Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Units you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Units/creatures you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

Warpfire Thrower

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

One of the deadliest hand-held weaponry in Clan Skryre's arsenal, this weapons team has within their possession an extremely potent and dangerous piece of machinery. The Warpfire-Thrower is a very crude hand-held flamethrower, that showers their foes within a whirlwind of greenish flame, fuelled and fed by warpstone substances. A regular weapons team requires two Skaven to operate, one would hold the container and gear, while the other holds the muzzle of the gun and directs its fire. So dangerous is the Warpfire-Thrower in combat that it would eventual lead to the death of the weapons team, as the deadly but imperfect machinery will sometimes melt down and explode, causing death to the team and all those near them.

Poison Wind Mortar

A form of mobile light-artillery, instead of hand-throwing the Poisoned Wind globe at the enemy, a projectile launcher strapped to the back of another Gobladier fires the globe while another Globadier loads the ammunition in. The mortar will lob the globe at a longer distance than any Globadier could, giving the weapons team both range and mobility needed to support the troops.
    I'd love to see all the crazy inventions of the Skaven. I chose these two because they seem to have been removed from the Skaven roster (they don't appear on the Games Workshop site), which is a shame. I'd like them to bring back all removed units, for all factions.
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 25, 2015 at 09:48 PM.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Default Re: Units/creatures you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

I really wonder how'd they even do weapon teams, including jezzails, properly.

For one, they aren't independent units but kinda attachments to Clan Rat units;

and secondly, they are all crewed by two rats. I'd hope for CA to create single models, consisting of two rats, moving and fighting like one, and not simply redesign the weapons for one rat usage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seiten aus Skaven - 7th Edition.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	512.1 KB 
ID:	329008Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seiten aus Skaven - 7th Edition-2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	569.6 KB 
ID:	329009Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seiten aus Skaven - 7th Edition-3.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	586.9 KB 
ID:	329010Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seiten aus Skaven - 7th Edition-4.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	607.3 KB 
ID:	329011Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seiten aus Skaven - 7th Edition-5.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	625.2 KB 
ID:	329012

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I've seen miniatures and artworks depicting Skaven dual weilding warplock pistols and rifles. They don't HAVE to be attached to another clanrat, but they can have different jezzail and warpfire thrower variants, even as DLC. Wouldn't mind paying for Clan Skyre merc DLC, maybe, if it unlocked special technologies.
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
    I've seen miniatures and artworks depicting Skaven dual weilding warplock pistols and rifles.

I'd love to see that in Warhammer Total War as well, for some lords/heroes/officers.
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 22, 2015 at 02:18 PM.
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

I'm optimistic that once a race comes, it comes with all unit that armybook offers (not with all named heroes or "legendary regiments" without rules).
    This is base on the fact that we seen very obscure units from the empire, which don't surprise if you think about it, because those are usually the most interesting of a race.

How they implement some of the "obscure" units, as weapons teams? Who knows, there is a couple of options for that:
    Attachment to the unit: close to the TT, with the difference that they don't move/act independent from the unit, but walking with it and use they range weapon. The most interesting part here, would the: how you choose. Every combination a own unit? Or do you simply choose after recruitment/before battle which to use?
    Units own they own: would be a break of the TT, but I think it can work reasonable.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    they are all crewed by two rats. I'd hope for CA to create single models, consisting of two rats, moving and fighting like one, and not simply redesign the weapons for one rat usage.
    Shouldn't be that hard. There are plenty of games which do that (or even more complicated).

For instance, the machinegun teams in Company of Heroes, with one guy carrying the base and helping with the ammo while the other dude carries and mans the gun. And not only that, they mount and dismount it everytime they have to use it. It's after all just an animation.

Yeah, but CoH games don't have melee for example, the DoW games for example ( which are basically CoH with melee ) don't feature anything like it.

_

Since we're on a similar topic. Anyone noticed how the artillery gun crews in the black fire pass gameplay only have a three man crew; no spares like in other TW games.

It's possible that it will be similar to Empire and arty crews (aka annoying) they only can die together, aka either both crew-members die or none.

That arty crew thing is interesting, not sure if that actually means something or not.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Yeah, but CoH games don't have melee for example, the DoW games for example ( which are basically CoH with melee ) don't feature anything like it.
    I don't think it makes a difference. If they treat the unit as just one soldier (even when the model has several people), then it's just the same. If you for some reason want each of the crewmen to behave as an individual soldier, then it shouldn't be very different from the way artillery crews are currently handled.

I don't know, it's not something I really care a lot about. It's the kind of stuff in which the simplest workaround does it for me.

By the way, CoH does have "melee" in a way, you can run over infantrymen with your tanks (dammit everytime I mention that game I get annoyed at how good and detailed it was even when it was released in 2006 and how nowdays in the other hand implementing simple stuff is apparently the hardest of things for much bigger companies...).

you can run over infantrymen with your tanks
    Well, I'd expect the same from the steam tank here; atleast in the TT its considered a chariot and thus is great at crushing stuff smaller than it.

Well, I'd expect the same from the steam tank here; atleast in the TT its considered a chariot and thus is great at crushing stuff smaller than it.
    In the little we saw of it, we never saw it doing anything in close combat.
    But I suspect that you can do two things: crush through the enemy and use the steam cannon for a close up AE attack.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Actually, in Dawn of war Dark Crusade, Imperial Guard faction has a gunnary team. Although only one dude appears and carries the gear, when he sets up there are two guardsman, one feeding ammo and the other using it. Though the unit doesn't have melee animation once it is set up.

I agree with HigoChumbo, think it can easily be handled. Or the old artilerry system could do it anyway.
    Last edited by Aquila_Mars; August 23, 2015 at 02:17 AM.

DoW2 does have weapon teams like in CoH1/2 (same engine). Melee works fine in that situation, although i'm not sure how the animations hold up (don't really want to waste all my internet installing and patching to find out). Also to note, a lot less models involved, and i have no idea if the way that multi-person units are constructed in each game are comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    dammit everytime I mention that game I get annoyed at how good and detailed it was even when it was released in 2006 and how nowdays in the other hand implementing simple stuff is apparently the hardest of things for much bigger companies...
    The same here. The animations, the visual details and effects, the sounds...CoH had so much going for it.

I know this is stretching this thread topic, but I would like to add the heroes I want to see:

Empire:
    Markus Wulfhart
    He is interesting, since is not really base on a standard hero/commander (unlike most of the TT characters). Also you could be a nice addition to a army. A very good archers which, after some quest, comes with his own elite unit of archers which snipe away enemy monsters. I he gets into close combat, he is screw, but before that he can put down those beast the empire must fear the most.

Marius Leitdorf, Count of Averland, the mad Count
    As possible faction leader(he is a count DUH!), this guy is just fun. While not as close as a power house as a Karl Franz on Deathclaw (kinda a balance problem), thanks to his prime adviser, he will lead the Empire to glory!
    "A Troll a Troll, oh Sigmar help me, it is a Troll!"

Grant Theogonist Volkmar the Grimm
    This guy is interesting since he could get the Altar of Sigma, a powerful chariot. Now since he is kinda also a leader of the Empire, he could be a possible Karl Franz replacement. On the other hand, since he is "Pope" it could well be that we can't control him.

I'm not saying that I don't want to see the other guys (Balthasar Gelt is kinda confirmed as character), quite the opposite, but those three are my favourites.

BTW: We know that all 8 lores of magic will be in the game.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioGermanicus View Post
    Grant Theogonist Volkmar the Grimm
    This guy is interesting since he could get the Altar of Sigma, a powerful chariot. Now since he is kinda also a leader of the Empire, he could be a possible Karl Franz replacement. On the other hand, since he is "Pope" it could well be that we can't control him.
    Speaking of the Grand Theogonist, I wonder how they'll implement religion. The old system is a bit too limited I feel to do justice this time around. Any ideas, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by aquila_mars View Post
    Speaking of the Grand Theogonist, I wonder how they'll implement religion. The old system is a bit too limited I feel to do justice this time around. Any ideas, anyone?
    That depends how much "logic" you aspects. The Empire has many religions, Sigma only being the main cult. Is there a connection between the race of the population and religion? I don't think the dwarves of the Empire worship Sigma...

One of the main things should be of course the suppression of Chaos cults, but how you interact with dwarves and orcs on the religion side? Hard to tell.

DoW2 does have weapon teams like in CoH1/2 (same engine).
    Thats not at all how it works in DoWII. Completely different systems.

All set-up weapons in DoWII are carried and operated by a single model. They are part of that model.

In CoH and CoH2, support weapons are actively crewed by one ( heavy machine guns ), two ( mortars and packs ) or three or four ( howitzers ) crew men. If the unit suffers so many losses that the gun can no longer be fully crewed its dropped and left behind on the battlefield; similar to how artillery crews in Total War games operate

Ok, thank you for the correction Orkfaeller, haven't played DowII in a while.

Sword Masters of Hoeth.

Personally, I just want to see them running forward into the battlefield deflecting arrows with their greatswords as they advance.

.... also White Lion Chariots.
    Forward, march!