Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Easy" to Implement Feature-Game Mechanic and Balance Wish list

Default "Easy" to Implement Feature-Game Mechanic and Balance Wish list

I wanted to start a thread regarding all of the Features-Game Mechanic and Balance changes/additions that could be added into this game with presumed little Dev time/ Cost for Developer.

1.Unit Formations- Where appropriate.

2.Artillery alternate ammunition/ Fire modes.

3.More Depth to the campaign. This is a generic one here but I think they need to inject some more player involvement and investment. That does not mean make it chore.

4.Ability to mount Dismount CAV units.

5.Return of active Unit Abilities only where appropriate. ie no Pokemon

6.Ability to land Flying units on the ground/ hide them in forest when you want them to.

7.Instead of Trying to "Balance all units" have a unit cap per army so your big monsters and Elite units can RIP and TEAR

8.Battle Speed. This may be personal preference... but it is too fast for my tastes. I believe it needs to be slowed down. To what extent open to debate.

9. Magic Needs to be re balanced. Some spells are great: Fate of bjuna and spirit Leech. Some should be powerful but suck... literally: Purple sun all vortex spells really. I think Magic Needs to be more powerful in general. Balance it by making it Double edged sword. Miscasts in Table Top can insta kill a wizard and up your own army. I prefer this. I believe most will.

10.Large Mounts for Lords need to be buffed. In mp they seem to be a net negative when playing people that know what they are doing. Re-balance Lords in general Campaign and MP They just seem to be off. Open to debate of course.

That is all I can think of right off the top of my head.

I want to keep this thread in the realm of reason so nothing far fetched please. Oh and no "well mods will fix the game bla bla bla" They should never have to. Not to mention the whole point of thread is "EASY CHANGES" We should free up the very talented mod Community to do Total Conversions and other endeavors more worthy of their talent and time.

Default Re: "Easy" to Implement Feature-Game Mechanic and Balance Wish list

@OP - good list. I agree with most of the things you mention here.

But truthfully, I think a fair few are exactly the kind of thing that modders can help with, if they are kind enough to put the hours in.

The rest, which would require the devs to implement, would defo require a fair bit of work, so not all that easy to implement.

"More depth to the campaign", for example? That is my biggest want for TW games in general, but is a potentially infinite workload!
    Last edited by lolIsuck; June 05, 2016 at 04:35 PM. Reason: continuity

The answer is quite simply: mods.

CA won't do all these things. Wait for the mods

Quote Originally Posted by Campaigner View Post
    I wanted to start a thread regarding all of the Features-Game Mechanic and Balance changes/additions that could be added into this game with presumed little Dev time/ Cost for Developer.

7.Instead of Trying to "Balance all units" have a unit cap per army so your big monsters and Elite units can RIP and TEAR
    I agree with a few on your list, such as the ability to dismount and buffed up magic.
    However when it comes to balancing, the issue is not to balance a regular soldier to be able to fight a monster. It is so that a low tier Orc doesn't rip through an elite tier unit. And to make units, such as iron breakers, worth using. If it wasn't balanced and a dwarf warrior was as powerful as iron breakers...why have both?

That is sort of what I was going for. To have the "Big Boys" be Murder Terror Death Machines. So rather try and balance them with stat Nerfs-Buffs-Unit Cost ETC. Just have a unit cap. So the higher Tier units Can Reap but only so much. Because there are only so much of them. They can Make "Tiers" or something. I do not think it would be that hard for them to figure out.

Let me be Frank Anything "Balance Related" Can Very easily be done by devs. All it takes is to change stats and play test. This is not asking for much at all. In fact the majority of what is on my wish list has already been done by CA before. On the Warscape Engine.

Why people say it cannot be done... you are asking too much... Mods will do it... ETC...

All I want is to make a list most can agree with and then we go and trumpet our demands at CA. Maybe it will work maybe it will not. Zero action and effort will only guarantee one thing.

Good luck trying to find a healthy consensus on anything related to unit balancing

CA will balance some of the units given enough outcry from the community, but changing things such as making magic NOT suck, that's not likely

Blizzard does it all the time with Starcraft. That game is alive. They constantly nerf and buff units abilities etc. I am not asking them to be as good as Blizzard. I could settle for 1/3. Now of course People whine all the time in startcraft forums about balance but in all honesty I would say they have done very well over the years. This game just feels a bit off in terms of balance. It could just be me. I am not really dealing with absolute specifics here just balance generalities so we could end up closer to the mark with minimal effort. Other devs exert the time and effort the only wrong here is not expecting the same out of CA. That is not comparing them to their peers but rather comparing them to 3rd rate devs.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I don't think some of these are so easy. Like dismounting, for instance, would require several different new animations, for the different mounts. It would also require the mounts to act more intelligently than they had in previous games, because it would be silly for the skeletal horses of the Black Knights to skitter away like frightened sheep. In some cases it might require them to actually become two separate units then, as with the case of Demigryphs, or Skeletal dragons, as those mounts would simply go on fighting without a rider.

I would love a dismount feature, but it raises new difficulties in this game.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Im guessing Dismount was very very very rarely used by players so they cut it. I almost never needed it and more often hit it by mistake when trying to select skirmish mode on my horse archers. Once did that on a 100% horse archer stack..... bad times.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I used it much more often in Empire and Napoleon, when we had dragoons. It was useful there, for fun tactics if not necessarily efficient ones.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Well.... that was the point of dragoons historically. But yeah dismount is cool but ive only used it once when it mattered. So no big deal there.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ciruelo's Avatar Tiro

I am getting 0 kills with Bathasar Gelt in almost every battle even I spend all the magic in damage spells. I don't know whether this is a bug or an incredible lack of balance. Are you guys experiencing the same thing?

Wizards dont kill. They do dmg and they buff. Dont expect a bright wizard to get 60 kills unless you really manage when and where you do what. Which is a waste of time and fun in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ciruelo's Avatar Tiro

Try a custom battle with Bathasar against an horde of zombies. After spending 30 points of magic in the 3 damage spells you get 0 kills. Against zombies! Maybe it's too early to say it but for 1200 points you can't do almost anything while the other 3 wizards of the empire are much deadlier and cost only 800 points. I think this is a balance issue. I get Balthasar is more focused on buffs but come on, he has 3 damage spells that do nothing.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Well aleast it isn't as op as it was in table top.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Magic often does not count as kills, just like loison arrows show 0 kills in Attila.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

You can fate of Bjunna a wraith unit kill the whole unit and it will show zero kills for the caster. They should fix that. It is either an oversight or a bug. Everyone seems to get the wrong idea here regarding some of the suggestions. I do not expect them to add dismount for all units at same time. Do the easiest first go from there. So start with the cavalry... living if you insist go from there. I am really stressing the "EASY" here. If you interpret what I am asking as hard probably reading too much into it. Also I want other people to offer up suggestions as well. Somebody has got to have some ideas out there.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Dismountable cav probably won't happen. I think CA removed it because GW preferred it not to happen.
    I agree with having the ability to land flying units.

What I want to happen is for Chaos to become a bigger threat with each successive wave. The first wave has 4 stacks, maybe increase each wave by 2 stacks? However this may be because it's the first game. Maybe with all three games, the Chaos invasion will be a huge threat considering you will have to deal with Chaos Warriors, Norscans, Chaos Dwarfs, Daemons of Chaos, Beastmen, and Skaven

Regarding magic, at least the unit buffs/debuffs are pretty powerful und useful in battle.
    For the effect of damage spells, try to check the hit points, maybe all the damage goes there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast