Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCOTLAND

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default SCOTLAND

I. General information

This thread is meant to gather all information about the faction and to conduct discussions on the faction related issues.
    The entries should be developed by both the SSHIP team and the interested players.

It continues the discussion conducted in this thread.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 04, 2020 at 07:22 AM.

Default [F] - Scotland

II. Strategy & gameplay

To be developed in due course. If you've played the game with this faction and have insights how to help fellow players, please write a proposal for this section.

Lovely music to listen to along playing this faction.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 04, 2020 at 03:51 AM.

Default [F] - Scotland

III. Provinces (incl. names, provincial titles, resources, map features etc.)

The provinces that have historically been assigned to this faction are listed here - it's usually defined by the "faction_creator" in the "descr_strat.txt" file.

Provincial titles:
    General explanations to be found in the relevant thread on the PTs.
    Catholic: I considered the use of the Hungarian term “Ispán”. However, because the title will be used also by other catholic factions, I've decided to use the Latin term "Comes".
    Orthodox, Muslim: generic "Knyaz of" and "Emir of".
    Coast of arms: have been reviewed and updated to be as historical as possible.
    Names of provinces: should be in Latin, so some adjustments are still needed - tbd.

Dublin
    On the Irish Medieval history and some units - have a look here.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 31, 2021 at 11:14 PM.

Default [F] - Scotland

IV. Faction specific features (Crown, Offices, Bloodline, Traits, Buildings)

The Crown of Scotland is discussed in this entry.

A clip showing why Northern Scotland is a place of interest for Norway is this one, about the battle of Largs.

The Offices are described in this thread.

Scotland has access to some buildings that may be not available to every faction: Castle Library, University (highest level), Tourney Fields.

Scottish Blood: not checked.

Specific traits: not checked.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 24, 2023 at 01:26 PM.

Default [F] - Scotland

V. Starting position in 1132 (incl. settlements, armies, generals, traits, political situation)

to be developed in due course

Default [F] - Scotland

VI. Units

Scotland is a country where canons appeared very early: beginning of 14th century.

Galloglaich

Highlanders

Highland Pikemen

Border Horse
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 14, 2020 at 12:44 PM.

Default [F] - Scotland

VIII. Reserve

to be used if needed

Default Re: [F] - Scotland

Currently, the Wallace uprising may take place only after 250 turns of the game. I wonder if for the gameplay sake we shouldn't allow it to happen already in 12th century?

Code:
    ;---------- William Wallace Uprising ------------------------------------------------------------------

declare_counter wallace_spawned
        set_counter wallace_spawned 0

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType scotland	
    		and I_TurnNumber > 250
    		and I_NumberOfSettlements scotland < 2
    		and I_NumberOfSettlements scotland > 0
    		and I_CompareCounter wallace_spawned = 0

set_counter wallace_spawned 1

terminate_monitor
        end_monitor

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType scotland
            and I_CompareCounter wallace_spawned = 1

spawn_army 
                faction scotland
                character	William Wallace, named character, age 20, x 55, y 253, direction SE, battle_model Wallace_General, portrait wallace, label scotland4wallace
                traits MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 2 , NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 1 , ScotlandHero 1 , LoyaltyStarter 1, BattleChivalry 2 , Loyal 2 , Just 2 , Rabblerouser 3 , Hardened 1
                unit		Highland Nobles	exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 1
                unit		Highland Nobles	exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 1
                unit		Highlanders	exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
                unit		Scots Pikemen	exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
                unit		Scots Pikemen	exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
                unit		Scots Spearmen	exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
                unit		Scots Spearmen	exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
                unit		Thanes		exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 1
                unit		Scots Longbow	exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
                unit		Scots Longbow	exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
                unit		Scots Skirmisher	exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit		Scots Skirmisher	exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit		Scots Skirmisher	exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit		Border Horse	exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                unit		Border Horse	exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            end	   

historic_event scotland_wallace event/william_wallace.bik

if I_SettlementOwner Edinburgh = england
        console_command diplomatic_stance scotland england war
      end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Edinburgh = france
        console_command diplomatic_stance scotland france war
      end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Edinburgh = hre
        console_command diplomatic_stance scotland hre war
      end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Edinburgh = norway
        console_command diplomatic_stance scotland norway war
      end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Edinburgh = denmark
        console_command diplomatic_stance scotland denmark war
      end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Edinburgh = aragon
        console_command diplomatic_stance scotland aragon war
      end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Edinburgh = spain
        console_command diplomatic_stance scotland spain war
      end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Edinburgh = portugal
        console_command diplomatic_stance scotland portugal war
      end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Edinburgh = pisa
        console_command diplomatic_stance scotland pisa war
      end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Edinburgh = venice
        console_command diplomatic_stance scotland venice war
      end_if

terminate_monitor
        end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType scotland
            and IsFactionAIControlled
            and I_CharacterExists scotland4wallace
            and not I_SettlementOwner Edinburgh = scotland

if I_SettlementUnderSiege Edinburgh
                siege_settlement scotland4wallace, Edinburgh, attack
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

siege_settlement scotland4wallace, Edinburgh, maintain

if I_SettlementOwner Edinburgh = scotland
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

end_monitor

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: [F] - SCOTLAND

But you'll need to replace Wallace by a random name
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I take it the idea's due to William's military messianic nature and obscure background?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I read somewhere that W. Wallace was actually more a symbol than a real strategist, the scottish successful battles being due to Andrew de Moray rather than to Wallace. Hence, the lack of victories after his death soon after the Stirling Bridge battle. I'm not sure how this is true
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I think having William Wallace rather than a randomly generated general would still be good, especially if other historical figures get this treatment, such as Joan of Arc and the Almohads. Mid-campaign challenges help keep the game fresh, especially for factions that sit on the opposite end of the map from the Mongols.

Scotland gets its wonder in Edinburg. Actually, it's a crucial building to provide good troops for the faction.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Scotland got additional two events:
    Code:
    {SCOTLAND_DAVIDIAN_REVOLUTION_BODY}\n\nThe Davidian Revolution is a name given by many scholars to the changes which took place in the Kingdom of Scotland during the reign of David I (1124–1153). These included his foundation of burghs, implementation of the ideals of Gregorian Reform, foundation of monasteries, Normanization of the Scottish government, and the introduction of feudalism through immigrant Norman and Anglo-Norman knights.\n\nGAME STRATEGY: Scotland military starts to be reformed in the Anglo-Norman style.{SCOTLAND_DAVIDIAN_REVOLUTION_TITLE}The Davidian Revolution

{SCOTLAND_FIRST_UPRISING_BODY}\n\nThe Fires of Independence burn brightly in Scotland. Weary of aggression from Scotland's neighbors, a new hero has emerged to unite Scotland's clans. His name is Fergus Mael Mac Coluim. Behind him march thousands of warriors, each one with freedom in his heart and a sword in his hand.
    {SCOTLAND_FIRST_UPRISING_TITLE}Scottish Clans Mobilize! 

{SCOTLAND_WALLACE_BODY}\n\nThe Fires of Independence burn brightly in Scotland. Weary of aggression from Scotland's neighbors, a new hero has emerged to unite Scotland's clans. His name is William Wallace. A minor noble he may be, but behind him marches thousands of warriors, each one with freedom in his heart and a sword in his hand.
    {SCOTLAND_WALLACE_TITLE}William Wallace Emerges! 

{SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE_BODY}\nThe Wars of Scottish Independence were a series of military campaigns fought between the Kingdom of Scotland and the Kingdom of England in the late 13th and early 14th centuries.\nThe First War (1296–1328) began with the English invasion of Scotland in 1296, and ended with the signing of the Treaty of Edinburgh–Northampton in 1328. The Second War (1332–1357) began with the English-supported invasion by Edward Balliol and the 'Disinherited' in 1332, and ended in 1357 with the signing of the Treaty of Berwick. The wars were part of a great crisis for Scotland and the period became one of the most defining times in its history. At the end of both wars, Scotland retained its status as an independent state. The wars were important for other reasons, such as the emergence of the longbow as a key weapon in medieval warfare.\n\nGAME STRATEGY: Scotland military starts to be reformed in the modern style.
    {SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE_TITLE}The Wars of Scottish Independence
    They're used to drive the evolution of the military, eg:
    Code:
    ;==============================================================================================================================;- SCOTLAND mustering_hall --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

recruit_pool  "Scots Skirmisher"    1    0.25    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and hidden_resource scotland

recruit_pool  "Highlanders"            1    0.17    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and hidden_resource scotland and not event_counter SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE 1 
            recruit_pool  "Highlanders"            1    0.13    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and hidden_resource scotland and event_counter SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE 1 

recruit_pool  "Axe Militia"            1    0.07    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and hidden_resource scotland and event_counter SCOTLAND_DAVIDIAN_REVOLUTION 1
            recruit_pool  "Axe Militia"            1    0.07    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and not hidden_resource scotland

recruit_pool  "Spear Militia"        1    0.07    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and hidden_resource scotland and not event_counter SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE 1     
            recruit_pool  "Spear Militia"        1    0.07    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and not hidden_resource scotland

recruit_pool  "Scots Pike Militia"    1    0.07    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and hidden_resource scotland and event_counter SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE 1
            recruit_pool  "Urban Spear Militia"    1    0.07    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and not hidden_resource scotland and event_counter SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE 1
    also the Landowners building recruitment has been overhauled:
    Code:
    ;================================================================================================================================                            SCOTLAND;- SCOTLAND landowners2 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; Numbers and events are exactly the same as other NE knights.
    ; Scotland has 2 upgrades of mounted knights, and 2 upgrades of foot knights.

; Events to be taken into account:
    ;     35: SCOTLAND_DAVIDIAN_REVOLUTION
    ;    140: HEAVY_MAIL
    ;    310: TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR
    ;    380: PAVISE_SHIELDS
    ;    400: SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE
    ;    440: HALF_PLATE_ARMOR
    ;    510: FULL_PLATE_ARMOR
    ;    600: MATCHLOCK

; 1st stage    SCOTLAND landowners2 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; - mounted knights everywhere
            recruit_pool    "Mailed Knights"        1    0.04    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter SCOTLAND_DAVIDIAN_REVOLUTION 1 and not event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1
            recruit_pool    "Mailed Knights"        1    0.03    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1

; - foot knights in Scotland
            recruit_pool    "Highland Nobles"        1    0.04    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and not event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource scotland
            recruit_pool    "Highland Nobles"        1    0.03    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource scotland

; - foot knights in Scandinavia, the Baltics, Russia (with axes)
            recruit_pool    "Dismounted Mailed Knights"        0.9    0.04    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and not event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource norway or hidden_resource denmark or hidden_resource russia or hidden_resource lithuania or hidden_resource poland
            recruit_pool    "Dismounted Mailed Knights"        0.9    0.03    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource norway or hidden_resource denmark or hidden_resource russia or hidden_resource lithuania or hidden_resource poland

; - foot knights elsewhere (with swords)
            recruit_pool    "Dismounted Sword Mailed Knights"    0.9    0.03    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and not event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not hidden_resource scotland and not hidden_resource norway or not hidden_resource denmark or not hidden_resource russia or not hidden_resource lithuania or not hidden_resource poland
            recruit_pool    "Dismounted Sword Mailed Knights"    0.9    0.02    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and not hidden_resource scotland and not hidden_resource norway or not hidden_resource denmark or not hidden_resource russia or not hidden_resource lithuania or not hidden_resource poland

; 2nd stage    SCOTLAND landowners2 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; - mounted knights everywhere    
            recruit_pool    "Feudal Knights"        0.9    0.03    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1
            recruit_pool    "Feudal Knights"        1    0.04    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE 1
            recruit_pool    "Feudal Knights"        1    0.03    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1

; - foot knights in Scotland            
            recruit_pool    "Thanes"                0.8    0.03    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource scotland
            recruit_pool    "Thanes"                0.9    0.04    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE 1 and hidden_resource scotland
            recruit_pool    "Thanes"                0.9    0.03    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1 and hidden_resource scotland

; - foot knights elsewhere

recruit_pool    "Dismounted Feudal Knights"    0.8    0.03    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and not hidden_resource scotland
            recruit_pool    "Dismounted Feudal Knights"    0.9    0.04    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE 1 and not hidden_resource scotland
            recruit_pool    "Dismounted Feudal Knights"    0.9    0.03    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1 and not hidden_resource scotland

; 3rd stage SCOTLAND landowners2 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

recruit_pool    "Chivalric Knights"                0.9    0.03    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE 1
            recruit_pool    "Chivalric Knights"                1    0.04    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1
            recruit_pool    "Chivalric Knights"                1    0.07    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter MATCHLOCK 1

recruit_pool    "Dismounted Chivalric Knights"  0.8    0.03    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE 1
            recruit_pool    "Dismounted Chivalric Knights"  0.9    0.04    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter SCOTLAND_WARS_OF_INDEPENDENCE 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1 
            recruit_pool    "Dismounted Chivalric Knights"  0.9    0.07    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter MATCHLOCK 1             

; AI support SCOTLAND landowners2 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

recruit_pool    "Mailed Knights"                    1    0.04    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and event_counter early_era 1 and not event_counter is_the_player 1
            recruit_pool    "Highland Nobles"                    0.8    0.04    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and event_counter early_era 1 and not event_counter is_the_player 1

recruit_pool    "Feudal Knights"                    1    0.05    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and event_counter high_era 1 and not event_counter is_the_player 1
            recruit_pool    "Thanes"                            0.8    0.05    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and event_counter high_era 1 and not event_counter is_the_player 1

recruit_pool    "Chivalric Knights"                1    0.06    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and event_counter late_era 1 and not event_counter is_the_player 1
            recruit_pool    "Dismounted Chivalric Knights"    0.8    0.06    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and event_counter late_era 1 and not event_counter is_the_player 1

recruit_pool    "NE Bodyguard"            1    0.05    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and not event_counter is_the_player 1 and not event_counter late_era 1 
            recruit_pool    "NE Late Bodyguard"        1    0.05    2  0  requires factions { scotland, } and not event_counter is_the_player 1 and event_counter late_era 1
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 03, 2021 at 05:11 AM.

Default Re: SCOTLAND

It would be cool if the scottish calivermen were given a shield and a high charge bonus to simulate the highland charge.

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

I'm wondering what the purpose is of Scotland in the mod or MTW. Was there ever a scottish interest in expanding to a world power?
    I believe there was just strong will to survive in their own culture.

To me the scottish do not have much interesting military ability to want to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    I'm wondering what the purpose is of Scotland in the mod or MTW. Was there ever a scottish interest in expanding to a world power?
    I believe there was just strong will to survive in their own culture.

To me the scottish do not have much interesting military ability to want to play them.
    I think there was some interests among the players in playing Scotland in the past, recently not so. Many factions on the SSHIP map didn't have interests in expanding their power in the 12th century. Some didn't even truly existed as separate entities (Serbia, Lithuania), or were just cities with trade-political ambitions. Not that the depiction of the history by the Med2 engine itself makes much sense... But this is a simple game. For many, the campaign is just an occassion to fight battles with the Medieval units. Fair play.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 07, 2023 at 01:40 PM.

I think there was some interests among the players in playing Scotland in the past, recently not so
    Probably was caused by Mel Gibsons Braveheart and the Scots lifting their kilts showing there butts to the English.
    That even was put in MTW2.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I like the kingdom of Scotland. I like its isolated location, its mountains - it is somehow similar to my country, Georgia. I like its Celtic culture.I also really like Celtic music.But the Scottish units seem monotonous, especially the shields are very primitive and vanilla. It would be great if this could be fixed in the future
    Last edited by Khevsur; August 08, 2023 at 04:00 AM.
    Georgian Medieval Shields By Khevsur

https://www.mediafire.com/file/017uq....2023.rar/file

How come the Scottish provincial titles are not available for the faction leader to obtain (without transferring from another general)? Currently the first obtainable (without transfers) PT for David of Scotland is through conquest (York/Caernarvon), which seems a bit odd.

Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
     Trigger dearmad_edinburgh 
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement
     Condition SettlementName Edinburgh
     and IsGeneral
     and not IsFactionLeader
     and not CharacterReligion islam
     and not CultureType greek
     and not HasAncType dearmad_her
     and not FactionwideAncillaryExists dearmad_edinburgh
     and Trait FitForOffice > 1

AcquireAncillary dearmad_edinburgh chance 100
    I like to always have the capital PT for the FL for roleplay reasons, but if there's a reasoning why this isn't intended for Scotland, I can live with it

---

Another thing I noticed from the current royal family setup is that it really encourages the player to expand early on, as M2TW children limitations prevent the birth of a new child before either a) the death of David or his nephew which can take dozens of turns judging by their starting ages or b) taking York or Caernarvon. On the other hand, this sounds like a fun challenge if playing without financial aid - you need to either provoke England to attack you and then retaliate, or pass through their lands to try and submit the Welsh to see it's better to be a part of Scotland than to be on the yoke of England

currently playing scotland on campaign VH / battle H. first SSHIP campaign. not using the free bonus money

scotland is an awful starting position, but i think its realistic, you're not supposed to become a massive kingdom until much later. all you can do is survive, like history. having only two provinces for maybe 100 turns doesn't work well with the engine's design; currently i have 3 old men with their wives as my family, none of them have any kids, except for the faction leader who has a DAUGHTER. for some reason (i've restarted this campaign over 3 times) the game keeps giving me DAUGHTERS. i made good use of them though, my eldest was gorgeous (max charm) but i only got some diplomacy out of her and a marriage to a capable young scot with some chivalry. my youngest was named "the Gorgon" and was hideous (1 charm) i married her to some new lord who turned out to be absolutely terrible at running any city, but i have no other men... my middle daughter with above average charm is the one who i married to England's faction heir, and even though the idea of an alliance with the English disgusted me, it was the most prosperous time for Scotland for years... i was able to finally disband my armies, i could actually build up a small economy. decades later, england did betray me with a full stack at my capital, and i had to empty my treasury for mercenaries to survive that attack.

i dont understand why the game kept giving me daughters every campaign. because your generals and children are capped by your territory, i have only 2 lands and my men are all over the age of 50, with no sons left. you can't expand early either, because you have horrible light troops, and England is filled to the brim with heavy cavalry and professional foot. even when i beat one of their armies, im crippled and have to crawl back home, where the English come to finish me because i can't retrain in time.

scotland is cut off from the rest of mainland europe, there is no way to build a port until maybe turn 100 and that's if you are never attacked, so you get no trade rights nor map visibility. as scotland you will basically end turn for hours doing nothing, its not fun gameplay. there are supposed to be what i think are the davidian reforms, but they aren't implemented in the mod yet.

i got used to always being in debt, never having enough men, and being isolated, as long as i could slowly grow over 100 years. but i think my main issue is the family cap based on territory. there are no kids. if my daughters marry men into my family, they take up the space. my kings don't produce princes. and again, taking towns to raise the cap is NOT POSSIBLE as early scotland, you can possibly steal york but you will die for it. i read that william wallace should show up around turn 125 or so. i dont even know if i'll survive until then

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast