Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast

Thread: UNITS ROSTERS discussion

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: NEW FACTIONS UNITS ROSTERS

That would be my guess, pikemen have much larger spheres than normal infantry for example.

I'll let you guys who know what you're talking about figure that out!

I suggest adding 2 more units for muslims while Jihad is in process. Cavalry, and infantry. CAvalry can use model of amir ghulams, infantry can use models of dismounted amir ghulams.

EDIT: And instead of making separate 'andalucian berber' tropps, simply give to current berber troops availability in andalucian. This would give more diversity to chose from+ u have 2 unit slots free.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I might be wrong but could it relevant to the bounding sphere of the mesh model?

For the non-initiated: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounding_sphere

or...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Every model has a bounding sphere except stratmap ones. Basically, all what can be used in a battlemap, must have a bounding sphere: siege engines, mounts, soldiers, captains, generals... everybody. And yes, 99,9% of the non-Vanilla models around there have an incorrect one... and this is the result of the bad practice of using comments for new models taken from similar existing models. If you change only one extreme X/Y/Z axis extreme vertex, then you invalidate the bounding sphere since:

Given a non-empty set of points of finite extension in a 3-dimensional space, the bounding sphere for that set is the smallest 3-dimensional solid sphere containing all its points.

Hence, if you take a soldier and you change his weapon from a sword to a pike, you have invalidated the current bounding sphere and he will start behaving in a silly way.

If you want more information about this, I just wrote it down in the Technical Details spoiler of the first post. My tools can acually recalculate (hence, fix) the bounding sphere of a model during the conversion from MS3D to MESH. So basically, if you convert a MESH to MS3D and then convert the resulting MS3D model into a MESH again without making any change, you will have a fixed bounding sphere. I'm working on a tool that can fix bounding spheres on a large scale (fully recursive directory search) for the upcoming version.

If it's the case, we have to edit all meshes with the tool from Zarathos as it seems that most of them are wrong (according to Zarathos - in bold in the spoiler).

Edit: I might be wrong but before to do that or modify these stats, it might be better to wait until I've implemented all animations (not only the missile units one). I think the way an unit can behave while fighting will also bring some changes.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I'll try to explain that in an easy way.
    Each model has a bounding sphere. Basically, he's inside a spere. That spere sets out a volume that will interact with the unit behaviour.
    So if something enters in that sphere, the unit inside the said spere will react.
    Taking this into account, due to the spear/pike size, a spearman should have a bigger sphere than a swordman.

That's theoritical anyway and I'd need to make some tests to see how it works in reality.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

SSHIP team do you think implemented completely the rusichi models for rus and novgorod? i say this because there are some units as archers,druzhina,boyars that they have vainilla models...and i guess that you have permission or acces for implemented rusichi models no?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

Rusichi material is an opensource. Just note that we can't do everything in a short time period.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

a question for welsh longbowmen..they should recruitable at the beginning of the game in the region of Wales or as mercenaries no?

The origins of the English longbow are disputed. While it is hard to assess the significance of military archery in pre-Norman ConquestAnglo-Saxon warfare, it is clear that archery played a prominent role under the Normans, as the story of the Battle of Hastings shows. Their Anglo-Norman descendants also made use of military archery, as exemplified by their victory at the Battle of the Standard in 1138. During the Anglo-Norman invasions of Wales, Welsh bowmen took a heavy toll of the invaders and Welsh archers would feature in English armies from this point on. However, historians dispute whether this archery used a different kind of bow to the later English Longbow

Last edited by j.a.luna; February 28, 2016 at 06:16 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0010.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	718.9 KB 
ID:	335897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0009.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	642.5 KB 
ID:	335898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0008.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	634.8 KB 
ID:	335899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0007.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	611.6 KB 
ID:	335900Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0006.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	600.3 KB 
ID:	335901Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0005.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	581.9 KB 
ID:	335902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0003.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	580.7 KB 
ID:	335903Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0004.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	601.8 KB 
ID:	335904
    Sship team i would like propose some features and units...i looked the mod broken crescent 2.4 and i know that sship have much units about this mod, especially for middle east and muslims factions...
    so for MWY(he make new agents models) can look this models for byzantium agents in the first image, and also i proposed some time ago about the ecumenic patriarch of constantinople...broken crescent have something like that(2ºand 3º image) but also sship could add attributes for this figure...
    and the rest of images are for mongols roster...MWY said that could add some chinese units or asiatic units for early mongols and also due to in the current sship mongols only can recruit turgahut(elite and expensive unit) in castle...so sship could catch some units as chukonu, oriental spearmen..for mongols..models of units are in the images
    i don´t know if modder of broken crescent will borrow their mongols units buti take this idea because i think that is a good propose and solution for this lack of rosters and models agents and as in the past modders of broken crescent borrow their units it would be fantastic that they will repeat
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Hi SSHIP team, what you think about implemented outstanding byzantine units roster from Tsardoms?

Blog Entries

Tsardom is not released yet and I don't think they will agree to share their units before at least their release is done

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

It is now ! Don't be afraid to ask them
    No freedom was ever given by any request, nor good speech. Freedom is what you conquer !

Blog Entries

Well, that's a beta and "limited" release
    On the other hand, they seem quite open to share material. Let's see what kind of deal we can get

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Good luck.
    No freedom was ever given by any request, nor good speech. Freedom is what you conquer !

Blog Entries

Well, don't expect much from that mod included in SSHIP, at least for the early campaign. Their campaign starts in 1345 AD (more than 200 years after SSHIP).

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well the Roman roster isn't that much different in Tsardoms than here. The only units with late tech are Varangian Guard, which wear coat of plates, and upgraded Bodyguards, Dynatoi nobles (pronoiarii) and palace guards which have partial plate. The rest of the roster is pretty much the same and usable for early era. Some units have different names but that's all. I think you could really do with their Bulgarian units, that is if you plan to add this faction for late era.

sship team know something about polish roster? in the next patch will have some changes in their models?Piast nobles i like it but the rest of roster need work, much vainilla units and also they should have some unique infantry, maybe polish spearmen (with a mix into lithuanian spearmen and european or germanic spearmen) and also a new model for strelzy units (mounted crossbowmen)
    i think that polish and hungarian need much work in their roster and i know that this requires much times but I would be grateful if MWY or Lifth say something about this faction in the next patch
    thank you!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

SOME IDEAS FOR POLISH FACTION
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

EVOLUTION OF POLISH KNIGHT
    XII century:

XIII century:

XIV century:

Beginning of XV century:

Second half od XV century:

oTHER UNITS OF POLISH

An unique polish unit, light mazovian knight, armed as Lithuanians or Balts (guy at right plate side):
    Last edited by j.a.luna; May 31, 2016 at 05:25 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Cany you tell me how this unit from "Medieval Kingdoms" mod is called?