Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Kahvipannu Units' Models

Treyflix's Avatar Laetus
    Spain in the Summer, USA during fall & winter

Default Re: [Preview] Kahvipannu Units' Models

No offense, but kingdom of heaven, while a pretty good action movie, is most certainly NOT very historically accurate

Amazing work on these units and the rest of the mod, I have not downloaded it yet as I'm in the middle of an intense Lithuanian campaign but I will certainly look into this as I'm a total history geek.

Seriously, you deserve some sort of metal, you're doing a better job in your spare time than PAID STAFF at total war are doing. Cheers!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Just for general information about CS, you can have a look on my previous posts about them. They can be found here (posts #29, #30 and #31).
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Something new, St.Lazarus

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Absolutely beautiful.
    Perhaps they could be given swords/maces instead of axes?
    Axes always seem to me a bit...unknightly.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

They will propably stay as axe-one (They were having actually 2 handed axes, so this is already kinda toning them down closer to the rest of the knights), there is other Knight unit with maces, but pretty much all of the rest will be sword ones. Lift or MWY will know better.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; October 05, 2015 at 08:24 AM.

Blog Entries

Kahvi is right. Most of the knights in SSHIP use swords. A bit of variety is welcome so I think that these guys will stay with axes.

Edit: Some more info about Knight Orders in the Levant (different sources, some of them might be inaccurate):
    The knights of the late 1100s were covered head to toe in chainmail armor, a surcoat, to protect against the heat and signal the knight's allegiance, worn outside of the chain, padded cloth worn underneath. Knights mostly wore conical helms or kettle helms with plate visors, precursors to the great helm. Their warhorses were barded with cloth or leather to protect against arrows, though this was a fairly recent practice. The larger kite shield was giving way to the smaller and more triangular heater shield, while offensive armament consisted of longsword, lance, mace, and axe.

Regarding the St Lazarus Knights, originally, they wore a light green cross on a "dirty" white background. Then, the green became deeper (more like emerald) on a "clean" white background.

I also found another text about St Lazarus Knights mentioning a full plate armour and a haleberg. However, that equipment seems to have been mostly use for ceremonial event.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; October 06, 2015 at 04:59 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I also found another text about St Lazarus Knights mentioning a full plate armour and a haleberg. However, that equipment seems to have been mostly use for ceremonial event.
    Not neccessarily, they remained a military order as a branch under the Hospitaller Order and thus, remained active well into the 16th century.

Blog Entries

That's why I used the words "seems" and "mostly"

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

If Lazarus was alive today, I'd think he'd be proud

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Check the two links in my signature to see how historical Nubian warriors looked like.

What's the ETA for new version including these great units ?
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Blog Entries

ASAP (as soon as possible)

Can you replace all templar model with crusader model. The Templar order look more historical that way.

Blog Entries

We'll see what we can do

Kahvipannu means tea kettle in finnish apparently. Other than that I got no results while searching them.
    Who the heck are the Kahvipannu faction?

Blog Entries

No, Kahvipannu is the name of the modder who made these models
    See, the post #45 is one of his posts. Anyway, I know now what his name means

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by +Marius+ View Post
    Absolutely beautiful.
    Perhaps they could be given swords/maces instead of axes?
    Axes always seem to me a bit...unknightly.
    Actually in my opinion ideal solution would be having most if not all of the knight units equiped with some reasonable ratio of all three kinds of weapons (swords, axes and maces).

Blog Entries

You can't do that because of the animations limits. If you make the dismounted knights f.e. with swords, axes and maces, all men in that unit will use the same animation. That's not a problem for maces and axes as they use the same animation. However, sword animation is different. So, if you choose the mace animation, men with sword will use it as a mace. If you use the sword animation, men with mace or axe will use them as a sword.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

None of the photos in the OP work anymore. I would advise using Imgur instead of Photobucket as a hosting site. The latter is notoriously bad and defective, while the former is incredibly reliable. Even Tumblr is a more reliable image host than Photobucket, where the pictures you save one day most likely aren't going to be available the next.

I'm an incredibly visual-oriented game player. I need to see the units before I even have an interest in a sub-mod. The Late Knights submod and Komnenian-Kwarezmian submods for Stainless Steel have amazing looking units that received a lot of love from the modelers and skinners. I'd like to try this mod out, but I'm a little hesitant, because I have no idea how it looks.

You can see some units of the game in this gameplay and AAR of Alavaria player...i hope that this will be useful for you
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ng-Zone-VIII-3
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast