Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Orcs Campaign Playthrough

Default Orcs Campaign Playthrough

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet: https://youtu.be/vJUWImJUZrU

Thing is, it looks like dwarven karaks might be too easily starvable. Gosh I hope that's moddable too.

Default Re: Orcs Campaign Playthrough

Pretty impressive on all fronts, can't wait to see people starting storms over the tiniest perceived flaws. If I had one complaint it's that the buildings in the settlement management didn't have proper artwork, just abstract symbols which are functional but not really captivating.

Quote Originally Posted by damien007 View Post
    Pretty impressive on all fronts, can't wait to see people starting storms over the tiniest perceived flaws. If I had one complaint it's that the buildings in the settlement management didn't have proper artwork, just abstract symbols which are functional but not really captivating.
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-is-what-I-saw that thread right there is already complaining about the 20 unit limit. Agents take a slot in the unit limit, further lowering the unit count. Joey CA has said she's talking to the devs to see what their answer is to this, alot of people (like me) are pretty upset about this. All the DLC stuff didn't even bother me, but the 20 unit limit feels like a huge limitation/nerf, especially for the horde races.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Well, must say I'm impressed

certainly the map is gorgeous, as glimpsed in the previous Grimgor trailer. All landscape details; the city changing looks when switching owners is a nice touch I wish we had more of in TW.
    Character development with the skills and esp artifacts is promising and might be the best innovative thing awaiting us in the game. The flavor texts are there, big : from me!
    UI is nice and Faction tech t more interesting than those in rome and attila.
    I'm a bit worried about the replayability and hope CA manages to deliver at least a moderately competent CAI for sandbox campaign experience and challenge.

Very disappointed by the settlement management, on the other hand. Bland and generic dumb icons from rome 2 strike back and and the building chain is barebones and very primitive - colour coding is absurd here. I just really hope that settlements are better for other races, esp as it was mentioned Empire tech depends on what they build - Orcs aren't known for their urban development skills, after all.
    Don't like the Underway movement mode - pretty much forced march, could have been done in a more creative way.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Agents take a slot in the unit limit, further lowering the unit count.
    wow, this sucks so much. I can't really imagine what one puny witch-hunter could do to make me take him over a unit of Greatswords, for example
    Last edited by Beregond; December 03, 2015 at 09:25 AM.

Meraun's Avatar Decanus

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-is-what-I-saw that thread right there is already complaining about the 20 unit limit. Agents take a slot in the unit limit, further lowering the unit count. Joey CA has said she's talking to the devs to see what their answer is to this, alot of people (like me) are pretty upset about this. All the DLC stuff didn't even bother me, but the 20 unit limit feels like a huge limitation/nerf, especially for the horde races.
    Wahts wrong about 20 Units? It has alway been 20 Units...

Somethimes i just cant stand the TW-Community and the endless Whinning...whinning whinning... it like a bunch of like kids wich cry about the size of the Swordf of their new Toy... its pathetic..
    Last edited by Meraun; December 03, 2015 at 09:43 AM.

w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
    Meraun | HIVE | Community Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    wow, this sucks so much. I can't really imagine what one puny witch-hunter could do to make me take him over a unit of Greatswords, for example
    Well if the dwarf video is anything to go by each Hero is as powerful as an entire unit and can buff others, plus they can level up which I assume would them progressively more strong.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Quote Originally Posted by damien007 View Post
    Well if the dwarf video is anything to go by each Hero is as powerful as an entire unit and can buff others, plus they can level up which I assume would them progressively more strong.
    this could work perhaps, we'll see, but still these limitations are too severe

Btw, if Bretonnia is in from the beginning, anyone noticed Athel Loren? or is there only unpassable forest for now?

Meraun's Avatar Decanus

this could work perhaps, we'll see, but still these limitations are too severe

Btw, if Bretonnia is in from the beginning, anyone noticed Athel Loren? or is there only unpassable forest for now?
    It is in... did someone say DLC?

w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
    Meraun | HIVE | Community Veteran

Well, that was fun even to watch which I can't say for any campaign gameplay reveals in previous games. A few little things I didn't like such as the level-up pop-ups and some textures that are hopefully improved post-alpha, but overall looks good.

Seems like fighting Chaos Corruption is going to be a big thing.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

The only thing that hate about this is the fact that now we have 20 units limit which maybe they have a solution for in the terms Waghhhh armies for orkz as we have seen and necromancers for the unleaded which can can raise units in battle or out side of battle.
    This way you make sure that the good guys will be outnumbered buy the horde type armies....so that will take care of this problem.

The second thing i royally hate is the building system they took from ROME 2 which i find it to be limiting and dumped down.

Aside from that count me happy with what they have shown.

^And the building thing. That too. Let's have Attila's at least.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by Meraun View Post
    Wahts wrong about 20 Units? It has alway been 20 Units...

Somethimes i just cant stand the TW-Community and the endless Whinning...whinning whinning... it like a bunch of like kids wich cry about the size of the Swordf of their new Toy... its pathetic..
    It has not always been 20 units. For the last 3 games since Shogun 2 you could have up to 40 units. Now we're back to 20 units again which I think will greatly nerf greenskin armies against even just semi-elite dwarfs. You can love this game as much as you like, I don't even mind the DLC part of the game, but the unit limit is just killing my expectations for the game.

Senator

Better ranged DPS.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Looks great.

First thing I will do is up unit sizes, hopefully it's easily moddable.

Beautiful map and so many banners that seem to promise it will be fun uniting factions before facing them against each other, great detail with settlements and terrain and most of all

freaking Bretonnia !!!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

It has not always been 20 units. For the last 3 games since Shogun 2 you could have up to 40 units. Now we're back to 20 units again which I think will greatly nerf greenskin armies against even just semi-elite dwarfs. You can love this game as much as you like, I don't even mind the DLC part of the game, but the unit limit is just killing my expectations for the game.
    nope it has always been 20 units per stack, in the battle though u can bring i think 4or3 full stacks
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yeah, you could ONLY have mopre then 20 units per stack if you edited your savegame. 40 units were for custom battles and if two stacks attacked same target or were in friendly range to support.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by kelembribor21 View Post
    Beautiful map and so many banners that seem to promise it will be fun uniting factions before facing them against each other, great detail with settlements and terrain and most of all

freaking Bretonnia !!!

The question is: Will it have Bretonian troops, or do we get random Empire proxies?
    And if Bretonian army roster is in, will it be the next pay to play DLC for day#2? ^^

-----Red Dox

Certainly the best looking total war campaign map to date. Honestly, CA seem much better suited to designing fantasy games than trying to depict real world geography. They should have made the transition to fantasy a long time ago. I just hope their map designers and programmers can adequately compensate for the AI's likely flaws.

QUOTE]The question is: Will it have Bretonian troops, or do we get random Empire proxies?
    And if Bretonian army roster is in, will it be the next pay to play DLC for day#2? ^^
    [/QUOTE]

It seems to me they have done general models at least , but yep they might be dlc though hopefully free , even so Bretonnia doesn't have demanding models considering similarity with Empire/Human units ( they have Pegasus and Gryphon animations in for empire),

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast