Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

Default Re: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

Quote Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
    Yesterday i was holding on to the hope that Bretonnia would be a playable faction as i love that faction from Warhammer novels. Now i am sad that they won't be a faction in the game. That's a bummer!
    They announced a trilogy of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    And sleep at day?
    Sleeping is overrated when you can feed on HYPE.

Oh no..
    I guess it's another game series that died.
    RIP TW

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    Well, Total War was built on a tradition of historical eras, and we’ll continue to do exactly that. Total War: Warhammer is being developed in parallel with our historical titles by a dedicated team.
    So will Total War: Warhammer be released together with Total War: China ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

I can't help but be excited and disappointed at the same time. I have waited official warhammer game in total war platform since Call of Warhammer mod in ME 2. But CA, CA... much has been forgiven thanks to mod support in your games. Vanilla games have been "ok" or even "good-ish" at best, but with mods: perfect. Don't shoot your own knee now. Why don't you realize that mods gives your game more ADDITIONAL content, attracting more PAYING customers, increasing the LIFESPAN and hence increasing your PROFIT in the long run?

Either you give all you got with this title or it will be another Mark of Chaos, a wasted opportunity.
    Last edited by Kalatorni; April 22, 2015 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vardeus View Post
    Sleeping is overrated when you can feed on HYPE.
    Hype feeds on fantasy, isn't it? I go back to my previous post, this must have some kind of supervisión or blessing by GAMES WORKSHOP. So I guess there is a fair amount of fidelity, or is GAMES WORSHOP usually ciritizised by WARHAMMERS fans? I have seen that there is an official story and some fan made story lines.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; April 22, 2015 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maist View Post
    Oh no..
    I guess it's another game series that died.
    RIP TW
    €0 from me.
    And Attila wasn't bought depsite my love for the period! I was once fooled bu Rome 2 not again.

Is it so difficult to make a Mesopotamia total war? Hell, give me China that will do the job too!
    Last edited by Flavius Julius Nepos Augustus; April 22, 2015 at 12:10 PM.
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalatorni View Post
    I can't help but be excited and disappointed at the same time. I have waited official warhammer game in total war platform since Call of Warhammer mod in ME 2. But CA, CA... much has been forgiven thanks to mod support in your games. Vanilla games have been "ok" or even "good-ish" at best, but with mods: perfect. Don't shoot your own knee now. Why don't you realize that mods gives your game more ADDITIONAL content, attracting more PAYING customers, increasing the LIFESPAN and hence increasing your PROFIT in the long run?

Either you give all you got with this title or it will be another Mark of Chaos, a wasted opportunity.
    It may be not having official mod support, but modding can still be done, as it was done in Shogun 2 (before release of modding tools) and Napoleon and Empire. But until any exact clarification, we have to wait and guess.
    How many times someone guessed wrong about my nationality: 3
    Where do I not come from: Czech Republic, US, South America, Former Colony, Germany, Austria, Switzerland

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

This title is just not my cup of tea. I'll continue to play IB and Roma Surrectum but i'm glad for the Warhammer fans.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Is that... Cain, shaking, talking about unstoppable hordes... with a demon letting out a scream at the end? Are you guys remaking Diablo 3?!

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Hey about coloring and flags you should do what dawn of war games did. They had a paint your army option. They had existing schemes like ultramarines, blood angels, white scars and you could create a chapter of your own in any color or flag you wanted. Every race had their own existing schmes and you could create new ones. I had pink and golden marines. With this game things like averland, hochland, reikland etc.. should be color scheme themed armies that are already avaliable to select. Chaos can have khorne, tzeentch, nurgle, slaanesh, chaos undivided as existing themes and then you can create your own golden or pink knights.

In that game playing with white scars or ultramarines were no different in gameplay but they looked very different. I mean difference between all those imperial provinces' army is minimal. It can work just fine with this way.
    Last edited by cenkiss; April 22, 2015 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    Hype feeds on fantasy, isn't it? I go back to my previous post, this must have some kind of supervisión or blessing by GAMES WORKSHOP. So I guess there is a fair ammount of fidelity, or is GAMES WORSHOP usually ciritizised by WARHAMMERS fans?
    Games Workshop is very often critisized by fans and customers for various reasons. For instance...around half a year ago they decided to advance the timeline in the warhammer setting, and many folks were displeased in the process. The setting has been basically rebooted, they brought about a cataclysmic chain of events known as The End Times. For the time being it looks like they smashed the world many people had been loving for decades, we are waiting to see what's left of it after the dust settles down. The game will probably feature this, one way or another.

With that said, you are completely right. They must've been breathing on CA's necks when it comes to quality control.

Will the Empire be represented as a single homogeneous faction? Or will there be sub-factions or at least unit variation to represent the various Elector Counts?

WhooLong's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
    Yesterday i was holding on to the hope that Bretonnia would be a playable faction as i love that faction from Warhammer novels. Now i am sad that they won't be a faction in the game. That's a bummer!
    Don't worry m8, there are five factions at launch, you can expect a DLC or expansion after 2 or 3 weeks, with Blood and Gore DLC + Special units if you pre-order the next expansion thait will be released as multiple DLC!

I'm so done with total war games. I was looking forward to a Warhammer total war, thinking that CA would be bound by Games Workshop to make a "full game" with lots of races etc... I see it will be another half-arsed quickly made game, that modders are going to spend hours trying to fix. Another pathetic money grab, like Rome II, and Attila.
    your dragons.

EDIT: Thaught there were six factions, there is only five....
    Last edited by WhooLong; April 22, 2015 at 12:19 PM.

Lord Baratheon's Avatar Decanus

lol, Warhammer fans are about to learn a big lesson in video game developer shilling and marketing hype.

What is it with you CA, why do you dogmatically insist on continuing to use the undeniably crap war-, sorry, TW3 engine?
    Remember, remember, the third of september, the Rome II treason and plot. I know of no reason why pre-order treason should ever be forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vardeus View Post
    They must've been breathing on CA's necks when it comes to quality control.
    I hope they include quality control lol, there's enough raping of the Warhammer franchise with D-class "games" they have given permissions. WH40k: The Horus Heresy - Drop Assault? WH40k: Regicide? WH Fantasy: The End Times - Vermintide? WH Fantasy: Warhammer Quest? BURN THESE HERETICS.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Our Rules Have Changed
    You all just saying it now? You already changed since Rome 2's release.

The quote on your trailer though, Still ironic.

Trilogy. So like a story line? or games that add new content to the previous one more like Rome II and Attila couple? So guided campaign in three chapters or three different sandbox scenarios?
    Last edited by Bethencourt; April 22, 2015 at 12:38 PM.

Kinda predictable, 4 races with Bretonnia as dlc, second installment with the jungle/wood races like the high/wood/dark elves and lizardmen, third installment with the chaos races like the deamons, skaven, beastmen, etc. There are what 14/15 races enough for adding dlc. We will see if it is something worth buying.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Not in my top 3 Total War titles I'd like to see, not moddable, Warhammer something I have no real care about... Good luck selling this one to me CA, especially considering only Napoleon was the one game I could play and enjoy unmodded.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!