Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.0 Release Announcement + Download Links!

Icon3 Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.0 Release Announcement + Download Links!

Greetings Rome Total Realism fans!
    The RTR Project Teams is happy to announce that we are finally releasing the RTR 8 Public Beta v3.0. In many ways, RTR 8 is the spiritual successor to RTR 6, in it that it has that oldschool touch and look, but features new things and factions, and we will be adding much more in the future. Remember, this is still a beta release, so we are not done yet, there’s more content to come in the future!

This version features many new additions to this iteration of RTR compared to the previous one, such as:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Implemented textures made by Webbird, Warspite, Meretrix, Ferres, and Kali
    - New unit skins
    - New unit cards
    - New look and new units added for The Saka faction
    - Parthia is now a nomad faction that can transition into an eastern faction
    - Added most of the features from the Metro-Naval mod
    - Added forced diplomacy
    - Added new banners and symbols
    - Implemented irrigation system
    - New Port System added – Warships can now only be built in certain regions
    - New Mining System added, featuring many different varieties
    - Added Safe Sea buildings
    - New ships
    - Many traits reworked
    - Many unit stats reworked
    - New units : Kleruchoi Agema, Basilikon Agema, Italian Equites
    - Added Stone Thrower and Large Stone Thrower
    - New Chariot models
    - Implemented Unit Status Info Bars
    - Enhanced Realistic Movement System
    - Reworked Battle of Raphia
    - Re-added all historical and quick battles
    - Culture-specific battering rams
    - More Realistic Battle Map Dust
    - Two different faction unit rosters (one for campaign, one for custom battles and multiplayer)

The Map:

The Factions:

-Republic of Rome
    -Nabataean Kingdom
    -The Hellenistic Kingdoms
    -Confederacy of Sarmatia
    -Antigonid Kingdom
    -Ptolemaic Kingdom
    -Seleucid Kingdom
    -Republic of Carthage
    -Kingdom of Parthia
    -Kingdom of Pontus
    -Gauls
    -Germanic Tribes
    -The Celtic Tribes
    -Kingdom of Greater Armenia
    -Getae Tribes
    -The Hellenic City-States
    -Kingdom of Numidia
    -The Saka
    -Iberian Tribes
    -Illyrian Tribes

You can find our factions preview thread here

Coming in the future :

-Gameplay enhancements
    -Graphical enhancements
    -More units
    -New map

Rome Total Realism 8 brought to you by:

THE RTRPROJECT TEAM

-Project Leader: ahowl11

-History/Research: xeofox, Mausolos of Caria, Arjos Suadurix, Gabrielkouda, Prince Of Judah, Aretas

-Administration/Moderation: Jubal, GUNINANRUNIN, Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

-Web code & Infrastructure and Management: Infiernus, GUNINANRUNIN

-Public Relations: Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

-Coding: ahowl11, SATANIKLVSTSDCLXVI, Mandoni

-Beta Testing: Puki194, Prince Of Judah, Jackasaurus, Prince of Macedon

-Art: SATANIKLVSTSDCLXVI, ahowl11

-Mapping: Muizer, Gigantus

-Help/Freelance/Special Thanks: Quinn_Inuit, AmyClaraRose, FlashHeart07, Gen.jamesWolfe, vincentius, Sheridan, Crymson, Alavaria, uanime5, Anarchon, comrade_general, Michael333, Lanjane, Pat89, Brandon Edwards

And very special thanks to the youtubers who have helped us with the closed beta and mod promotion:
    Jackasaurus https://www.youtube.com/user/JacksGamingCenter
    Prince Of Macedon https://www.youtube.com/user/PrinceofMacedon
    Dragonheart https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuC...YFVzEdwhcsruug

Also, a big ‘thank you!’ to the following mods and modders for providing us with various assets:

-Philadelphos and RTH for the Map
    -Limes and AEE - Campaign Pine Trees
    -DimeBagHo and XGM - Unit textures, UI's, Culture System
    -RedFox and DTW - ManPower mechanic, Roman Symbol
    -ngr - Original Mundus Magnus map and many faction symbols
    -Rise of Empire - Many unit textures and Unit Cards
    -comrade_general and THS - Unit textures and Unit Cards
    -Prometheus - Animations
    -Signifierone - Animations
    -Pat89 - Peace with the Dead Script
    -Makanyane & 300WOS team – battlemap Cliffs
    -Europa Barbarorum - Animations, Refugees icon and model, several traits, several ship UI's, Stratmap Vegetation & Inspiration
    -davide.cool - wall textures
    -Germanicu5 - RealyBadAI Script for RTW Alexander
    -0 A.D. - road- & ground textures
    -http://mapdb.obsidianconflict.net/texture:oskutin-s-snow-materials - Alpine winter cliff texture
    -http://www.mb3d.co.uk/mb3d/maxTextures_Home_-_Free_Seamless_and_Tileable_High_Res_Textures.html - Ground- wall- & Bridge textures
    -http://mayang.com/ - Ground textures
    -RTRPE: strat map textures, bamboo javelin, faction symbols, descriptions and banners, as well as concepts
    -RTRVII: strat map settlements, animations, battle UI icons, some faction descriptions
    -Darthmod - AI formations, base for fatigue system, foot missile bug fix, protective formation system
    -Sinuhet - AI formations
    -Roma Surrectum: several ship UI's, nomadic campaign map settlement models, roman, greek and carthaginian ports, some settlement textures, some campaign map textures, Seleucid elephant model, missile models and used as base for our environments which also include a tree model made by Éorl for FATW
    -TuCoT - Ptolemaic General Portraits
    - Maced0n and his Metro-Naval Mod: naval buildings, ships, mining buildings, irrigation buildings
    -Joar: Some faction symbols and banners
    -Casus Belli team: some textures
    -Sonny Costanzo: some textures
    -the CATW team: some textures

Last, but not the least, thank you, RTR fans, for your interest and support, we couldn’t have done this without you! You are our driving force and our inspiration, and we hope you’ll enjoy playing this mod as much as we are enjoying making it for you!

Download Links:

Rome Total Realism 8 beta v3.0 Download

We have also released v3.1 which features bug fixes and tweaks, make sure to download it, more info here

Install Instructions:

Option A
    1. Extract the RTR folder to your RTW directory or if you are using steam, your RTW - Alexander directory
    2. Go inside the RTR folder and Click RTR Start to play!

Option B
    1. Extract the RTR folder to your RTW directory or if you are using steam, your RTW - Alexander directory
    2. Right Click on the Alx.exe and create a shortcut
    3. Then right click the shortcut and select properties and put this in the target line after all quotations: -show_err -mod:RTR
    4. If you are using steam, Go to your RTW - Alexander folder and make a shortcut of the exe file, and then follow step 3.
    5. Play!

- If you are using the non steam version but want to run it through steam, go to 'Add a game' then select the Shortcut you made in step two and name it 'Rome Total Realism'

Unit roster switch:

With this version we have a feature where you can play custom battles and multiplayer using a trimmed unit file to only offer you the faction specific units.
    The other unit file can still be used for custom battles, but it will contain many units that aren't fit for your faction (Britannic Swordsmen for Parthia).

If you want to play custom battles or multiplayer and not have to sift through tons of units, double click the EDU-battle batch file in the RTR folder.
    However, if you are going to play a campaign, YOU MUST make sure that you hit the EDU-campaign batch file, or there will be issues with recruitment.

Have fun!

RTR on the internet :
    Last edited by Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs; January 08, 2017 at 10:04 AM.
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Default Re: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.0 Release Announcement + Download Links!

I have been following this mod since the Imperial campaign 0.5 was released years ago. Glad to see it come this far, so congratulations guys !

Default Re: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.0 Release Announcement + Download Links!

Thank you, Manteli, it means a lot to us! Have fun playing
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

It's great to see you guys carry on the legacy of RTR! Once I get my main PC up and running again, I'll download for sure.
    Last edited by Finn; December 03, 2016 at 04:47 PM.

ROMA INVICTA!

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    It's great to see you guys carry on the legacy of RTR! Onece I get my main PC up and running again, I'll download for sure.
    It's great seeing you here again after all these years, Finn! I hope you'll have a blast mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Frying Pan View Post
    ROMA INVICTA!
    The eternal city lives on!

Help! i dont know how to execute the mod! im kinda noob at this, i need more instructions in order to play it i did everything and the pc dosent let me use the "-show_err -mod:RTR" on the short cut. PLZ HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Axel_R View Post
    Help! i dont know how to execute the mod! im kinda noob at this, i need more instructions in order to play it i did everything and the pc dosent let me use the "-show_err -mod:RTR" on the short cut. PLZ HELP
    Hi Axel_R! What OS are you on? Also, do you have the CD or the steam version of RTW?

Nope, right now i have windows 10 with barvarian and alexander, i did all the steps and the last thing is this little part.. -show_err -mod:RTR but well, idk what to do. here is the exact thing tha is quoted in my short cut (Im spanish, sorry for the bad english)

Iniciar en: "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War"

I'll get a picture. An is a non steam version.

You just need to leave a space between the rest of the stuff and -show_err -mod:RTR

I'll try it it shoul be like this?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\ -show_err -mod:RTR

I'll try it it shoul be like this?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\ -show_err -mod:RTR
    It should look something like this:

so after the .exe press space and copy the "-mod:RTR -show_err" without the quotation marks

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe -mod:RTR -show_err

Like this? because is not working :/

can you give it to me exactly as the mod ask?

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe -mod:RTR -show_err

Like this? because is not working :/

can you give it to me exactly as the mod ask?
    Sorry to be such a noob

Sorry to be such a noob
    No need to be sorry mate, it's ok
    Try putting the quotation marks around C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe before adding the perimeters. So in the end it should look like this :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -show_err -mod:RTR

just copy-paste this instead of the path that you currently have
    Hopefully this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs View Post
    No need to be sorry mate, it's ok
    Try putting the quotation marks around C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe before adding the perimeters. So in the end it should look like this :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -show_err -mod:RTR

just copy-paste this instead of the path that you currently have
    Hopefully this helps!

Wow thank you so much! it worked!

Really thanks and for your patience

Wow thank you so much! it worked!

Really thanks and for your patience
    Ahhh, great! I'm glad it worked
    Have fun playing!

the launcher works now! but... it says that im missing something. I copy and pasted the mod at the folder. the whole thing. for example it says that im missing this:
    RTR/data/models_engine/lithobolos.CAS

there are like 4 others like that, what should i do now?

the launcher works now! but... it says that im missing something. I copy and pasted the mod at the folder. the whole thing. for example it says that im missing this:
    RTR/data/models_engine/lithobolos.CAS

there are like 4 others like that, what should i do now?
    can you please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RTR\data\models_engine\ and check if lithobolos.CAS and the other files that it says are missing for you are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs View Post
    can you please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RTR\data\models_engine\ and check if lithobolos.CAS and the other files that it says are missing for you are there?

strange, the lithobolos.CAS file are there. all the files are there. :/

idk why its show that is not there...

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast