Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Wow, England actually held off the Scots.

I agree with your observation about the the Byzantines. I wouldn't nerf them too much, as they should have advantages over most factions. But maybe increase upkeep?

Quote Originally Posted by guy1 View Post

I agree with your observation about the the Byzantines. I wouldn't nerf them too much, as they should have advantages over most factions. But maybe increase upkeep?
    The Byzantines could be nerfed in 2 ways, one would be having to face some powerful Rum Turks in Anatolia (for example giving 2 full invasion armies to Rum Turks at the beginning of the game) and also reflecting in some way the palace intrigues, betrayals, murders and Byzantine conspiracies that the empire actually suffered and was key to its decline, when suddenly a "rival" would emerge with an army to depose the current emperor.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

There's now one mechanism conducive for such an outcome: after a province is conquered by a non-core faction, an insurgence army is spawned (even for the AI). As a result, the previous instances of conquests with a small army of undefended backyard AI provinces should be limited.

Makes a VH campaign essential then, I'd say.

Makes a VH campaign essential then, I'd say.
    This is in effect at H and VH difficulties, at E and M is off.

I Thought I would share my experiences with the Rus campaign.
    Rus is economically very weak, several times when my merchants were dying I fell into debt. The Cumans were a strong opponent. I had to defend cities such as Kyiv, Perlejesław, Suzdal, and Smolensk by winning unequal battles. Heroic victories allowed me to fend off the Cumans, and when they attacked the Seljuqs, I even managed to recapture the 3 cities they occupied in the East, next to Suzdal. I also took Halyh and Iassi and Twargoviste. In the following time I refrained from attacking the east-south Cuman areas because of the Mongol attack. I was hoping the Cumans would weaken them a bit if they defended themselves. At that time, however, after the destruction of Novgorod, the Lithuanians attacked me. The photos show their surprise attack, unfortunately it happened at the same time as the death of my two merchants. I only defended myself with the advantage of the cavalry over their infantry in truly poisonous battles. The campaign gave me a lot of fun .
    Factions such as Norway and Aragon dominate the rest of Europe, which is a big surprise, especially Norway.

I find the vh / vh difficulty level in this mod to be a good challenge. It is not easy to win, the campaign is never boring and the development of the country's economy becomes very important. I really am very impressed with SSHIP.

Last edited by Grathus; June 08, 2022 at 06:17 AM. Reason: misstake in the name one oth the cities

Very interesting - I've seen such expansion of Aragon (and it's historically plausible), but I haven't seen such of Norway.
    Can you upload a save, pls? I will be able to have a look at the developments of economy etc..

I am sending a link to save the game.

https://files.fm/u/4zh332fhs

The photos I uploaded in the post are older than my current campaign. I took a lot of screenshots but I was able to share only these 2. There is always some sharing error from the later stages of the campaign.
    After loading the game save, the campaign turn will be about 70 turns higher (or more) than in the screenshots.

At a later stage, Aragon gradually defeats the Norwegians. The Mongols dominate Egypt and occupy Constantinople.

The specificity of Norway's progress was that they first defeated the Danes together with HRE. Later, together with Venice, they defeated HRE, then together with Aragon they defeated France. Overall, throughout the entire campaign, many factions dominated in Europe and then lost their dominance. Ultimately, it is certain that Aragon will win.

I will describe how it happened:
    First, it was dominated by Poland, but after the crusade over Polish Prussia, they lost their domination. The French took over almost all of Poland. Norway was in Germany between the French territories. Then Aragon and Norway defeat the French.
    The Pope called for a crusade against Aragonese Barcelona 3 times but that did not stop them.
    Also You can see Lithuania is now very week it is because Norwey dominated them saved me
    In general, a lot is happening on the map, sometimes factions are close to collapse and in 70 turns they will become dominant, such as England.

I noticed that Ai is very good and logical diplomacy. The AI does not wage war blindly and often starts new wars after destroying the faction it is currently fighting.

EDDIT: I would like to ask if file map cleaner is frequent launched is that affect the campaign AI behavior? I used this file every 15 turns and then loaded the save game.
    Last edited by Grathus; June 09, 2022 at 05:29 AM. Reason: More information in one post

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

All these factional upheavals are amazing !
    It should be specified with which version of the game you play and if it is in VH / VH. If I remember correctly, you were one of those who tested the SSHIP_098 version of April 7, right?
    In any case, thanks for sharing!

Good question for the cleaner. I don't think it can modify the AI ​​but I'm not knowledgeable enough to say so.

Thank You for reply.

It's version of April 7 and vh/vh campaign

I would like to add that the rum sultanate survived until the 100th turn. I remember that they were always got defeated very early in old mod version 0,97.

I am very happy with 0,98

Quote Originally Posted by Grathus View Post
    I am sending a link to save the game.

https://files.fm/u/4zh332fhs

The photos I uploaded in the post are older than my current campaign. I took a lot of screenshots but I was able to share only these 2. There is always some sharing error from the later stages of the campaign.
    After loading the game save, the campaign turn will be about 70 turns higher (or more) than in the screenshots.

At a later stage, Aragon gradually defeats the Norwegians. The Mongols dominate Egypt and occupy Constantinople.

The specificity of Norway's progress was that they first defeated the Danes together with HRE. Later, together with Venice, they defeated HRE, then together with Aragon they defeated France. Overall, throughout the entire campaign, many factions dominated in Europe and then lost their dominance. Ultimately, it is certain that Aragon will win.

I will describe how it happened:
    First, it was dominated by Poland, but after the crusade over Polish Prussia, they lost their domination. The French took over almost all of Poland. Norway was in Germany between the French territories. Then Aragon and Norway defeat the French.
    The Pope called for a crusade against Aragonese Barcelona 3 times but that did not stop them.
    Also You can see Lithuania is now very week it is because Norwey dominated them saved me
    In general, a lot is happening on the map, sometimes factions are close to collapse and in 70 turns they will become dominant, such as England.

I noticed that Ai is very good and logical diplomacy. The AI does not wage war blindly and often starts new wars after destroying the faction it is currently fighting.

EDDIT: I would like to ask if file map cleaner is frequent launched is that affect the campaign AI behavior? I used this file every 15 turns and then loaded the save game.
    You don't need to launch the cleaner - it's needed only when you apply a patch over the installation. For the April 7th there's no patch yet, so no need to use it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    You don't need to launch the cleaner - it's needed only when you apply a patch over the installation. For the April 7th there's no patch yet, so no need to use it at all.

Thank You for Your response.

Here's a Sicilian empire by Rebond at turn 297 (SSHIP v.98 of April 2022):

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Here's a Sicilian empire by Rebond at turn 297 (SSHIP v.98 of April 2022):

It's great to see the effects of so many campaign turns. I am excited that the level of the challenge is so high that the empire has to be built by many turns. Sicily is one of my favorite countries in the game and when you see this screen shot you can imagine many years of wars with the Moors, Pisa or Aragon. I must try sicily next

I've got default AI only timelapse and save games up to 1548 AD on v.98. Anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by fehaxa8268 View Post
    I've got default AI only timelapse and save games up to 1548 AD on v.98. Anyone interested?
    This will always be usefu! It's on April 7th version, or another one?

Yes, as I said it's on beta version 0.98 from April. Campaign is on very hard with requirement of governors(not sure how significant it is for bots on this mod). Timelapse is choppy and might cause seizures... For some reason its hard to turn back gui on this mod and I had to use script for workaround.

https://pixeldrain.com/u/x8dSz8cU

This is impressive - minhnd6789 game with 098 ver. 2022 April 7th

Turn 220:

Turn 236:

Egypt is back under Roman control!

Mongols just declared war but I was able to peace out with big bribe.
    I've been allied with Georgia since beginning of the game.

Last edited by dfz; November 07, 2022 at 12:05 AM.

an enjoyable campaign with the Abbasids, managed to get my king crowned for the first time.

The AI felt indeed more collaborative and interactive than the previous versions. The Georgians were a realiable enough ally to keep the Seljuks under constant attacks. while my alliance with the Papal States spared me from being crusaded. The Kingdom of Jerusalem was not an easy ally to have as the Abbasids since we both share claims on the Levant. yet I managed to take Edessa and Damascus from them through sabotaging builduings, thus the cities turn rebel, and once they do, my armies enter for conquest. overall it was a satisfying coordination with the AI.

an interesting and lovely detail I noticed was the Norweigian naval attack on Scotland, resulting in moving the Norweigian capital to northern England.

My world in 1206 AD

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by a Dictator's Cigar; December 02, 2022 at 07:42 PM.