Page 35 of 306 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435363738394041424344456085135 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Okay guys: If you experience ANY graphical issues (strange units, battle ctds, etc.) PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:

GO to your main mod folder (usually SSHIP/). Open the default.cfg file with any text-editor. Then search for the line "level=* error" and put a ";" infront fo it.
    Then look at the line below and remove the ";" in the front. You now generate a tracelog with your system that is much more detailed.

Now, open the game up again and try to recreate the bug. After you did, take the "system.log" file in the main folder (usually SSHIP/) and upload it here, together with a description of the bug.

AFTER THAT: Open the default.cfg file again and reserver the changes! Otherwise, huge logs will keep getting produced.

@B0gia: Will be looked at in the future. I saw this last week, but it wouldve taken too much time to correct this as well.

@Boogie Knight: No..

That's how it should look like.

@Jaluna and Hydro: There's always the option to recreate the files in your data/sounds folder. You do that by simply deleting the .dat and .idx files (do a backup of those files first), the game then recreates everything on game start.

That MIGHT fix the problem. I admit though I've never heard of someone that the sound was completely gone..

My default.cfg already looks like you wrote i should make it:

;level=* error
    level=* trace

So now i start the game, make it crash and then what?

I just opened the systemlog and i see a lot of "missing mods/SSHIP/data/Settlements/North_European/ambient_settlements/medium_farm_A/maps/overlay/medium_farm_brown_plough.texture"...

How can i upload my systemlog? Again i am a complete noob, do i need a certain program, a place where i load it up and link it?
    Last edited by HansBertVogl; January 20, 2016 at 04:01 AM.

Go there:

http://www.zippyshare.com/

select the file, upload it, send me the link.

@Butajuk: Yep you're right. Will be fixed.
    Last edited by MWY; January 20, 2016 at 04:20 AM.

I sent you a message mwy, hope it worked.

I guess that is a bug,in early campaign with bizantines, they have all elite units in nikaea(katapratorai,huscarls,scutotai...),not in constantinople, it is historically correct? They Should be in constantinople,the imperial capital
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

No, that is not a bug.

I just deleted the sship folder in mods, installed ss6.3 and ss6.4 and it works just fine. Should i also try the older version of hip?

No. Lets get the new version working. But let's keep this via PM for now.

Can you explain why the elite troops are in Nikaea and no in constantinople?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I'm guessing because John II Komnenos was doing extensive military campaigns in Asia Minor in 1130-1135, so it makes sense that many of the elite units would take part of this campaign?

Good guess.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Can you explain why the elite troops are in Nikaea and no in constantinople?
    Because Byzantine emperor John II Komnenos spent the entire decade from 1130 onwards campaigning in Asia Minor. He established military camps and bases in western Anatolia and he spent a lot of time training his troops. He also built several new castles in western Anatolia and there were several new themes established in the area - the theme (province) of Thrakesion was re-established, with its administrative centre at Philadelphia. A new theme, named Mylasa and Melanoudion, was created to the south of Thrakesion.

It makes a lot of sense for the Byzantine army to be there at the start of the game. It is historically accurate and it is correct.
    Last edited by bigdaddy1204; January 20, 2016 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HansBertVogl View Post
    I just deleted the sship folder in mods, installed ss6.3 and ss6.4 and it works just fine. Should i also try the older version of hip?
    You mean SS6.4 works fine? Or you were able to get SSHIP working?

Sadly I can't do anything until I get home from work later. But probably if MWY can fix your problem, I would guess that would (likely) fix mine too since we seem to be having the same CTD issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    You mean SS6.4 works fine? Or you were able to get SSHIP working?

Sadly I can't do anything until I get home from work later. But probably if MWY can fix your problem, I would guess that would (likely) fix mine too since we seem to be having the same CTD issue.
    Yes, SS6.4 works fine. I also reinstalled the older hip version which also works fine. No matter what i do, when i install the new hip everything is ed up.
    What version of Medieval 2 do you have bigdaddy!? And did you patch to 1.05?

Quote Originally Posted by HansBertVogl View Post
    Yes, SS6.4 works fine. I also reinstalled the older hip version which also works fine. No matter what i do, when i install the new hip everything is ed up.
    What version of Medieval 2 do you have bigdaddy!? And did you patch to 1.05?
    I have Medieval 2 Gold, which I bought in 2013. I didn't patch to 1.05 - is that important?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    I have Medieval 2 Gold, which I bought in 2013. I didn't patch to 1.05 - is that important?
    Well we have that in common it seems. So probably it does.
    BUT: i have downloaded the 1.05 patch just 1 hour ago for the german gold version + the fix kingdoms exe. Of course after i installed the 1.05 update inside the game i saw 1.03 still and also if i started the game with the fixed exe it did NOT start.
    I am losing all patience...

It's not only you losing patience, believe me.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Updated, my mistake.
    Last edited by b0Gia de Bodemloze; January 20, 2016 at 08:49 AM.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Tried the full version and it just crashes upon game launch.

Game version 1.52

mates, just a silly question
    why at the opening screen, it writes v0.8?