Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CleopatraIV View Post
    What condition gives FL the usurper trait? I remove it using console and on the next turn he always gets it back...
    I'm sorry, I would need to study it in the EDCT, I don't remember the triggers.

When your faction leader's children come of age, the mod should re-evaluate who is heir.

Because this situation is not only game breaking but also doesn't represent reality:

So my only option now is to run this guy into a rebel stack, wasting a general and also wasting a princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaku View Post
    When your faction leader's children come of age, the mod should re-evaluate who is heir.

Because this situation is not only game breaking but also doesn't represent reality:

So my only option now is to run this guy into a rebel stack, wasting a general and also wasting a princess.
    yes, absolutely it should! but the Med2 engine doesn't allow for changing the FH status...

Yeah, kinda sucks, but you just gotta send the old heir to a suicide mission. Just will result in even bigger lack of valuable generals, and seems to occasionally add the usurper trait to the righful heirs...

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I'm sorry, I would need to study it in the EDCT, I don't remember the triggers.
    nvm, figured it out. FL must have the Factionleader3 trait, aka he must have a trait that says he is the faction leader.

190 turns into the game, and my nation implodes in a civil war. The game decided to make someone who married into the family the heir. How that's even possible, I can't imagine. All of my armies immediately get expelled from the settlements and take a hypothetical TWO TURNS to even attempt to siege/assault them. Which means two turns of "campaigning in enemy territory" costing ridiculous amounts of money that I don't have. The income supporting the armies is gone, so I'm immediately in the red. The "mercenaries demand payment" so even if I wanted to, I couldn't assault next turn since I won't have any armies by then. So my options are to delete all my armies, give up half my settlements, and try to rebuild, or flip the table and end the campaign.
    Is this someone's idea of fun?
    Yes, I do! But it'd be even more fun if I could see it myself - so upload a save (or you meant that 177 game here?)

Quote Originally Posted by hateman View Post
    Lost my 300 turns gameplay with castilla. Its barely possible to manage the cities with the popular unrest and squalor increasing constantly, overall if nobles dies quicker than spawn. in just few turns i have lost 6 cities, some of them with a 20 unit army because of the public order and i have faced at least 3 civil wars. it is just unplayable
    Upload a save, it'd be interesting to see Castilla at turn 300!

I've just had a look at Goffredo85 game - thanks, man!

Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 25, 2023 at 12:34 AM.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Howdy, can someone give me a refresher on the Georgian reform scripts as I read the pop-up days ago and can't remember anything it said beyond marriage? Oh and some crazy 3rd reform about reclaiming Tblisi (Mongol invasion surely can't be that bad right?)

This mod's like crack, thank you to everyone involved
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Libertus

I'm currently preparing a document summarising ways to improve the skin of the muslim factions by using skins from partner mods (a medieval mod, Tsardom and Broken Crescent)
    However, many units are just copies of eachother and do not bring any new gameplay function.
    Those are for exemple : the Ghulam lancer and turkish Ghulam, the Ghulam-I-Khass and Khassakiyya, The Oghuz guard and Khwarezmian nobles, the turkoman javelinmen and kurdish javelinmen or even the janissaries musketter and arquebusier.
    Why on earth so many muslim unit overlap ?

Quote Originally Posted by JB59114 View Post
    I'm currently preparing a document summarising ways to improve the skin of the muslim factions by using skins from partner mods (a medieval mod, Tsardom and Broken Crescent)
    However, many units are just copies of eachother and do not bring any new gameplay function.
    Those are for exemple : the Ghulam lancer and turkish Ghulam, the Ghulam-I-Khass and Khassakiyya, The Oghuz guard and Khwarezmian nobles, the turkoman javelinmen and kurdish javelinmen or even the janissaries musketter and arquebusier.
    Why on earth so many muslim unit overlap ?
    I don't think there's been any serious work on the Muslim rosters after SS6.4. Definitely, not after SSHIP 092, maybe before.

Hello I am playing this mod again and I ran into the issue that my family members are not marrying anymore.
    I have 16 regions and only 12 generals, so that should not be an issue.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...etterbox=false

nvm it worked now
    Last edited by Djangoo; November 02, 2023 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djangoo View Post
    Hello I am playing this mod again and I ran into the issue that my family members are not marrying anymore.
    I have 16 regions and only 12 generals, so that should not be an issue.

nvm it worked now
    Hi Djangoo, nice to see you again. When your campaign is more advanced, upload a save. I've added your game here.

hi everyone. What is the best unit for garrison?

just have 1-4 of the current generation of militia (check your wall level). as scotland, i went from spear and archer miltia, to bill militia, now halberd and arbalest militia. i like to keep 2 melee 2 range, so i have balance if i need to defend. however, aside from tiny early game raids on your towns, 4 militia will not make a difference when everyone has advanced armies. your frontier cities will have strong militaries inside anyways. you see it doesn't really matter. just keep the free slots full to help with public order

Quote Originally Posted by Sllhouette View Post
    just have 1-4 of the current generation of militia (check your wall level). as scotland, i went from spear and archer miltia, to bill militia, now halberd and arbalest militia. i like to keep 2 melee 2 range, so i have balance if i need to defend. however, aside from tiny early game raids on your towns, 4 militia will not make a difference when everyone has advanced armies. your frontier cities will have strong militaries inside anyways. you see it doesn't really matter. just keep the free slots full to help with public order
    thank you but are militias good for keeping public order? Need 4 militias to give just 5% order.

Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    thank you but are militias good for keeping public order? Need 4 militias to give just 5% order.
    the number of troops is important in relation for the size of the settlement. In large setttlements the same number of troops you will have lesser impact
    Here is a good guide for Med2 mechanics (note that for the SSHIP many parameters are different, eg. the cap for the impact of the government is 80% iirc)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    the number of troops is important in relation for the size of the settlement. In large setttlements the same number of troops you will have lesser impact
    Here is a good guide for Med2 mechanics (note that for the SSHIP many parameters are different, eg. the cap for the impact of the government is 80% iirc)
    Ah thank you

if i want to make generals bodyguard recruitable in early era , i must go to export descr building and then recruitement pool then any millitary building ???, i feel confused because i see the infantry units gathered in a side and the cavalry units in another side

Quote Originally Posted by MoorsihSultan View Post
    if i want to make generals bodyguard recruitable in early era , i must go to export descr building and then recruitement pool then any millitary building ???, i feel confused because i see the infantry units gathered in a side and the cavalry units in another side
    yes - you may add them to any building. I think I've included in the file some instructions how to code.
    You may just have a look a the landowners - iiirc at levels 4 and 5 the bodyguards are just disabled (with sign ; ). If you delete that sign, they will appear. check yourself
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

i get it , but it will appear till late era

Quote Originally Posted by MoorsihSultan View Post
    i get it , but it will appear till late era
    delete all the conditions,
    eg
    ; recruit_pool "NE Bodyguard" 0 0.02 2 0 requires factions { jerusalem, } and region_religion catholic 50 and not event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1
    into
    recruit_pool "NE Bodyguard" 0 0.02 2 0 requires factions { jerusalem, }

Hello, Im loving the latest beta. I dont really have any new feedback yet, although I am starting a France campaign (or perhaps Sicily, again?) and anyway, I had a question. Is there any way how to revert back to the original vanilla soundtrack? Thank you!