Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] SSHIP - New Buildings and Units / UI and INFO Cards

Icon4 [Preview] SSHIP - New Buildings and Units / UI and INFO Cards

SSHIP - New building UI and INFO cards

We are proud to present you a first small overview of the new buildings UI / INFO cards and stats of SSHIP.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

On the image above you see the new and updated versions for the "health" buildings.
    I tried to give every culture a slightly different look. Only Northern- and Eastern-Europeans, as well as Southern-Europeans and Greek got the same.

Some additional info about the stats:

Well = available in large_town / and building_present_min_level stonemason quarry
    happiness_bonus bonus 1 / population_health_bonus bonus 1

Cistern = available in city / and building_present_min_level stonemason stonecarver
    happiness_bonus bonus 1 / population_health_bonus bonus 3

Bath House = available in city / and building_present_min_level stonemason stonecarver and building_present_min_level logging_camp carpenter
    happiness_bonus bonus 2 / population_health_bonus bonus 4

Public Bath = available in large_city / and building_present_min_level stonemason stonemason and building_present_min_level logging_camp carpenter
    happiness_bonus bonus 3 / population_health_bonus bonus 6

Aqueduct = available in huge_city / and building_present_min_level stonemason stonemason and building_present_min_level education_university university
    happiness_bonus bonus 3 / population_health_bonus bonus 8
    (Aqueduct is only available for greeks and papal_states)

UPDATE - May 03, 2015
    Another preview for the wooden/stone construction buildings.

Every settlement needs wood and stone to construct other buildings. So all this buildings will be necessary to construct other buildings and will also provide some construction cost bonuses.

Here a preview how the new farms will look like.

UPDATE - May 04, 2015
    Here are a preview from some of the other buildings.

New jousting lists, tourney fields, siege works, bakery, pastry shop, mines and local guards ...

Histrogram for the above image:
    NE = Northern- and Eastern Europeans
    SE = Greek and Southern Europeans
    ME = Middle Eastern

UPDATE - May 09, 2015
    Preview for the new building INFO cards.

The scroll will replace all building info cards in the game, also the vanilla ones ...

SSHIP - New unit UI and INFO cards

A first sneak peek for the new unit INFO cards.
    Some of the vanilla (SS 6.4) unit INFO cards didn't show the right unit and / or variate in the image size.
    The new info cards will show you the correct unit in-game, all in the same resolution and with a lot of different borders for the images.
    There will be different borders for every culture ... for the middle eastern factions ... more Arabic / Oriental in style!

On the images above you see mainly the new units from GeMiNi][Sandy. Only the Fyrd Spearmen are from Lord Hamilton.

Please notice: All the images shown above aren't final! There will maybe some changes on the design and the stats until the next SSHIP update.

If you have any further suggestions or want to give some feedback concerning those features, feel free to tell them here.

Last edited by Legio XV Apollinaris; May 09, 2015 at 06:01 AM. Reason: UPDATE - May 09, 2015
    The night was so black, as we planned to attack!

2D Artwork - Coder

Default Re: [Preview] SSHIP - New Buildings / Stats / UI Cards

Thank you for your effort Apollinaris, great work.

Senator

Awesome, good work!

Great job Apollinaris!continue with your work and show us more prewiews!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Thank you! Glad you like them!

UPDATE (May 05, 2015)
    Another preview for the wooden/stone construction buildings and the new farms. Check 1st post ...

2D Artwork - Coder

The farms look really really good!

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    Similarly MWY. However, the approximate date of the next release looks nicer .

the buildings are similarly except middle eastern ,no? they are cool but i think that the buildings resemble each other. And if you create unique building for some faction? as vikings buildings for norwegian or danish,some nomad building for cumans or mongol, unique building for fatimied or bizantynes....this is my opinion apollinaris,thank you
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuTAJIuK View Post
    Once again, we are not able yet to give a release date for the next version. Be sure that we're doing our best.

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna
    the buildings are similarly except middle eastern ,no? they are cool but i think that the buildings resemble each other. And if you create unique building for some faction? as vikings buildings for norwegian or danish,some nomad building for cumans or mongol, unique building for fatimied or bizantynes....this is my opinion apollinaris,thank you
    The main problem with the building cards is that they depend of the faction's culture. Considering your example, if we want to give a specific building card to the Danes and to the Norses, we will have to give them a proper culture or all the other NE factions would have the card.
    The culture limit in the game is 7. For now, we have 6 cultures: NE, SE, Greek, EE, Muslim and Pagans. I'm not sure that using the last culture available for Scandinavia is the best option. That's something that needs to be discussed.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that the preview is not the final version of the models. Legio XV Apollinaris has specified that the models are subject to change
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 04, 2015 at 02:12 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BuTAJIuK View Post
    Thank you MWY and BuTAJIuK

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    All buildings are always CULTURE and not factions wise! Every building takes a lot of time (1-2 hours) ... as example perspective aspects, coloring, ... etc. as well as i try to bring in the maximum details for each building. I can't produce for every faction or culture a different building, only slightly changes like other colors are sometimes possible. If i start to make the buildings factions wise (what isn't possible, as above mentioned), the next SSHIP update will arrive approximate in 2018. But there will be as example wooden churches for the eastern-european factions (novgorod, kievan rus, lithuania ...)! Unique buildings will be possible, as wonders as example ... Notre Dame, Cathedral of Santiago or the Cordoba Mosque ... more to come next!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Once again, we are not able yet to give a release date for the next version. Be sure that we're doing our best.

The main problem with the building cards is that they depend of the faction's culture. Considering your example, if we want to give a specific building card to the Danes and to the Norses, we will have to give them a proper culture or all the other NE factions would have the card.
    The culture limit in the game is 7. For now, we have 6 cultures: NE, SE, Greek, EE, Muslim and Pagans. I'm not sure that using the last culture available for Scandinavia is the best option. That's something that needs to be discussed.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that the preview is not the final version of the models. Legio XV Apollinaris has specified that the models are subject to change
    Indeed ... all buildings have to tested in-game before, not alone for the visual aspects ... also for the new and adjusted stats!

UPDATE - May 04, 2015
    3rd preview available ... see 1st post

Njoy

2D Artwork - Coder

Thank you for yours answer! Ok ,then if is not possible unique building for each faction you could make news wonders for some cities or castles of the submod..as historic wonders that it is not now in the submod, some important cathedral for venice,kiev...some wonder fur muslims or pagans...with it has news stats . I refer,for example, that if you conquest a city or castle that it has some wonder it is a great achievement for your faction( for its bonifications and for its historical fact)
    In my opinion mixed new cool units,new cool builts and new attributes,stats...this submod will be the best submod of medieval 2 total war!many people of my localization know this submod because i speak very well about it.Furthemore that you play at the game you learn much military history,cultures,great buildings,armies...
    This should be learn on schools hehehe
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; May 04, 2015 at 10:01 AM. Reason: merged
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Looking very nice!
    I assume you'll be doing every building icon, to ensure consistency?

Thank you for yours answer! Ok ,then if is not possible unique building for each faction you could make news wonders for some cities or castles of the submod..as historic wonders that it is not now in the submod, some important cathedral for venice,kiev...some wonder fur muslims or pagans...with it has news stats . I refer,for example, that if you conquest a city or castle that it has some wonder it is a great achievement for your faction( for its bonifications and for its historical fact)
    In my opinion mixed new cool units,new cool builts and new attributes,stats...this submod will be the best submod of medieval 2 total war!many people of my localization know this submod because i speak very well about it.Furthemore that you play at the game you learn much military history,cultures,great buildings,armies...
    This should be learn on schools hehehe
    Indeed, that's the plan about the unique buildings (wonders). I can't tell you actually if this will happen for every faction? Currently we re-touch all the exists buildings and also merge some together. The wood/stone construction buildings will play here a much more important role. We try to make the buildings trees much more complex, like: if you want to build a cathedral in a city, you have to make sure you have the stonemason constructed. But not only religious buildings, also military buildings will need specific other buildings to be constructed first, if you want to upgrade your barracks to a higher level! More info later on this ...
    As for the bonuses and historically facts ... SSHIP stands for Stainless Steel - Historical Improvement Project ... so we try to make this mod historically accurate! There will be no fantasy units, buildings, traits ... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    Looking very nice!
    I assume you'll be doing every building icon, to ensure consistency?
    Thank you!
    I can't tell you actually if every building will be re-done? Some of the later vanilla buildings, like cathedrals, military barracks ... fits very well i think. Other thing is, it is hard to find any good sources on the web for the middle-eastern (arabic/islamic) factions. Especially for military buildings. But i try my best to ensure consistency for every culture and building tree.
    Currently i have approximate 60 new building UI cards ready and i start to test them in-game now, how they fit to the overall visual content as well as checking the new and altered stats for every building.

Ohh.. and thank you for the rep!

2D Artwork - Coder

Apollinaris if you want a advice for me,you can find some icons factions for differents cultures in the mod of bellum crucis,it mod have a big variety icons for nordic,eastern.arabic,southern...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Apollinaris if you want a advice for me,you can find some icons factions for differents cultures in the mod of bellum crucis,it mod have a big variety icons for nordic,eastern.arabic,southern...
    Bellum Crucis is one of the most ambitious and complex MTW2 mods that I've seen, but from what I understand they don't allow anyone access to their work. Which is hypocritical because most of their Byzantine units are from Broken Crescent...

Oh, and these pics are gorgeous

looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Bellum Crucis is one of the most ambitious and complex MTW2 mods that I've seen, but from what I understand they don't allow anyone access to their work. Which is hypocritical because most of their Byzantine units are from Broken Crescent...

but I'm not saying take their icons , only to take them into account if he serves as a reference for their work
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Another option would be to use the remaining culture slot for unique settlement models like in Third Age TW. The only downside is that those settlements couldn't be upgraded, but I think they would greatly improve the campaign map.

I heard of this mod, but never checked them out, because there isn't an English or German translations yet
    But i'll download it now to check out the UI cards. Maybe i'll get some inspirations?! Thank you for the info!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadInTheWater View Post
    looks great!
    Thank you both

Another option would be to use the remaining culture slot for unique settlement models like in Third Age TW. The only downside is that those settlements couldn't be upgraded, but I think they would greatly improve the campaign map.
    Good idea, but there are only a few people here at TW-Center that are able to manipulate and/or create new settlement types! I really would like to see different settlement types ... a large city with an additional castle at some place or something similar would be very nice! Sad but true ... currently not possible!

2D Artwork - Coder

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legio XV Apollinaris
    Good idea, but there are only a few people here at TW-Center that are able to manipulate and/or create new settlement types! I really would like to see different settlement types ... a large city with an additional castle at some place or something similar would be very nice! Sad but true ... currently not possible!
    Note that _Tartaros_ in the H.E.L.P. project tries to gather modders to work with IWTE to create a kind of data base in where settlements would be improved (at least graphically). That source would be an open one (see Quote below):

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_
    no problem,
    may i ask: my dream is, to create a group that uses the iwte-tool to reform the regular me2tw cities/castles, like tatw does. that every mod can use it. i´m a total noob in iwte, but i think if more people get envolved we can make our failure once and learn from each other. maybe under guidance of more advanced users.

i created a thread in the Help-Forum - so if anyone is interessted to keep this rolling, i´m happy to see you there
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 05, 2015 at 01:45 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast