are unchanged in ownership (from their 1220 locations) and Late campaign factions are still in (Crusader States, Mongols etc.) Goes 2TPY speed and starts 1450. Settlements have been upgraded, with most factions having huge capital and citadel. That is to get player started right away with "endgame" units of 1450 era rather than first having to play long just to get to stage where huge walls and citadels are built. Armies have been also upgraded and beefed up. Rebels also updated.

Changes included:
    • Certain mercenary units have been slightly limited in availability, as in late game certain units like Swiss Pikemen, Landsknecht, Free Men At Arms and all sorts of heavily armoured knights were overabundant causing armies having over-representation of those overpowered units.
    • Pikemen appear now sooner than Late Pikemen, so that there is sense of progression between those two units.
    • Dismounted Gothic Knights appear at sametime along with Horseback Gothic Knights rather than lot later.
    • City growth limits been lowered: City 9500, Large City 16500, Huge City 26500 and Fortress 9500 and Citadel 18500, to make em more common and less chivalric general dependant. (thanks for the idea poisoned goat)
    • Events progression has been altered to be faster as with 2TPY getting to 1530 events would have taken 160 turns. 30 turns Spanish Inquisition (Pikemen available) 50 turns to Musket being invented. 60 turns to Pike and Shot event (Late Pikemen etc.). 70 Adv Matchlock. 90 Flintlock.

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4dq9tc4b13smz1h

Installation:
    Unzip to SS6.3 folder. After that run SS_Setup and go for late campaign (meant to be played with RR on). Replaces normal Late Campaign so to get that back, re-install SS6.4.

Issues: Currently mongols spawn still at 1450 and Timurids soon afterwards, causing massive chaos in the area, i recommend just staying far away from there.
    Reinforcements, William Wallace etc. all unchanged still.
    Regions could be more historically distributed. Obsolete by 1450 gone factions still included like Crusader States are still in. Far beyond my modding skills to change that.

Special thanks to poisoned goat for helping me in this topicto get started with basics and pretty much giving me the idea to do campaign like this on my own for SS6.4 rather than hoping some of the other projects finish first.

Some pics:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: 1450 Campaign for 6.4

TNX!

tnx a lot !

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Always nice to see new submods. + rep

Keep up the good work.

Any chance for update? I've been just thinking how awesome it'd be to play as Byzantium in its last days... And of course to restore it to its glory

Hey man, when do the Timurids come? I'm at year 1440 as the Turks and still no Timurids, just mongols?

Really wanted to play a game where I can fight the Timurids as im yet to do that.

But yeah very good mod, despite the historical accurateness it really is quite fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxer5 View Post
    Any chance for update? I've been just thinking how awesome it'd be to play as Byzantium in its last days... And of course to restore it to its glory
    Update to what? the mod is released and im pretty sure Byzantium is in there at 1450 as I'm playing Turks and have already wiped them.

Quote Originally Posted by MuppetGank View Post
    Update to what? the mod is released and im pretty sure Byzantium is in there at 1450 as I'm playing Turks and have already wiped them.
    I'm not talking just about Byzantium- OP said that this mod needs polishing still.

I did try to play some days ago as Byzantium on VH/VH and i gotta say it was nearly impossible. They start with poor settlements unable to even support their somewhat small forces (compared to neighbours and rebels) so i guess some finetuning could be done towards them. Maybe slightly tone down the local rebels and increase the amount of gold for them and cheaper good units.

Quote Originally Posted by MuppetGank View Post
    Hey man, when do the Timurids come? I'm at year 1440 as the Turks and still no Timurids, just mongols?

Really wanted to play a game where I can fight the Timurids as im yet to do that.

But yeah very good mod, despite the historical accurateness it really is quite fresh.
    Unfortunately im not quite sure how to do it, maybe if some more experienced modder could give hints on how to make it happen, id change it. Haven't really looked into those files at all which makes these things happen because im newbie modder.

I'm not talking just about Byzantium- OP said that this mod needs polishing still.
    Mod certainly needs polishing still, but i think it's quite playable already if you can look past the historical inaccuracies. My intention is not to make it 100% historical anyway, since i dont want to wait to 1500s to unlock some of the units (especially with 2 turns per year going on) as the whole point of the mod was to open up those endgame units to players.

From my past few campaigns ive played, came to notice the population cap for huge cities is bit too low, since so many cities have +3 farming and best pastry shop and plenty of other upgrades that help with city growth. So thinking of changing that to 28k or 29k. Also id still wanna make the last units appearing come sooner, as often by turn 50, it feels my campaigns have gone already past the most exciting early expansion, and still got some turns to wait for the last units like Halberdiers, Demi Lancers and such to appear.

Lancers, Gendarmes, Qapakulu, Gothic Knights and other superheavily armored cavalry units truely rule the battlefields in these 1450+ campaign battles to the point it seems bit ridicilous. Not sure if i wanna try to balance that though. Good pikemen with some armorcrushing (halberdiers etc.) mixed in their ranks and firearms in front of them in thin line within cover of the pikes lenght still is able to absorb their charge. It's just too bad the AI will never do something like that, so with few units of Lancers you can just ride through most AI armies.

Once i got Lancers and Gendarmes in this french campaign, could just pretty much ride through enemy lands with em fast.

any chance i can change the turns to 1 year or half a year? also can i make it a little earlier this is way to late lmao french lancers are a bit silly.

infact so silly i had to make myself a special rule of no fielding more then 4 lancers and they must be in a kings or a prince stack and no using them on crusades because muslims cant stop them at all Lol

can i use you work as base for a 1450-1648 campaign?

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

i installed it and followed the instructions but when i go to the campaign screen, I still only see the year 1220 AD
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Joseon194 View Post
    i installed it and followed the instructions but when i go to the campaign screen, I still only see the year 1220 AD
    After you install the mod, go to;
    Medieval II total war/mods/SS6.3 and launch SS_setup with the late campaign option.
    The 1450 mod replaces the late campaign in your options.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Just came back to +rep Ziltoid

Despite having the Kingdom of Jerusalem in the 15th century and some other awkwardness this is hands down one of my favourite submods of all time
    The armies are beautiful with all the top tech units, not to mention all the gunpowder smoke and noise.
    Loads of pikes and heavy infantry together with elite archers/x bowmen/musketeers that the AI can actually manage to command to some extent.
    The AI is far better with handling these very late era units and my tweaks to the descr_unit file(i increased gunpower missile damage by 10 across the board, changed some max range and other stuff) made this one of the greatest campaigns I ever played.

I actually lost my faction leader, 5 provinces and a couple of armies. It was beyond enjoyment.
    Just when I think I am about to win a battle I notice a grand bombard in the enemy front line...GRAPESHOT! GRAPESHOT!
    Last edited by +Marius+; February 03, 2014 at 10:13 AM.

Hi guys! I'm no modder, but I did some modifications to Ziltoid's work. Firstly, I changed area ownership to be somewhat more historically accurate. I positioned the Cumans as the Timurids(I didn't know how to use the real faction), the kwarezms as Qara Quyunlu, the Sicilians as the hospitalers in Rhodes(Sicily and Southern Italy are in aragonese hands now), the Moors as the Marinids without changing their names and adjusted byzantine, turkish, fatimid and some other positions.

Secondly, I always wanted to play a late campaign where the byzantines have some plated units if they survive, so I gave them the ability to recruit some mercenaries. Unfortunately I am no modder and I couldn't create proper Palaiologean units to avoid this. The mercenaries are available in greater numbers than they should, so use them in moderation.

Furthermore, I gave bigger garrisons to the rebels, to make it harder to expand, as they should be minor factions that are not so easy to deal with.

I also deleted all entries related to Mongol invasion etc.

It is my first attempt at modding and although it's no professional work, I also wanted to contribute something, as I have always enjoyed the superb mods the guys in this forum produce.

The instructions are easy. Do what Ziltoid says, and after that, replace with the files attached here, the files mentioned in the instructions.txt.

Then start a new campaign and hopefully enjoy it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelis View Post
    Hi guys! I'm no modder, but I did some modifications to Ziltoid's work. Firstly, I changed area ownership to be somewhat more historically accurate.
    Nice work just tried this out some. Certain factions are gonna have really hardtime with this, especially those two knight orders in mediterranean with only single province for each. But balance obviously isn't priority if you place provinces aproximately as they were in that time period more historically, plus it makes for some very challenging and intresting campaigns with those. For AI it will though be impossible to handle.

Also liked the added mercenary units for Byzantine Empire, though i wondered why not add em under that unique mercenary hiring building that Byzies already have for Latinikon and those 2 others.

So far noticed couple small issues with this, first is very obvious when you start it, there is this red ERROR that reads next to minimap, no idea though what it means or affects in practice.

Secondly noticed that Spain has 2 silver surfer spearmen units at Sevilla. They didnt cause CTD though in battle so nothing serious and easily fixed fast.

Anyways thanks for your contribution, gotta start now again 1450 campaign game with some new flavour with your changes.

Lately ive also changed timeframe for my own use to introduce pikemen and those units to appear earlier since waiting 60 turns felt too long as often campaigns feel kinda decided and "won" already by that point. Lancers and Gendarmes also need availability and upkeep nerf. Also made Huge City availability limit slightly higher by few thousand population so they wont pop all over like mushrooms after rain as farming and health infrastructure is very advanced in many cities at start already.

Also Marius idea of increased gunpowder efficiency certainly sounds appealing, as now it is often more of panic and routing causing instrument rather than killer.

And for Melooo182, go ahead and do whatever you want with this submod.

edit: found few more silversurfer units, rebels in Durazzo have Byzantine units that all are just without textures, gasmulis, latin handgunners and riders of those byzantine knights.
    Last edited by Ziltoid; February 11, 2014 at 04:36 PM.

Well, I thought using the mercenary building after I've already added most of the units, so I was bored changing it again an kept it this way.

Yeah I also noticed the ERROR thing, but I didn't know how to fix it, and so far it hasn't caused any problems. So consider it an extra touch until someone fixes it

I don't know what's the deal with these silver surfer units. I didn't add any new units with new textures to the game. When I'll have some time I'll try and fix it, and maybe use the mercenary building for the Byzantines.

I hope you will enjoy my changes and maybe improve them

hmm, I can't seem to get this to work...I extract the folder to the SS6.3 folder, then I run the SS6.3 setup. However, nothing changes and I'm still in 1220. I tried running the SS6.4 patch after, and it still leaves me back in 1220. What am I doing wrong? Sorry!

You have to add the 6.4 patch before this submod. You're probably best off deleting the whole thing and reinstalling. 6.3 + 6.4 + 1450. Then use the setup and Late Campaign.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast