Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Hello everyone, nice to meet you. I do not know if this is the right thread but it is the first time i am posting on twc.
    I have been playing SSHIP for a while now and I am realluy enjoying the campaign Until now the game has almost never crashed and i have never had any serious problems.
    However, the other day I started a game with Scotland but there were no sound at all (no voice, no music, nothing). So i tried other factions and also Lituania, Novgord, Georgia, Engalnd and others don't have any sound at all. If i play as France, Byzantine, Sicily or other factions the game keeps playing normally and has all the sounds.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thank you for your time and if i explained myself bad, please tell me and i will try to be more clear!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by GiacomoI View Post
    Hello everyone, nice to meet you. I do not know if this is the right thread but it is the first time i am posting on twc.
    I have been playing SSHIP for a while now and I am realluy enjoying the campaign Until now the game has almost never crashed and i have never had any serious problems.
    However, the other day I started a game with Scotland but there were no sound at all (no voice, no music, nothing). So i tried other factions and also Lituania, Novgord, Georgia, Engalnd and others don't have any sound at all. If i play as France, Byzantine, Sicily or other factions the game keeps playing normally and has all the sounds.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thank you for your time and if i explained myself bad, please tell me and i will try to be more clear!
    I've got no idea. We've had a kind of a fix for voices, see here, but your problem seems to different... I know that EBII is not realeasing a new version because there's a bug, but I don't know the details.

because you've asked me so many times already to upload my save file, i will do you the respect of learning how, maybe you'll find something interesting. i wish you could see my other family tree, because even though my default one is large, i have another massive one that you can't see. would be interesting to see all the different inbreeding marriages and histories.

what do you mean 1420 could be a record one? surely someone else has played a long campaign on SSHIP, i know its hard to maintain interest but i have a lot of action going on. i don't know how i'm going to achieve the campaign requirement of holding jerusalem when i have less than 200 turns left, i'm STILL fighting france and HRE for control of western europe, and the crusader states have become the top power in the world. they actually wiped out all muslims, its crazy. last i checked, they conquered the middle east, egypt, turkey, armenia, arabia, now they fight sicily for morocco. are the timurids in the mod, can i expect them to show up and ruin the world order? maybe i can rush a good army and steal jerusalem just before max turn and win the campaign.

thank you for the videos. i love to watch stuff like that

after 30 minutes of trying to figure out why i can't upload attachments to TWC, i disabled my ad blockers and that seems to work, in case anyone else has issues too. scotland.7z
    Last edited by Sllhouette; November 02, 2023 at 08:47 PM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@GiacomoI: The sound issues can probably be fixed using the version 097 soundfixes provided by @Jurand.
    Often, it's just a problem with the version of the original game (English, French, German...etc)
    which do not have the same oral diversity depending on the factions.
    Modifying the descr_sounds_accents file at least allows you to recover a good number of voices.

Thank you Kostic and thank you Jurand.
    I downloaded the file and in the campaign map there are all the sounds so it fixed everything, however in the battle there is only the music of the game (no voices of generals, no animations voices, charges, fighting ecc). Do you know any other file i can download?
    Thank you!

Hello I am getting a crash on the same battle over and over in Mur (most southwest city in the fatamid empire) After they break down my walls with the siege ram the game always crashes about 15 seconds later. I can't get past this battle. I can't with it with auto resolve. What should I do?

I keep getting "med 2 has unexpected error" one 4 times on same battle. I have used LAA. I have not had any other issues with crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoMajor View Post
    Hello I am getting a crash on the same battle over and over in Mur (most southwest city in the fatamid empire) After they break down my walls with the siege ram the game always crashes about 15 seconds later. I can't get past this battle. I can't with it with auto resolve. What should I do?

I keep getting "med 2 has unexpected error" one 4 times on same battle. I have used LAA. I have not had any other issues with crashes.
    Hello LeoMajor,

I had a similar problem, where I couldn't finish battles without crashing. I found a solution which I described here. The main thing that works for me is to have only the most essential processes running, nothing else. I hope this helps you, too.
    Last edited by Michael Westen; November 12, 2023 at 04:48 AM.

Senator

In res Recruitment-Bug: I was not able to recruit any units or Agents in my current Portugal-Campaign.

Solved by: Waiting a Turn

Things aren't always obvious. One time I was wondering why my economy was tanking, until the civil war my usurper caused ceased and it returned back to normal.

CTD in loading screen before battle of Pamplona and "Invite the Saxons" as Aragon(?)

Hi guys, I'm playing on SSHIP with no other submod on Windows 10, Steam version of M2TW.

In my campaign as Aragon I realized I have to siege rebel castle of Pamplona in the first turn, otherwise the rebels recruit (or spawn? I don't know if the rebels can recruit units) some units in the castle, on turn 2 it's axe militia and levy javelinmen, and if I besiege the castle after they do this and assault the castle, I get CTD in the loading screen.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

19:18:28.685 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SSHIP_098/data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture,2796416
    19:18:28.685 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    19:18:28.688 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_rebels.texture (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    19:18:28.688 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SSHIP_098/data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_rebels.texture,2796416
    19:18:28.688 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_rebels.texture (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    19:18:28.690 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_rebels.texture__unit_models/sandy_units/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/aragon/gs_attachments_rebels.texture
    19:18:28.691 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_rebels.texture__unit_models/sandy_units/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/aragon/gs_attachments_rebels.texture
    19:18:28.691 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_rebels.texture__unit_models/sandy_units/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_rebels.texture
    19:18:28.691 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_rebels.texture__unit_models/sandy_units/AttachmentSets/gs_attachments_rebels.texture
    19:18:28.761 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I've started a new campaign to make an experiment and confirmed that this bug occurs consistently for me.

Also, as Aragon I received on multiple occasions "Invite the Saxons" event which from what I see targets some provinces in Transylvania, which, of course, I don't own, I'm not even out of Iberian Peninsula yet. I've always declined because I didn't want to waste 4k gold, so I don't know what would happen if I accepted, but it still shouldn't pop up if I'm not playing Hungary, should it?
    Last edited by Gen_Poniatowski; November 08, 2023 at 02:54 PM.

Btw, is it possible to revert SSHIP music back to the vanilla one? At least on the campaign map. I'm not really fond of the music used in the mod, some of the tracks are really irritating for me, even though overall mod experience is great. It's also a matter of nostalgia for me. I'm talking of an actual solution, not simply playing M2TW soundtrack on Youtube in the background, as I need to turn music back on when I get to battles to get that dynamic soundtrack anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen_Poniatowski View Post
    Btw, is it possible to revert SSHIP music back to the vanilla one? At least on the campaign map. I'm not really fond of the music used in the mod, some of the tracks are really irritating for me, even though overall mod experience is great. It's also a matter of nostalgia for me. I'm talking of an actual solution, not simply playing M2TW soundtrack on Youtube in the background, as I need to turn music back on when I get to battles to get that dynamic soundtrack anyway.
    Frankly speaking, I don't know how to do it. It was @JLMP (incidentally, also Polish ;-) who made it. If you could make a minimod, this would be helpful for the others, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen_Poniatowski View Post
    CTD in loading screen before battle of Pamplona and "Invite the Saxons" as Aragon(?)

Hi guys, I'm playing on SSHIP with no other submod on Windows 10, Steam version of M2TW.

In my campaign as Aragon I realized I have to siege rebel castle of Pamplona in the first turn, otherwise the rebels recruit (or spawn? I don't know if the rebels can recruit units) some units in the castle, on turn 2 it's axe militia and levy javelinmen, and if I besiege the castle after they do this and assault the castle, I get CTD in the loading screen.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

19:18:28.685 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SSHIP_098/data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture,2796416
    19:18:28.685 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    19:18:28.688 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_rebels.texture (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    19:18:28.688 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SSHIP_098/data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_rebels.texture,2796416
    19:18:28.688 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_rebels.texture (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    19:18:28.690 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_rebels.texture__unit_models/sandy_units/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/aragon/gs_attachments_rebels.texture
    19:18:28.691 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/sandy_units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_rebels.texture__unit_models/sandy_units/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/aragon/gs_attachments_rebels.texture
    19:18:28.761 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I've started a new campaign to make an experiment and confirmed that this bug occurs consistently for me.

Also, as Aragon I received on multiple occasions "Invite the Saxons" event which from what I see targets some provinces in Transylvania, which, of course, I don't own, I'm not even out of Iberian Peninsula yet. I've always declined because I didn't want to waste 4k gold, so I don't know what would happen if I accepted, but it still shouldn't pop up if I'm not playing Hungary, should it?
    Invite Saxons - will be fixed in the next release, sorry for that. If you accepts, the only consequence will be that the event will stop popping up.

The Pamplona crash is for you, @kostic - it seems something in the models is missing.

I would have to test it. But obviously, this is not a texture problem, but the fact that Pamplona requires a peasant unit even though these were removed in the last version !

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I would have to test it. But obviously, this is not a texture problem, but the fact that Pamplona requires a peasant unit even though these were removed in the last version !
    I have little knowledge about the graphical files, but I actually don't see that a peasant unit is there. A unit uses a file from folder "EN_Peasant_Padded" but it doesn't mean the unit are the Peasants. Maybe a kind of militia uses this graphical element?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    The Pamplona crash is for you, @kostic - it seems something in the models is missing.
    I tested the Pamplona attack without encountering a CTD.
    @Gen_Poniatowski: Please post your save file of your campaign so I can test the battle as you did it.

Hello. Different person but I am having the exact same problem in Pamplona playing as Aragon. I'll upload my own save file in the meantime.

https://file.io/jpWQqnreUbw4
    Last edited by Flinn; November 13, 2023 at 10:12 AM. Reason: corrected a wrong link

Sorry, I've seen that the link I posted doesn't work. Here's another one.

https://www.filemail.com/d/uiuyirxwiqiekos

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuprFinAvPág View Post
    Hello. Different person but I am having the exact same problem in Pamplona playing as Aragon. I'll upload my own save file in the meantime.

https://file.io/jpWQqnreUbw4
    It is now working, you used a wrong tag [FONT][/FONT], and it broken the link. In general you don't need to use any tag when posting links, just copy/paste them and Vbulletting will automatically add the [URL][/URL] tag.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

@Gen Poniatowski , @SuprFinAvpag : OK, I understand. There is a texture error for Rebel Javelinmen. It seems to me that your versions are earlier than mine because this javelinmen unit is not present in Pamplona in my version.
    In any case, thank you for this observation, the next version will correct this problem. In the meantime, you can simply fix it by replacing the battle_models.modeldb file with this one: fix pamplona bug
    1- Remove the inscription (1) from the downloaded file
    2- Make a backup copy of your battle_models.modeldb in mods/SSHIP_098/data/units_models/battle_models.modeldb
    3- Overwrite the original file
    Last edited by kostic; November 13, 2023 at 05:58 PM.