Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support, also: 5.0, preliminary WH2 support

Default Re: PFM 4.1.2 - Warhammer support

Quote Originally Posted by Bocaine View Post
    Hello! I am a total noob (literally came here from the modding for beginners guide on Steam) and am having a problem with operating PFM 4.1.2. If I open a new file and try to change the name of the Untitled.pack I receive an error. The error states:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. BeginEdit did not succeed because LabelEdit propery false.

I have looked for an answer to this problem but have not found a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time.
    If you want to change the name of .pack, don't do it in the PFM. You can just rename it in your Operation System and it will be swtiched to the new name next time you load it from PFM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

test

Just a heads up, in cai_personalities_occupation_decision_priorities_tables, according to the assembly kit, unknown 1 is the 'last_stand_priority', unknown 3 is the 'peace_priority', unknown 4 is the 'tension_priority' unknown 5 is the 'total_war_priority' and unknown 6 is the 'war_priority'. I assume these are the state of the AI's faction, such as if they are at war and how well/bad things are going for them in that war and the subsequent numbers for those sections weight how likely unlikely they are to choose a specific occupation type base on the current state they are in.
    Last edited by Shaxx; January 02, 2017 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alankilzi View Post
    after the update i tried to open faction_leaders_table and i got an error, the table was showing on black but it still wont open, anything you can figure out about it.?
    I cannot find that table, what pack is it in?

Quote Originally Posted by minos123 View Post
    The "cdir_military_generator_template_ratios_tables" is missing all for WH_Wood_Elves_Orion_land, WH_Wood_Elves_Durthu_land, WH_Wood_Elves_Orion_land.
    They're in cdir_military_generator_template_ratios_tables/data__we in the data_we.pack.

Also the data_core in the "cai_personality_group_overrides_tables" can not be opened.
    Ah, yes.
    I fixed it and uploaded schema_94, you can update if you need it.
    I hope I didn't break previous versions of that file.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaxx View Post
    In the cai_personalities_tables section some of the grouping values are not assigned properly in regards to what they are, for example 'key' has the military aggressiveness tables (and flips out when you try to change anything even under the default value as they values read as not unique). The military aggressiveness table looks like the military behavior values, the military behavior values look like the reliability values, the character_skill_tree_manager_key look to be the regular key values. This is going off how they read in the assembly kit and what PFM reads in older TW titles like Rome 2.
    [...]
    Just a heads up, in cai_personalities_occupation_decision_priorities_tables, according to the assembly kit, unknown 1 is the 'last_stand_priority', unknown 3 is the 'peace_priority', unknown 4 is the 'tension_priority' unknown 5 is the 'total_war_priority' and unknown 6 is the 'war_priority'. I assume these are the state of the AI's faction, such as if they are at war and how well/bad things are going for them in that war and the subsequent numbers for those sections weight how likely unlikely they are to choose a specific occupation type base on the current state they are in.
    Sorry, I don't know my way around the specific tables to always label all columns properly.
    If someone could manage to get them labeled right in their schema file and post the table's definition block here, I'll be happy to integrate it.
    It's really hard to update the table definition from this kind of description.

Quote Originally Posted by alankilzi View Post
    I would like to report that Building Units Allowed was also Updated, and can not be open with the PFM anymore. i believe they added either "faction or conditions table to it.
    I seem to be able to open all building_units_allowed tables if I'm not missing one. Which one are you trying to open?
    Last edited by daniu; January 02, 2017 at 12:50 PM.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Hi there...modmanager (steam) says that my mod is old version and havn't upload..because need to test.
    so where pack is the newest version ? and with PFM.

my mod is with building_effects_junction_tables with two data__core and data__lu2_ from data.pack.

so what's the problem?
    Last edited by Baxon7; January 03, 2017 at 09:11 AM.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Sorry, I don't know my way around the specific tables to always label all columns properly.
    If someone could manage to get them labeled right in their schema file and post the table's definition block here, I'll be happy to integrate it.
    I'll look into it next week, won't be home over the weekend, if no one else does it before then. I'll be done with my final move in february, then I can focus again on modding and provide more schema updates. (And hopefully get around to release my own mod.) Haven't had an opportunity to even play the game since october.

Is there a way of editing an entire column at once? To set all numbers in a column to a specific number, or multiple all numbers in a column by a certain value, or add or subtract a certain value from all numbers in a column?

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    I managed to re-label the columns correctly, but some of the columns are not in their right position still, as I don't know how to re-arrange them correctly yet (as they are in PFM - e.g. "military_aggressiveness_policy" is still where "key" column should be). I'm not 100% sure if this is what you needed me to post here, but here is the definition I saved in the decode tool - it seems to work and display the changes I made when you load from Definitions.

http://www.filedropper.com/caipersonalitiesupdate
    Last edited by Steel*Faith; January 05, 2017 at 04:13 AM.
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

So what's wrong? Do someone have same problems? My mod is not working anymore.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=702444395
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Hey everyone! How do I use the new schema??? I've done some reading and literally feel like I'm trying to learn Japanese..

So yeah, any help is appreciated!

Also, is editing the welf's before I add the schema since the new hotfix has came out, will that throw off any of the values I set???

Quote Originally Posted by Steel*Faith View Post
    I managed to re-label the columns correctly, but some of the columns are not in their right position still, as I don't know how to re-arrange them correctly yet (as they are in PFM - e.g. "military_aggressiveness_policy" is still where "key" column should be). I'm not 100% sure if this is what you needed me to post here, but here is the definition I saved in the decode tool - it seems to work and display the changes I made when you load from Definitions.

http://www.filedropper.com/caipersonalitiesupdate
    Is anyone else capable of getting cai_personalities working? Without the changes I made in cai_personalities, the ai is pretty terrible and passive, and I cannot complete my overhaul for this version.
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Shepherd View Post
    Is there a way of editing an entire column at once? To set all numbers in a column to a specific number, or multiple all numbers in a column by a certain value, or add or subtract a certain value from all numbers in a column?
    Right-click the column header and use the apply expression command. It presents a dialogue box where you can enter a mathematical expression, modifying whichever cells you have selected. There's also a select column command in the same right-click menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel*Faith View Post
    Is anyone else capable of getting cai_personalities working? Without the changes I made in cai_personalities, the ai is pretty terrible and passive, and I cannot complete my overhaul for this version.
    I uploaded a new schema which includes your update, with some minor adjustment.
    AFAICT it works now; the aggressiveness being shown in the key column happened because you should have moved the "pk='true'" entry.

Let me know if there's still a problem.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebob86 View Post
    Hey everyone! How do I use the new schema??? I've done some reading and literally feel like I'm trying to learn Japanese..

So yeah, any help is appreciated!

Also, is editing the welf's before I add the schema since the new hotfix has came out, will that throw off any of the values I set???
    You need to unpack them in your pack file folder (where your exe file is in).

CA add some new rows, so you have to make some of them from new, cause copy past do not work (if for example CA add 1 new row).
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    You need to unpack them in your pack file folder (where your exe file is in).

CA add some new rows, so you have to make some of them from new, cause copy past do not work (if for example CA add 1 new row).
    Thank you very much Danui! This was the first time I ever edited anything in a schema, so I'm still learning how to do so. I'm glad you were able to make use of the changes I made though, and thanks for the tip.

I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Last edited by Steel*Faith; January 07, 2017 at 09:22 AM.

Thank you guys!

Had an error when opening PFM (4.1.1), so download the newest version. Was able to open files, and make changes fine. However, the mod now is not working correctly. Going back to an older version of the mod, and it still works fine, but I am unable to access any of the tables. Has there been some changes/troubles with the latest release?

Just recently got in TW(W) modding, ran into a PFM related issue ( I think ) yesterday.

Couldn't find clarification anywhere, hope its something mundane I'm missing -- anyway,

I ran into an issue extracting textures / DDS files with PFM. While the majority come out perfectly fine, there are a good number who end up empty / black / corrupted. And I can't figure out what causes it.

Like, everything is fine BUT the diffuse map or BUT the specular map. And repeated extracting doesn't do anything to fix that. Any idea what is going wrong? Where I might be missing something?

I'm not new to modding and texturing, but I never encountered this issue before.

Thankful for every tip.

Quote Originally Posted by zoommooz11 View Post
    Has there been some changes/troubles with the latest release?
    My mod is also dead. Ive checked everything. Copy my files into other mods to make sure it's right row, but no succsess. Before DLC my mod works.

Went through bit by bit, and it appears that there is a problem with some of the text files. I was able to open and adjust them yesterday (again using 4.1.1), but it appears the new version does not like some of the listings now, and is unable to open them with the error "illegal loc file, doesent have a byte order mark". Now, as this also appears to effects the games ability to load these files, hence why mods are not wortking. What is weird is that some file open fine, and other don't, even though all of them are from on mod or another. Perhaps this can help trouble shot.