Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. September 8th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by king13galford View Post
    Silent reader here…love playing this mod…will there be a new version coming out soon or at least an update…i’m thinking of starting a new game and i’m hoping that if a new version is coming out soon that it will be save compatible so i can continue my campaign…anyways, thank you for making this classic game better and more addictive…i’ve been playing this game since 2007…my wife thought that this is a new game when she saw me playing this mod…anyways…thanks for the hard work and looking forward for some updates…
    Yes, I know what you mean, my way of dealing with addictiveness of games is that I only play MTW2, so I get bored after a while, have some rest and after some weeks play another campaign, get bored and so on.. This way I learn a little history, programming and not loose too much time in real life. God only knows what would happen if I tried all the available new strategy games

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by king13galford View Post
    i’m thinking of starting a new game and i’m hoping that if a new version is coming out soon that it will be save compatible so i can continue my campaign…
    Campaigns are rarely compatible.
    Upload a save from your campaign anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo4 View Post
    Another error in \data\export_descr_unit.txt: game treats units with the "very hardy" attribute (currently only Spartharii tou Vasileos, which is the unit #456) as if they have the "hardy" attribute. That's due to the attribute having a space instead of an underscore: the correct attribute is "very_hardy" (all quotation marks excluded).
    noted, thanks! will be fixed somehow in the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by louigi View Post
    thank you for the answer! i'm at turn 54 now, still enjoying it very much, but I have found some irregularities which can be potentially game-breaking that i just want to share with the devs.

first of all suddenly my priests are gone. i didn't pay attention to them( i had 2) for a dozen turns but when i needed them they were nowhere to be found. i right-click agents but nowhere to be found..
    but the worst thing is that i can't recruit new priests! because for some reason the agent limit is reached while I have 0 priests.. could this be a bug or am i missing something?

the following remarks aren't bugs but just things that i think if changed could make the game better:
    -movement points of armies too high: i completely agree if it is high for generals, but now you can just move full stacks of armies around europe in few turns.. it's a bit ridiculous really
    - almost all my family member are administratively minded. i have 7 male family members now and only one of them is military minded(my king)
    -the armies in rebel settlement( independent souvereignities) are too powerful. In the first 20 turns I could easily conquer them, but suddenly the armies, for example in Ghent were being built up very fast to the point most of the rebel settlements around me have OP armies. like 5 of more units of norman searjents and other elite units. there's no way they could muster these units so fast..
    1. upload a save
    2. no idea about the priests. they might have turned heretics?
    3. movement has be lowered some time ago. for the moment we don't have plans to curb it more.
    4. well, this may happen. the ratio should be between 6-4 and 7-3, but it's stochastic
    5. they could but they shouldn't. thanks for the info, will look into it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Our development has slowed down recently, so the changes for the next version won't be enormous. The reported bugs will be fixed, there'll be more buildings as announced in the other thread, some evolution of the factions and historical events added, fixes to the code (one can be significant, related to the aggressor mechanism, with fixing an issue discovered by @Macaras, new version of the AI & diplomacy files by @Macaras, perhaps some changes of the units coming from @kostic.
    I would think (without any consultation with the rest of the team) we'd publish a version in early December.
    Now I'd think the new edition will be in January. There won't be many changes though, only the Almoravids will be updated and enriched with buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by dijenek999 View Post
    Thank you Jurand! I got also one strange message around 1268, turn after i conquered Constantinopole with Georgia, that my capital T'pilisi is lost to enemies. But city was perfectly fine that turn.
    can you upload a save? preferably just before that turn 1268

hello devs, i've started my first 0.98 campaign yesterday (with france). it's been a challenging but very enjoyable and immersive experience so far. in the 16th turn i conquered clermont, now up to Dijon!
    i'm playing on medium campaign and hard battle difficulty
    upload a save from your campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardDuck View Post
    I'm playing on Hard/Hard for difficulty
    upload a save!

---------------- (reminder for myself):

I'm still to elaborate on this question:

Quote Originally Posted by dijenek999 View Post
    2. Remembering in earlier version some civil wars on AI side. Is it disabled now in this new version? Also i didn't have any civil war on my side, but i am maintaining heirs pretty good so i guess that could be the reason.
    3. Wondering is there any scripted event that will slow down or stop Mongols? They destroying everything very easily. They destroyed Cumans, Seljucs, Zengids and now Fatmids are also near end. I know it was strongest force in history, but wondering is there any civil war or something to slow them .
    4. Didn't see many crusades. Few at beggining, and only one few turns ago to France city Barxiluna. Wondering will there be any crusades against Mongols? And what generally triggers them?
    5. my first heir in Georgia campaign, when he become faction leader, was getting Expert mining or similar mining trait for few turns in row
    I'll try to answer these questions. I'll edit this post, now just a start.
    ad. 2 - there should be. Let me...
    ad. 3 - their benefits should fade away as the time progresses. But it may be too slow, need to check ...
    ad. 4 - this might be due to the lower number of priests. I don't know the mechanisms ruling the crusades, someone needs to explore it.
    ad. 5 - let me see, traits are my area of modding.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 13, 2022 at 05:08 AM.

I might have found some more stuff regarding armor that could need a review, but this time I'd like a modder to please either confirm that the following points* are true, or to explain how stat_pri_armour and armour_ug_levels work exactly. Once I know how armor upgrades work, I plan to check the armor of various units and report anything amiss I find.

* They represent what I understood from reading the comments at the beginning of export_descr_unit.txt.

Using the Spear Militia (unit #133) as an example:
    Code:
    stat_pri_armour  1, 1, 4, flesh
    armour_ug_levels 0, 1, 6, 10
    Are the following points correct?
    1) armour_ug_levels 0: armorer level 0 is a prerequisite to recruit the unit in a settlement (in this case, the unit can be recruited even if there isn't an armorer in the settlement).
    2) stat_pri_armour 1: the unit spawns with level 1 armor.
    3) armour_ug_levels 0, 1: when the armorer can produce level 1 armor, the unit can be upgraded to level 1 armor at a cost. But what happens in this case? That the unit doesn't upgrade, or that it does at a cost but the armor level stays the same?
    4) armour_ug_levels 0, 1, 6, 10: 1, 6 and 10 are the armor levels that the unit will have after the first, second and third armor upgrade, respectively.

If they are, what should I report?
    A) The armor value in stat_pri_armour (i.e. the first value) is higher than the first value of armour_ug_levels.
    B) The second, third and/or fourth value(s) of armour_ug_levels is/are the same as the armor value in stat_pri_armour.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry double post, but I can't edit my posts.
    C) armour_ug_levels has a value repeated more than one time (like for the Musketeers (unit #96), as reported in a post above).

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

sorry.. I can't post my save file. it's gone because i completely deleted med II and reinstalled it. now I want to install SSHIP compatible with steam( apparently that's a thing, i've seen it on this thread). Btw I don't think it was installed faultlessly. for example my launcher file didn't have the SSHIP icon.

sorry.. I can't post my save file. it's gone because i completely deleted med II and reinstalled it. now I want to install SSHIP compatible with steam( apparently that's a thing, i've seen it on this thread). Btw I don't think it was installed faultlessly. for example my launcher file didn't have the SSHIP icon.
    there's an .ico file in the folder, you need to assign it to the launcher manually yourself.

@Echo4: I don't know the ins and outs of the system.
    Maybe reading this file would enlighten you.

I just saw what will be new in January and it's great to see more new buildings and improvements in general! but one question, won't more new models of kostic units be added? I think he already had a few new models iirc...
    another cool thing would be if @umbra could finish his georgian unit roster and add him to sship!
    but in general thankful that the mod continues to improve and live for many more years!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I also want to participate in the January version. On the program, new AOR units (scouts, Syrian auxiliaries, Daylami light infantry, Ruthenian archers) and other units should be assigned to certain factions.
    With this I should also associate new unit cards and info_unit images...

All of this is ongoing. I hope to be able to introduce it in the next version.

Hey. I started a campaign with Portugal VH/VH and I've had a miserable experience. I started with attacking and taking Lisboa but the moors wouldn't stop sending doom stacks and Spain decided to attack me even tho we were allies. So in short, I lost.

I could probably have handled the moors but Spain attacking my capital killed me. Why doesn't the AI get punished by the Pope for attacking me?

And the turn times were around 2 min long very far from what is stated on the start post.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken2007 View Post
    Hey. I started a campaign with Portugal VH/VH and I've had a miserable experience. I started with attacking and taking Lisboa but the moors wouldn't stop sending doom stacks and Spain decided to attack me even tho we were allies. So in short, I lost.

I could probably have handled the moors but Spain attacking my capital killed me. Why doesn't the AI get punished by the Pope for attacking me?

And the turn times were around 2 min long very far from what is stated on the start post.
    Portugal at vh/vh should a miserable experience, it should be the worst faction to play with on the map.

Turn times - shouldn't be so, it depends on the installation of other programs (anti-virus soft etc.). Me, @Belovese, and some players reported 30-40 seconds with not-so-new computers, without any special arrangements (I do have anti-vir and I don't switch it off).

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Portugal at vh/vh should a miserable experience, it should be the worst faction to play with on the map.

Turn times - shouldn't be so, it depends on the installation of other programs (anti-virus soft etc.). Me, @Belovese, and some players reported 30-40 seconds with not-so-new computers, without any special arrangements (I do have anti-vir and I don't switch it off).
    I got an antivirus as well and turning it off didn't do much. Otherwise just the usual stuff. Really have no idea how you even get those turn times.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I also want to participate in the January version. On the program, new AOR units (scouts, Syrian auxiliaries, Daylami light infantry, Ruthenian archers) and other units should be assigned to certain factions.
    With this I should also associate new unit cards and info_unit images...

All of this is ongoing. I hope to be able to introduce it in the next version.
    Ok perfect friend, looking forward to see your progress in the next version!
    For another hand @kostic Would it also be possible that when you can give new models of the battle map to the Muslim heirs and sultans? since currently all the models of generals in battle map are the same and cannot be differentiated as the European heirs and kings who have different clothing or crowns and differentiates them from the rest of the generals of their faction,
    for example, give him a different type of turban, cape or armor compared to Muslim generals, which if I remember correctly come from the Broken Crescent mod models
    Last edited by j.a.luna; December 16, 2022 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Muslim Kings and heirs proposal
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

@louigi: Those three posts have been moved from this thread to here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16125797

@Jurand of Cracow: Thanks for the file. It was an interesting read, but in the end I decided to test things anyway.

If anyone wants to read that file but has problems visualizing the formattation properly, I'd suggest opening the file with Notepad++, deactivating Word wrap (either by clicking the button in the top bar or via View → Word wrap) and then Settings → Preferences... → Language → Tab size: 8.

The following tests were conducted in custom battles, selecting Open Forest first, then the second Grassy Plain map, very hard difficulty and all periods, with 1 unit of human-controlled English Musketeers (unit #96) holding fire vs 1 unit of AI-controlled Venetian Levy Archers shooting arrows at them till they ran out of ammo. All changes were applied to the Musketeers.

Musketeer unit has the following stats:
    Code:
    stat_pri_armour  0, 5, 0, flesh
    armour_ug_levels 0, 6, 6, 23
    Test 1: No changes.
    Results: Circa 50% of the Musketeers remain (test was done only once).

Test 2: 3 armor upgrades.
    Results: Circa 67% of the Musketeers remain (test was done only once).

Test 3: First value of stat_pri_armour set to 23.
    Results: Circa 100% of the Musketeers remain (test was done only once).
    Conclusions: armour_ug_levels does not appear to be the level of armor that the unit will have after the armor upgrade. Therefore, what is written in RC 2.0 MEDIEVAL.txt does not appear to be correct.

Test 4: First value of stat_pri_armour set to 3.
    Results: Circa 67% of the Musketeers remain (test was done only once).
    Conclusions: Each armor upgrade adds 1 value of armor, and the armor value in the info panel that opens when right-clicking on a unit is the actual value.

The following tests were conducted starting a new campaign as England.

Spear Militia unit has the following stats:
    Code:
    stat_pri_armour  1, 1, 4, flesh
    stat_cost        1, 334, 334, 75, 334, 334, 4, 100
    armour_ug_levels 0, 1, 6, 10
    Test 5: No changes.
    Results: The info panel that opens when right-clicking on a Spear Militia unit in London says that the next armor upgrade is leather (which, looking at \data\text\expanded.txt, appears to be wrong), but the info panel that opens when right-clicking the same unit in the Retrain tab in London says that it can be upgraded to level 2 armor. The Spear Militia in Lincoln can't be upgraded.

Test 6: Second value of armour_ug_levels set to 2.
    Results: The info panel that opens when right-clicking on a Spear Militia unit in London says that the next armor upgrade is padded (which, looking at \data\text\expanded.txt, appears to be correct), and the info panel that opens when right-clicking the same unit in the Retrain tab in London says that it can be upgraded to level 2 armor. The Spear Militia in Lincoln can't be upgraded.
    Conclusions: armour_ug_levels does not appear to be the level of the armorer required for the next armor upgrade. Therefore, what is written in export_descr_unit.txt does not appear to be correct.

Test 7: First value of stat_pri_armour set to 10.
    Results: Spear Militias start with level 10 armor. The info panel that opens when right-clicking on a Spear Militia unit in London says that the next armor upgrade is leather, but the info panel that opens when right-clicking the same unit in the Retrain tab in London says that it can be upgraded to level 11 armor. The Spear Militia in Lincoln can't be upgraded.
    Conclusions: armour_ug_levels appears to be the level of armor that the armorer needs to be able to produce in order to upgrade the armor of the unit to the next level. Also, same conclusion as test 4

Test 8: Second value of armour_ug_levels set to 0.
    Results: The info panel that opens when right-clicking on a Spear Militia unit both in London and Lincoln says that the next armor upgrade is none, but the info panel that opens when right-clicking the same unit in the Retrain tab both in London and Lincoln says that it can be upgraded to level 2 armor.
    Conclusions: Same as test 7.

Test 9: First value of stat_pri_armour set to 0, and third value of armour_ug_levels set to 2.
    Results: The info panel that opens when right-clicking on a Spear Militia unit in London says that the next armor upgrade is leather (which, looking at \data\text\expanded.txt, appears to be correct - or not, see later), but the info panel that opens when right-clicking the same unit in the Retrain tab in London says that it can be upgraded to level 2 armor. The Spear Militia in Lincoln can't be upgraded. After the upgrade, which cost 334 florins, the unit had two armor upgrades (silver shield), and the tooltip said it had level 2 armor and the next armor upgrade would be partial heavy mail.
    Conclusions: If an armorer can produce armor of high enough level, a unit can skip armor upgrade levels and receive the highest quality armor it can at the cost of one single armor upgrade.

Axe Militia unit has the following stats:
    Code:
    stat_pri_armour  1, 1, 3, flesh
    armour_ug_levels 0, 1
    Test 10: No changes.
    Results: Both London and Lincoln can recruit Axe Militias.

Test 11: First value of stat_pri_armour set to 10, first value of armour_ug_levels set to 10 and second value of armour_ug_levels set to 11.
    Results: Both London and Lincoln can recruit Axe Militias.
    Conclusions: Neither the first value of stat_pri_armour nor the first value of armour_ug_levels affect a unit recruitability in settlements that either don't have armorers, or have armorers that can't produce armor of the quality used by the base, unupgraded unit.

I tried using stat_armour_ex as detailed in export_descr_unit.txt, but that results in CTDs.

Can't remember if it was already reported, but Tarabulus in northern Africa can't be upgraded. Saw a fix for Utrecht a while ago, but not for Tarabulus.

Quote Originally Posted by Waluk View Post
    Can't remember if it was already reported, but Tarabulus in northern Africa can't be upgraded. Saw a fix for Utrecht a while ago, but not for Tarabulus.
    It's on purpose as it looks historical. But may be dealt differently with, if we come to such conclusion.
    ; TARABULUS - has HR desert so hinterland_farms can go only up to 1. Roads cannot be built.

can someone tell me what triggers a settelment's name change?

Quote Originally Posted by SkarinV View Post
    can someone tell me what triggers a settelment's name change?
    conquest of the settlement.

i took sision as crusader states but it's name never changed, i got no pop up or event.
    something must have happened to the script.

Quote Originally Posted by SkarinV View Post
    i took sision as crusader states but it's name never changed, i got no pop up or event.
    something must have happened to the script.
    yeah, that's possibly right. I've observed it for Serbia and the change of Ragusa or Skadar name, don't remember. No idea why it happens, it shouldn't. Did it happen after a siege you'd conducted manually? Maybe there's a kind of "wait" command that made passing over the code in the script? Just a guess, I really don't know what happens.

i took sision with after the rebels sallied out to fight me, maybe that did something.
    btw does halab or damasscus change names also?