Page 34 of 306 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334353637383940414243445984134 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I did and my cfg file for the log looks like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level=*script* trace

Though I can't find anything different with the system logs when I check it.

It's going fine right now in my earlier save, but I'll let you know if it happens again

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Not sure if it's a bug or intended, but I will report here anyway.

Plague is far to frequent! I'm around turn 60~70 Byzantine campaign and I already had 4 different plagues outbreaks! The worst part is that happens almost everytime in my major cities, of course, where I train and retrain troops, so every few turns I had to basically totally freeze my military campaings because I lack reinforcements or I can move them there because they are in a sick city or would had to pass by it.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Regarding the plauge Petrobras, if one of your units is infected with the plauge, there really isn't a way to see it. And if you garrison that unit in any city or transfer it to any army, the city/army will get the plauge as well.

I mostly play with England and I had the plauge once in London at turn 152. Any agents in London any characters and units I had in there were plaugees ( is that even a word ) so I disbanded the ones I couldn't care less about. Dumped the ones I liked aka my feudal knights in a fort outside the city for a good couple of turns.

Plauge occurance is really not that common, it is usually the player themselves spreading it. On the other hand the AI can also spread it with its agents. Lets say they recruit a spy in one of their plauged settlements and set it to Constantinople, well. Guess who got the plauge.
    This wasn't a big issue for me because England is relatively secluded compared to Byzantine.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila_Mars View Post
    if one of your units is infected with the plauge, there really isn't a way to see it
    You can usually see it from the rat icon in the portrait card on any general or agent. For standard units, it will have the plague if it starts the turn attached to a general, agent or city which has plague, or if it comes into contact with any such unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila_Mars View Post
    Plauge occurance is really not that common, it is usually the player themselves spreading it. On the other hand the AI can also spread it with its agents. Lets say they recruit a spy in one of their plauged settlements and set it to Constantinople, well. Guess who got the plauge.
    This wasn't a big issue for me because England is relatively secluded compared to Byzantine.
    It's not a big issue for England because the settlements are so small compared to the ERE. It's much more common with larger settlements.

The ERE starts with a huge city and large city, both close to their pop limit at that size, and can conquer five or six other large cities and a citadel in Anatolia easily, with more in the east and Italy. Larger cities means more squalor means a higher chance of plague - I probably had more plague outbreaks than that because I expanded so fast and acquired all the large cities in Anatolia, the Levant, Egypt and Italy. By turn 100 or so it seemed there wasn't a single turn that passed without one of my cities having plague, but no added unrest so it wasn't caused by spies.

England will generally only get plagues in London and Paris, and then pretty infrequently as they are not all that large compared to the eastern cities.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Hmh, never played with Byzantine myself. I got a strange obsession with England in M2. All that aside lowering the plauge chance globally would quite literally mean there'll be no plauge in England like... ever.

Giving the Byzantines some building health bonusses could work for a solution I suppose.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

It might help, but then again higher health bonuses means more population which means more squalor. I'm not entirely sure how the balance between health and squalor influences the chance of a plague striking a city - adding more health to make the city larger might even make it worse.

You cannot put a merchant on those resources.

recruit_pool "Mercenary Frankish Knights" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { }
    So, they are awalaible to none faction? I believe this is not supposed to be

Second bug, serbian dismounted vlatela have unit size of cavalry (for example other infantry have 90 man, dismounted serbian vlastela have 48)

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

In my first battle, I got a CTD. I was playing a campaign map battle, I was Abbasids and I attacked a Zengid army. The battle loaded but CTD immediately when it tried to open. I was playing the High Campaign. I had installed the short version, using the 14 files.

Edit - I just tried again, my second battle I got a CTD again. This time I was Zengids, and I attacked a Crusader states town. They sallied out. Once again, the battle loaded and this time I could actually see my troops for the first 1 second, but then it crashed CTD.

Edit again - I just tried battle number 3, this time a Byzantine force attacked some Serbians near their capital. It crashed to desktop again, the same as above. Looks like all battles are going to CTD until whatever is causing it is fixed.
    Last edited by bigdaddy1204; January 19, 2016 at 05:30 PM.

1. Installed clean Stainless Steel mod
    2. Ran SSSetup (with proper options, as always)
    3. Installed the 14 part "short" version
    4. Installed the hotfix
    5. Ran Early era campaign

Having CTD with Hungary. Uploading system log, server says "invalid file" while trying to upload my save.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like you got the same issue has HansBert.. I need a tracelog atleast to perhaps figure it out. It's hard when I cant recreate the issue.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Playing as Sicily, version 0.9 - I've only tried one campaign battle so far, seems fine, no crashes. I've only just finished downloading so I must've got the newer version with the hotfix attached? Here's hoping.

Anyway, has anyone else tried using Sicily's Urban Spear Militia yet? Or any other faction's Urban Spear Militia for that matter? They are disembodied suits of armour, floating without a person inside them. It's quite scary, actually. I'm going to bed now, and here's hoping I don't have nightmares.

Regardless, you guys have done an absolutely terrific job on the new release. Props to you all!

Campaign looks and runs beautifully, but the first battle is CTD. Any solutions?
    Last edited by Hydro; January 20, 2016 at 12:13 AM.

NO MUSIC IN ALL GAME, NO SOUNDS, I HAVE THE FULL SSHIP, WHAT HAPPENS?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    NO MUSIC IN ALL GAME, NO SOUNDS, I HAVE THE FULL SSHIP, WHAT HAPPENS?
    I had the same exact problem, I just re-installed a fresh ss 6.3/6.4 and the new SSHIP again and it fixed it. Not sure why though.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Knight View Post
    Playing as Sicily, version 0.9 - I've only tried one campaign battle so far, seems fine, no crashes.
    Which version did you download? The full version or the short version (14 files)?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
    I had the same exact problem, I just re-installed a fresh ss 6.3/6.4 and the new SSHIP again and it fixed it. Not sure why though.
    Which version did you download? The big file with hotfix? Or the short version (14 files)? Also, when you installed 6.3/6.4 did you accept the default campaign settings or did you change anything?

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    Looks like you got the same issue has HansBert.. I need a tracelog atleast to perhaps figure it out. It's hard when I cant recreate the issue.
    Mate, as i said before, i don't know how to do that?! I am a complete noob with anything except playing and installing maybe a mod. How do i post a tracelog here!?

Man am i pissed now...

Did the following:

- installed medieval 2
    - installed britannia
    - copied the sship folder into mods (the full version)
    => crash to desktop again on first battle! ffs!

I don't know anything anymore i could try to fix.

Big daddy what version of the game do you have? I have the gold edition, "software pyramide".
    With this version i had lots of difficulties in the past like with the copy protection which stopped the game from starting at times and also when i manually tried to patch medieval manually it would not work.
    But the older version of SShip was working just fine.
    => So i think it has nothing to do with my "version" of the game!? Or could that be?
    Last edited by HansBertVogl; January 20, 2016 at 03:49 AM.

Dear developers. Check the architecture of the cities Olomoc and Nizza. There is not a correct architecture. It is not possible to storm the city and gate are missing.