Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Units you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Units/creatures you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

Squig Gobbas
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Squig Gobba, as it is known by the common soldiery of the Empire, is a fearsome sight amongst the Orc & Goblin hordes. Dragged and prodded onto the battlefield by its malevolent Night Goblin tenders, it is a huge beast with an oversized gaping maw, a set of extremely powerful lungs and a ravenous appetite to rival even that of a Troll! With the Squig Gobba heavily chained into position to prevent it bounding off after the first tasty morsel it spies, its tenders start dragging lesser squigs from the cages surrounding them as battle is joined, slicking these vicious beasts with foul-tasting noxious liquids. This not only renders the creatures senseless for a short time, but also prevents the Squig Gobba from immediately swallowing them as the stunned squigs are unceremoniously stuffed into its jaws!

Soon the Squig Gobba’s mouth will be full to bursting point, with thick globs of frothing acidic saliva dribbling constantly forth. Then it is only a matter of time before one of two things happen: either the Squig Gobba will vomit forth its mouthful of now monumentally furious lesser kin, causing chaos and panic on a grand (and thoroughly disgusting) scale amongst the enemy army’s ranks; or the great beast itself will explode in a blazing fireball, as the Night Goblin ‘concoctions’ that the squigs were coated in react spectacularly with the Squig Gobba’s stomach juices.
    Try to imagine this thing animated! I really hope all types of Squigs are in the game, even giant ones (even if very rare).
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 29, 2015 at 12:06 PM.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Default Re: Units/creatures you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

Quote Originally Posted by kelembribor21 View Post
    Some great units and creatures here , i would love to see ingame depiction of Warhammer artwork like this if possible ( with all units included of course ) :

And this maybe in expansion :

This is actually my all time fav. Artwork from WH. It's good to have Army book and look there from time to time. Need to get Army Book of The Empire as well.

Orc Animosity

I'm very curious how Animosity will be handled in the game mechanically and visually, on the campaign map and during battles. In the TT game you have to take an Animosity test every turn for every individual unit subject to it which meets certain conditions:
    • contains at least 5 models (so the size of the regiment is a determining factor)
    • is not engaged in combat
    • is not garrisoning a building
    • is not fleeing

The test is taken by rolling a D6, and Animosity occurs only on a roll of 1 (so it's quite infrequent). The effects of Animosity are determined by another D6 dice roll, and range from the unit brawling with another unit subject to Animosity within a certain range (and inflicting actual casualties; occurs on a roll of 1), the unit charging by itself against the nearest enemy within charge distance if possible (if not possible it loses its next turn; on a roll of 2-5), or the unit turning around by itself and dashing towards the nearest enemy (on a roll of 6).

Two friendly regiments engaging in a brawl, or members of the same regiment among themselves (with special fist-fighting animations) would be so flavorful (and fun to watch).
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 29, 2015 at 12:13 PM.
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by englisharcher89 View Post
    It's good to have Army book and look there from time to time.
    Indeed. I want to get my hands on (PDF versions of) all army books, to read them, and also because I like to screen-capture artworks from them.

Quote Originally Posted by scoicarius View Post
    Indeed. I want to get my hands on (PDF versions of) all army books, to read them, and also because I like to screen-capture artworks from them.
    The user "Prophet of Sotek" in the CA forums had somewhere a link to a collections of Warhammerbooks, which are not sell any more.

As for Animoristy:
    my reading is that it is only a campaign gameplay mechanic not a battle mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioGermanicus View Post
    The user "Prophet of Sotek" in the CA forums had somewhere a link to a collections of Warhammerbooks, which are not sell any more.
    Thats me actually :3
    Though Sotek is a great source for lore aswell.

ups.

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioGermanicus View Post
    As for Animoristy:
    my reading is that it is only a campaign gameplay mechanic not a battle mechanic.
    It would be a shame not to have it during battles as well.

---

All faction-specific chariots (especially the more monstrous ones)

Artworks (incomplete):

Tuskgor Chariot

Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh

Tiranoc Chariot

White Lion Chariot

Goblin Wolf Chariot

Orc Boar Chariot

Tomb Kings Skeleton Chariots

Tomb King

Black Coach

Chaos Chariot

Gorebeast Chariot

Miniatures:

Tuskgor Chariot

Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh

Exalted Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh

Cold One Chariot

Scourgerunner Chariot

Tiranoc Chariot

White Lion Chariot

Goblin Wolf Chariot

Orc Boar Chariot

Tomb Kings Skeleton Chariots

Settra the Imperishable

Black Coach

Chaos Chariot

Gorebeast Chariot

And last but not least, this:

How cool is that!
    Last edited by scoicarius; October 08, 2015 at 02:19 AM.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Dem stretch mate

I wonder if they'll be able to pull off monster pulled chariot-ish units. Because those are not entirely melee but not entirely trample units either.

Quote Originally Posted by aquila_mars View Post
    I wonder if they'll be able to pull off monster pulled chariot-ish units. Because those are not entirely melee but not entirely trample units either.
    There's a whole spectrum here, ranging from light to heavy. Some rely on impact alone, some rely on impact but are also good in melee (to a greater or lesser extent), others are more of the skirmish kind. The first and the third pretty much have to keep in motion at all times.
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 29, 2015 at 03:14 PM.

Undead pirates

Count Noctilus

Skeleton Pirates

Zombie Pirates

Lutr of the tribe Harkoni, was born in ancient times and was turned into a vampire by Abhorash, champion of Lahmia in Nehekhara. While serving in Lahmia he was master of the habour guard and one of Abhorash's four primary assistants (along with his cousin Walak of the palace guard). After the fall of Lahmia he traveled with his Sire to Mourkain to serve under king Ushoran. It is unknown how he survived the fall of Mourkain and the Strygos empire.

Many years later he came to Lustria after the ship carrying his coffin was attacked and looted by Norse pirates. Sometime after their ship stranded on the Vampire coast, and the pirates had become Zombies bound into Harkon's service. Shortly after, he headed inland, finding a Lizardman temple. Exploring the temple he uncovered an sealed vault. He ordered his zombie minions to break it open, but each time they did, a set of glowing glyphs drained the magic reanimating them and destroying them. Enraged, he attacked the vault with dark magic, but the glyphs were designed to stop Chaos sorcerers more powerful than him, and retaliated: they attacked his mind, leaving him mentally unstable ever after.

Establishing himself as the Pirate King of the Vampire Coast Harkon gathered an army of zombies made of corpses of pirates and sailors from around the world which he reanimated, as well as commanding a huge navy made up of their ships. His flagship fielded one of the most powerful cannons ever created - the "Queen Bess", a former Imperial Hellhammer Cannon. He became feared across the oceans of the world.
    Last edited by scoicarius; September 12, 2015 at 09:51 PM.

Skin Wolves

Many are the dark and nightmarish horrors that the Ruinous Powers have visited upon the world, yet few are as strange as the Skin Wolves of legend. The witch-curs’d and Chaos-tainted men and women afflicted with this gift from their unholy gods bear a mutation that does not show as a stigmata of the flesh, but instead lurks in the blood, a slumbering beast to be roused by dark sacrifice and unspeakable ritual.

When this horror is unleashed, there is no mere transformation from man into beast; instead a great humanoid wolf-thing bursts fully-formed from the body of the human. Lean and half-insane with Chaos-tainted hunger, the Skin Wolf is so-named for the scraps and tatters of flesh and chunks of gristle that cling to its hulking frame; all that remains of the human form it once bore. Only once battle is spent and their voracious hunger sated will the transformation be reversed, the flesh of the Skin Wolf collapsing into a pallid and terrible mass from which the human must tear itself free.

Skaven Wolf Rats

Not even the insidious rat-men themselves know the origins of the ravenous packs of Wolf Rats that are found almost everywhere that the Skaven themselves infest. Neither wholly rat or wholly wolf, but instead an aberrant and savage amalgamation of the two, Skaven Wolf Rats are kept by the rat-men for a myriad of uses; for guarding their lairs, as hunting beasts, and occasionally even as food. In battle packs of these hellish creatures will be unleashed ahead of Skaven troops, for unlike the cowardly rat-men the Wolf Rats are fearless shock troops, eager to feast upon the flesh of those who face their ferocious assault.
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 29, 2015 at 06:46 PM.

LÖD
    Last edited by Orkfaeller; August 29, 2015 at 06:55 PM.

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Skin Wolves

Skaven Wolf Rats

If anybody from CA is lurking, the Rat Wolf would make perfect mounts for Stormvermin.
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

^

You don't ride Wolfrats.

Skaven don't have any cavalry.
    Last edited by Orkfaeller; August 30, 2015 at 05:13 AM.

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    ^

You don't ride Wolfrats.

Skaven don't have any cavalry.
    They could use a cavalry unit or unlock cavalry once they reach topside. Or add them in DLC.
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
    They could use a cavalry unit or unlock cavalry once they reach topside. Or add them in DLC.
    I think he meant as in Lorewise, but I suppose for Gameplay sake some things could be tweaked. An example Bretonnia knights don't fight on foot, but woe the player that'll have them glued to their horses when there are black orcs on the walls

Quote Originally Posted by aquila_mars View Post
    I think he meant as in Lorewise, but I suppose for Gameplay sake some things could be tweaked. An example Bretonnia knights don't fight on foot, but woe the player that'll have them glued to their horses when there are black orcs on the walls
    I really hope knights can dismount, like in Medieval Total War. I'd like them to diverge from the TT game (which is restrictive in many respects, by design and due to the nature of the medium) whenever it makes sense.
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 30, 2015 at 04:53 PM.

One thing I'd really like to see is configurable Arachnarok Spiders, that is, for the player to be able to customize their load. For instance I really like the model in the pictures below, with a spider-web altar on top (which could be functional, maybe giving some kind of buff to your units, so you'd have to decide between more firepower or the buff).
    Here's what I had in mind (captured by me from the End Times books):

The last one is pure awesomeness.

Chaos Cities

The Inevitable City in Warhammer Online was truly exceptional in terms of design and atmosphere:

Last edited by scoicarius; August 30, 2015 at 04:40 PM.