Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by john909 View Post

(Crossing fingers all is good).
    I think the best way to refresh a TW Steam game.

1 Save files you think might want or make a backup of everything. Things like graphic settings done in game, and via an editor, control keys, ...

2 Screen shots of your active mods and sequencing.

3 Unsubscribe and uninstall.

4 Install.

5 Subscribe only to the mods you will be using. (Steam will download.)

6 Activate and sequence via the TW mod manager. NOTE: You must launch the game (click on play) to have these preferences recorded.

7 Some mods even though from the workshop may simply be place holders. Meaning they cannot be installed without a file download and placing it in your data directory.

8 Some mods make changes to your data directory and may leave artifacts and residue (a good reason to go through this whole process when switching from one major total conversion to another).

---

I think this is as clean as you can get with Steam and TW. Hopefully, you have no more than 20-30 mods to make your game complete. Did worry about "not current" if the comments by people say it works. Also, look to see how many subs a mod has. 50,000 and you are probably going to be fine if you follow the directions. 500, I personally would stay away from it.

---

When it comes to what to subscribe to, usage, documentation, and submods ... I feel that the DEI Team has done a superb job in keeping the whole process clean and simple.

---

I hope that helps.
    Last edited by MeiguoJinjang; November 14, 2023 at 02:29 AM.