Page 60 of 306 FirstFirst ... 103550515253545556575859606162636465666768697085110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 6109

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Hi .

Recently - while waiting for next patch - I'm playing some custom battles, learning new tactics, etc, and saving some interesting battle replays.
    But there's strange problem when playing back saved 'battle replay'.

From some point of time of battle replay -> battle replay 'starts cheating' !!! That's becoming not my battle !!!
    It looks like that from some point of battle the replay is 'real-time fought' AI vs AI, and not replaying my recorded battle !!
    Even the end numbers (kills, loses) are different from the original battle !!

Do you encountered such problems ? Any fixes ?

I would like to share some of my battles replays on the forum, but now those replays are not exactly my battles !

hi.

im having this issue whenever i try to see building browser for sinop o try to look at the buildings there my games crashes...
    i thought it was just that but then i had another crash while trying to view alexandria or that fatimid port on the north of cairo.
    dont know whats causing it but it could be some files... i did a reinstall and it worked fine till i loaded the game then it crashes instantly
    i have windows 7 x64 ultimate and disabled UAC i used to play this mod a long time ago i wanted to try the new version but it keeps crashing and i know its not kingdoms
    because i run TATW and it runs fine.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    18:08:33.773 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    18:08:33.773 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    18:08:33.783 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:08:33.783 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:08:33.783 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:08:33.783 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:08:33.783 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:08:33.783 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    21:23:13.874 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Icon7 Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by larvon View Post
    hi.

im having this issue whenever i try to see building browser for sinop o try to look at the buildings there my games crashes...
    i thought it was just that but then i had another crash while trying to view alexandria or that fatimid port on the north of cairo.
    dont know whats causing it but it could be some files... i did a reinstall and it worked fine till i loaded the game then it crashes instantly
    i have windows 7 x64 ultimate and disabled UAC i used to play this mod a long time ago i wanted to try the new version but it keeps crashing and i know its not kingdoms
    because i run TATW and it runs fine.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    18:08:33.773 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    18:08:33.773 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    18:08:33.783 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:08:33.783 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:08:33.783 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:08:33.783 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:08:33.783 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:08:33.783 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    21:23:13.874 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    lol i fixed it somehow it was that the files where to read only in properties if anyone has this issue that the solution sorry.

Glad you solved it yourself larvon.

@tmodelsk: Thats a vanilla issue and there is no fix to it. In the battles only the units involved and the commands given at a certain time are recorded if I'm correct. The rest, like arrow volley hits, siege unit hits, charge impacts are varying (or newly generated by the game). That's why a recorded won battle can even be a loss in the replay.

My logs file is missing.
    Alii inferre bellum, facientibus pacem.

Zooasaurus's Avatar Libertus

Some problems:
    - I didn't see any Bowstring animation
    - When i play in Grassy Plains, the grasslands magically turned into desert
    - In some maps like Pyramids or pains, the background seems to be blackened out
    - The game didn't save my settings after i exit

Any fixes for this?
    Last edited by Zooasaurus; April 17, 2016 at 07:16 AM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

- Not all archers/arbalesters have the bowstring animations implemented yet. Mostly, only the western units have it (models from GeMiNi][SaNDy).
    - That's an old issue but to be honest, custom battles are not our priority for now.
    - Issue known and hopefully a fix should come quite soon.
    - This is not relating to SSHIP. That's because you installed your game in C://Programfiles. Re-install everything directly on C drive and that shouldn't happen again.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

The game crashes when I try to take Firenze. In the thread it said it was because of a bad line of code? But I'm having trouble fixing it. I edited the line to change the 68 to 67, but it still crashes.
    Last edited by Tripledot; April 19, 2016 at 07:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Can you post your battle_model.modeldb file to let me have a look at it? It might not be the source of the issue.
    Is there any HRE army involved?
    If you autoresolve the battle, do you still have the ctd?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Can you post your battle_model.modeldb file to let me have a look at it? It might not be the source of the issue.
    Is there any HRE army involved?
    If you autoresolve the battle, do you still have the ctd?
    Link
    No HRE involvement, autoresolve doesn't cause ctd.

Blog Entries

Your file looks fine. Have you tried to add the slave to the ownership of the Italian Cavalry Militia in the EDU?

That seems to have worked. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Great!

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Regarding the game not saving settings after an exit, if your game crashes while you are "exiting" it via the menu like normal, it actually doesn't save them. This was a huge issue for me back when the steam patch first landed and I was trying to mod it. Had to set my settings highest possible every time I ran the game FeelsBadMan.

I advice customising settings and then quitting the game without ever starting a campaign/custom battle. That should do it.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Early Era Campaign , Southern France - Toulouse (and possibly Bordeaux) should be a center of the Heretic Cathars & Albigenses (heretics to Catholic Church), possibly later on, after 1150 - 75.

Toulouse on the campaign start has 55% heretics (ok), but around 1140 (15 turns later) it has only 8% of heretics, possibly due to a Catholic Church built in.
    Is the catholic church causing conversions ? I think yes. So it should be replaced by some building causing conversions to heresy. (is there any ?) Or just remove Catholic Chapel.

Possibly the same should apply to Bordeaux ?

As I understand from history -> the heretic Cathars & Albigenses in southerrn France were quite strong around 1200 and earlier.
    In game there are quire strong rebels (maybe should be stronger ?), but they're catholic rebel not heretic rebels.

Blog Entries

I have replied to this in the General Discussion thread because this is not a bug. You can see my post here.

Default Help installing SSHIP?

I'm a touch confused as to how to install the SSHIP,frankly im a little bummed that theres a video guide out there for installing SS,even though its easier to install,but not this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help installing SSHIP?

To be be moved to SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Download this .exe and try it. It should work: here on Mega and here on Google Drive.

I've also updated the installation instructions accordingly. It was a mess, my fault
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 28, 2016 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Download links for .exe file updated

My save keeps crashing on turn 70 everytime I click "End Turn". As soon as it reaches the Rebels, it crashes.

I have checked what is causing the crash. A heretic named Inram is causing it every time he walks up to a city, that-s when it crashes. So I want to kill him, but the Console command "kill_Character" doesn't work. So how can I kill him?

I have written "kill_character Inram" and it only gives an error message. Is there a different code?
    Last edited by Pherion; April 29, 2016 at 04:30 PM.

Default Campaign crash. Help needed!

Okay, I've been playing as Portugal and I'm on turn 70 when the crash happened. It's on the end turn stage when it's the rebels turn.

I checked the log and it shows this:

15:22:36.801 [data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'ME Cavalry Militia'.
    15:22:36.801 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

What can I do to fix this?