Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

Default Re: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

Quote Originally Posted by azgard View Post
    Season for milking players officially begun!

In the link concept map for the upcoming game:
    https://i.imgur.com/G9qE8u1.jpg
    According to the map the elven territory doesn't exist ?

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ayylmango View Post
    They're young people and they missed out on the era of gaming when this sort of disgusting practice wasn't commonplace.
    Add to that, they are more than likely people who are using their parents money to buy these games. No wonder they defend the practice, more content, and somebody else pays for it.

They keep using arguments like "it is a business practice" and/or "they develop it later, why you cry about more stuff?"

to both of these, I don't sell the computers I assemble to people and then say "Oh I forgot you paid full price for your machine but if you want me to add a power core to it/HD to it (even though I should have put them in already), you'll have to pay me MOAAR."

For the second one, how could they be making it LATER when they announce it 6/7 months before release? Please...

Just no.
    Last edited by Radzeer; October 22, 2015 at 06:53 PM. Reason: continuity
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Chaos was only added in an expansion pack Chaos rising in Dawn of war 2
    Last edited by Radzeer; October 22, 2015 at 08:26 PM. Reason: continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbossbalrog View Post
    Don't disturb them with facts.

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

CA said there would only be 4 playable races in TW: Warhammer, with others in DLC, FLC, and expansions. Chaos is not listed as one of those 4. Warriors of Chaos-not Chaos in general-are playable as a pre-order bonus. They are still in TW:Warhammer, you just cant play them.

I think its a bit scuzzy yeah, but its not like they broke any major promises or set a kitten on fire, cool it people.

To those worried about pre-ordering: Remember that steam refunds are a thing now. If you want the free stuff with none of the risk of pre-ordering, buy the game now, don't play it till the reviews come out and if it's a stinker refund the item. It's what I plan to do because I also figure refunding will teach them a bigger lesson than simply not buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbossbalrog View Post
    Except 40k is large enough for a game without any chaos involved. Warhammer Fantasy is not.

You can be in A subsector in B segmentum and have nothing to do with Chaos. In Warhammer Fantasy if you have empire in, chaos is unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila_Mars View Post
    Except 40k is large enough for a game without any chaos involved. Warhammer Fantasy is not.

You can be in A subsector in B segmentum and have nothing to do with Chaos. In Warhammer Fantasy if you have empire in, chaos is unavoidable.
    Not really, 40K has Chaos and the Imperium, I mean it parallels Fantasy in a lot of ways. Chaos/Imperium is basically the same as Chaos/Empire.

Chaos is a huge part of 40k, its a defining element of it.

I don't mind it being DLC, BUT NO KHORNE? I MAD. I was expecting it since the twitter contest, the text literally said "chaos is next". Mr Suneater will be half-map sized lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    Not really, 40K has Chaos and the Imperium, I mean it parallels Fantasy in a lot of ways. Chaos/Imperium is basically the same as Chaos/Empire.

Chaos is a huge part of 40k, its a defining element of it.

It is a defining element, but that is not my point.

You can have entire campaigns spanning star systems in 40k without a gist of chaos involved. In Warhammer fantasy where the entire EMPIRE is involved, you have chaos up north. It is not a matter of debate. The post I replied to says chaos came with Chaos Rising, which is in 40k. In 40k you can have a place without any chaos forces.

In fantasy chaos is always up north and within an arms reach.

You can have entire campaigns spanning star systems in 40k without a gist of chaos involved. In Warhammer fantasy where the entire EMPIRE is involved, you have chaos up north. It is not a matter of debate. The post I replied to says chaos came with Chaos Rising, which is in 40k. In 40k you can have a place without any chaos forces.

you could easily cut of the map north of kislev, still having a lot to play with and not chaos on the map.

You can have entire campaigns spanning star systems in 40k without a gist of chaos involved. In Warhammer fantasy where the entire EMPIRE is involved, you have chaos up north.
    So? There's orc invasions, Undead invasions, etc threatening the Empire nothing to do with chaos.

It is not a matter of debate.
    Yeah it is.

The post I replied to says chaos came with Chaos Rising, which is in 40k. In 40k you can have a place without any chaos forces.
    Huh? You can have ten battle reports on youtube in FB TT and you'll be lucky to get two Chaos battles. Same as 40k.

Well one's set in a galaxy and the other one world so.. yeah the factions are gonna be closer to each other and you could say that of all of them. Lizardmen? Got to be in the game. Only a continent away from the empire. I'm pretty sure the immaterium is all-pervasive considering that's how the Imperium's ships get around.

No idea where you are going with this.
    Last edited by Markas; October 22, 2015 at 05:26 PM.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    CA said there would only be 4 playable races in TW: Warhammer, with others in DLC, FLC, and expansions. Chaos is not listed as one of those 4. Warriors of Chaos-not Chaos in general-are playable as a pre-order bonus. They are still in TW:Warhammer, you just cant play them.

I think its a bit scuzzy yeah, but its not like they broke any major promises or set a kitten on fire, cool it people.
    Yeah lets ignore that this is announced 6 and a half months before the release of the game and assume that they're all good people who would cut out a piece of the game just so they could sell it back as pre-order bonus.

Are you really his gullible?

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioGermanicus View Post
    you could easily cut of the map north of kislev, still having a lot to play with and not chaos on the map.
    True, but when I said arms reach I meant what Markas says. They are on one world. So factions are pretty much closer to each other.

Like this isn't even about Warhammer Total War, I just saw a 40k thing and replied to it. No need to start a flame war over it.

I mean after all, chaos is in the game. One way or another.

No idea where you are going with this.
    I'm not going anywhere with this Markas, I saw a 40k example of how chaos was introduced and I felt the need to point out the difference of Space and a Planet. To point out the chaos rising campaign is a whole expansion adding a new faction and a whole new campaign to the game. It wasn't just a "faction" dlc.

Before any of you say... I don't consider playing with different factions, different campaigns. There is one campaign, and there are different points of view in that campaign. (My humble opinion but there it goes)
    Last edited by Aquila_Mars; October 22, 2015 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LionElJonson View Post
    Yeah lets ignore that this is announced 6 and a half months before the release of the game and assume that they're all good people who would cut out a piece of the game just so they could sell it back as pre-order bonus.

Are you really his gullible?
    I dont really get your point, because they made pre-orders I am gullible for thinking they arent evil? Is that what you are saying

To point out the chaos rising campaign is a whole expansion adding a new faction and a whole new campaign to the game. It wasn't just a "faction" dlc.
    And that's fair enough, I mean, an entire playable faction with all the accoutrements? Pfft. Seems they really want people to pre-order, and that's understandable to get early revenue, but after Rome 2 surely they would realize how this would look to the more *ahem* passionate fanbase over pre-orders?
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

True, but when I said arms reach I meant what Markas says. They are on one world. So factions are pretty much closer to each other.

Like this isn't even about Warhammer Total War, I just saw a 40k thing and replied to it. No need to start a flame war over it.

I mean after all, chaos is in the game. One way or another.
    Markas simple reminded you of a simple fact: it isn't the first that that a warhammer/40k product doesn't give you chaos to play with or against and waited till a add-on.
    Which isn't really different from DLC.
    The "chaos is close" is nonsense, since chaos is always close in one form a other in both warhammer and 40k.

And replying to you isn't "starting a flame war" only because we don't agree with you.

I'm not going anywhere with this Markas, I saw a 40k example of how chaos was introduced and I felt the need to point out the difference of Space and a Planet. To point out the chaos rising campaign is a whole expansion adding a new faction and a whole new campaign to the game. It wasn't just a "faction" dlc.
    Having a new race/faction in TW is having a new campaign. and that for a lot less money.

You get awful defensive for someone who has no problem denouncing people who doesn't agree with you as immature children.
    Last edited by ScipioGermanicus; October 22, 2015 at 05:48 PM.

I don't really, Scipio. I stopped giving two turds about arguments a long time ago. I'm just stating my opinion, nobody has to like it.

But I don't like it and get defensive when people drag my point to other places where I never intended them to be in. This whole thing started because I was talking about the difference in 40k and Fantasy size and turned into a DLC thing somehow.

Chaos is in the game, that is all fine and good. I don't play them so I don't really care about this pre-order thing so whatever. Also I never called either of you immature children. Neither have I stated you were starting a flame war by disagreeing with me (what I mean by flame war is a pointless argument, which is what we are doing right now).

I notice you do this alot in every time we argue about something. Twist my words to mean what you want them to mean. I respectfully request that you stop that.

I don't really, Scipio. I stopped giving two turds about arguments a long time ago. I'm just stating my opinion, nobody has to like it.
    So you basically want freedom of the speech others?
    And the "I don't care what others think" responds sounds cool on paper, but usually gets embarrassing if you example:
    But I don't like it and get defensive when people drag my point to other places where I never intended them to be in. This whole thing started because I was talking about the difference in 40k and Fantasy size and turned into a DLC thing somehow.
    if you go on telling why you give more than 2 turds about it.
    As for the "dragging" part... this thread is about chaos being pre order dlc.
    Something I though you would have notice.
    Chaos is in the game, that is all fine and good. I don't play them so I don't really care about this pre-order thing so whatever. Also I never called either of you immature children.
    That is a flat out lie.

Neither have I stated you were starting a flame war by disagreeing with me (what I mean by flame war is a pointless argument, which is what we are doing right now).
    Because responding while disagree is starting a flame war... lol
    I notice you do this alot in every time we argue about something. Twist my words to mean what you want them to mean. I respectfully request that you stop that.
    Oh really?
    i will forget that this goes against:
    I don't really, Scipio. I stopped giving two turds about arguments a long time ago.
    And simply ask you to stop lying and to denounced others becasue they don't share your views.

For example things like this:
    Add to that, they are more than likely people who are using their parents money to buy these games. No wonder they defend the practice, more content, and somebody else pays for it.
    I know you feel clever because you just general denounce people instead of individually, but allow me to tell you: you are not.
    Last edited by ScipioGermanicus; October 22, 2015 at 06:11 PM.

That is a flat out lie.
    How exactly do you know this? I was being quite sincere.

Oh really?
    i will forget that this goes against:
    It doesn't in any way. I don't care about arguments, that doesn't mean I don't care about people who either misunderstand or deliberately twist what I'm saying.

And simply ask you to stop lying and to denounced others becasue they don't share your views.

For example things like this:
    This is from another thread, and is replied to something that goes with the text. You keep saying things about business practice, well we are the customer part, anything that gets more money out of us is something we are not supposed to like. That is how business goes, if you didn't know.

And so, I'm still not seeing the part in which I called you an immature child. So you do twist my words after all, you completely ignore and quote me with unrelated things or dodge around the statements. Every time we talk about something.

And then you make barely veiled insults
    *I know you feel clever* *but allow me to tell you: you are not.*
    where you are clearly calling me an idiot/stupid.

I'm done with you Scipio. That is all I have to say.