Thread: A Question about modding and Total War : Warhammer and other very known game policies

Icon5 A Question about modding and Total War : Warhammer and other very known game policies

Hi everybody! before asking my question, Im sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this question, I didn't knew If there is another forum where to post about it :c

Well I'm a big fan of the Warcraft series and I've always dream with a Warcraft 4 game, but sadly I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.
    So I was wondering, now that we're finally going to have a Fantasy Theme Total War where you can cast magic and macro a single hero, how awesome would be a mod about Warcraft in this game! Where you control the armies of Azeroth and it's greatest heroes, and a huge campaign map of all Azeroth! I know it's a lot of work but I'll gladly spare me free time working on it.
    But I'm still a pretty noob in modding (at least I know how to 3d model and animate) so my questions are:

-Legally It's possible to make a Warcraft mod in Total War? I mean they are different franchises that maybe can't be put together because legal stuff D:
    -If it's possible to make a Warcraft mod. Can I import models from WoW like Helms, Shoulders, Banners, Flags, all those kind of things into my mod? that would REALLY help me a lot for enviorment and units equipment.

So those are my questions If someone can answer me i'll appreciate it a lot

Default Re: A Question about modding and Total War : Warhammer and other very known game policies

It's legal to make a mod involving any license, but I believe Total War Warhammer isn't moddable at all. Blame GW I guess.

Blizzard doesn't like the use of World of Warcraft models without permission - you can't even put them in WC3 maps, or at least sites don't let you host maps with them. I doubt they'd care enough about re-purposed/edited models though.

Perhaps check out the early WIP Azeroth Total War thread for Medieval 2? They could use modelers and ideas.

Default Re: A Question about modding and Total War : Warhammer and other very known game policies

The game will be moddable to a certain extent. However, you won't be able to mod other IPs into TW: Warhammer, and the mod will be taken down if you do.

BTW will they allow the modding of the campaign map?
    All i know is battle maps but what's really important is campaign map so we one day may have Third age 2.

Quote Originally Posted by sataricon View Post
    BTW will they allow the modding of the campaign map?
    All i know is battle maps but what's really important is campaign map so we one day may have Third age 2.
    It's a different IP, so GW won't allow it.