Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: NEW VERSION - August 10th

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Great @Jurand! We have now another new version!! , but it is save game compatible with the June version?
    of course, not.

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

any playthroughs or feedback you would like people to focus on?

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    any playthroughs or feedback you would like people to focus on?
    The modified ;-) questions we're looking for the answers to are, among others, as follows:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The questions about the parameters in-game:
    (1) the re-fill of the recruitment pools (ie: how often you and the AI can recruit another unit) - is the number of units available in game ok, or there're still too many? In particular, do you see differences for the knights units?
    (2) how fast the AI builds up the settlements - we've noticed that in the 200-turn saves all settlements are at the level of fortress + or large city +. There's been some modifications of the parameters aiming at slowing down this process. So how does it look now? Or maybe the changes were too extreeme and the AI is not able to build up the settlements?
    (3) the speed of conversion of the provinces - it was deemed too fast and significant change in one parameter was made. How it's now? (for the player, but it concerns also the AI)
    (4) relative amounts of income from various sources, eg. do you see the reason to invest in mines? or do you see the merchants as an importans source?

Particular issues we're interested in you experience with and opinions on:
    [A] Armies that emerge after a province is conquered (when you conquer - there'll be an AI army, while sometimes you'd be given an army when the AI conquers something).
    [B] The evolution of Notre Dame (Suger, Notre Dame builldable etc) - have you seen it and when, were you able to build other stuff after it happened?
    [C] The evolution of the Latin universities (Bologna uni...) - there are a few events related to it.
    [D] Special uprisings and invasions - have you seen them (eg Prussians in Poland, Bedouins in Africa, later in the game - the Catalans).
    [E] Regional buildings evolution (Var, Hansa, Norman Stronholds, Rus Monasteries, Palazzo and many other) - have you experienced the progression? what do you think?
    [F] Relative abundance / deprivation of the the missile troops (archers / crossbows / horse archers) - is there a balance or not?
    [G] The princesses - it the script working for you? How do you assess the number of them in-game? Do you marry them off or use as diplomats?
    [H] Supply traits and associated costs (and additional cost in general) - does it make any change to your game? Maybe the price should be higher?
    [I] Traits: number of the battles / of years as governor - does you check it, or you'd consider it redundant?
    [J] Pictures: have you comments (specific/general) on the pictures that accompany the events?
    [K] How aggressive the AI is? Does it start the wars? How often? Are there many wars between the AI factions?
    [L] Have you seen the AI Faction Leaders with crowns?

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

h*ly it's half a year ago i played this mod. decided to take a look at TWC sship and apparently a whole new update has just dropped hahah awesome.

Majkl's Avatar Miles

Hey, regional buildings such as Vár should be in game since last update right? Or did I misunderstood that? Cuz if I open my game, I can not find Var in building browser in any of hungarian settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by Majkl View Post
    Hey, regional buildings such as Vár should be in game since last update right? Or did I misunderstood that? Cuz if I open my game, I can not find Var in building browser in any of hungarian settlements.
    It is. As a few reforms for Hungary. So play a few turns, and you'll see it available.

(2) how fast the AI builds up the settlements - we've noticed that in the 200-turn saves all settlements are at the level of fortress + or large city +. There's been some modifications of the parameters aiming at slowing down this process. So how does it look now? Or maybe the changes were too extreeme and the AI is not able to build up the settlements?
    On the old June SSHIP0.98:
    I played England up till 370 turn and Wales and the small Scottish settlement never made it to minor city. Especially Wales constantly lost citizens. Even a good governer couldn't change that.
    I never was able to get a harbor in Wales. I changed both castles to town.

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    On the old June SSHIP0.98:
    I played England up till 370 turn and Wales and the small Scottish settlement never made it to minor city. Especially Wales constantly lost citizens. Even a good governer couldn't change that.
    I never was able to get a harbor in Wales. I changed both castles to town.
    Seems to be a quite historical - and thus desired - effect, very good. Wales was a poor and sparcely populated region until industrialization age. I'd say Northern Scottland still is in the 21c. (although maybe not so poor ;-).
    Thanks for the info!

New update concerning AI's expansion seems perfect. France for example was regularly hosting armies composed of nothing but Feudal Knights and Sergeants, yet still somehow had the funds to upgrade nearly all of their cities to Large. Nordvegr itself was a huge pain in the ass in my previous campaign with their armies being composed of so many Hirdsmen and Feudal Foot Knights, who can all assume a Shield wall; making them very tanky even against Cavalry Charges.

Granted, Cavalry is still preferred against them. And also granted, I was playing on hard. But it seemed not very dubious for the Nords, who at the time had about 5 or 7 settlements, to be spamming more Knights than Levies.

"- Vlach uprising system - massive script that will prompt rebellions in the Balkan provinces (counting probabilities in each province separately), and count the tensions at the level of whole region culminating in a massive uprising in AD 1185 style."

Vlach uprising?
    It was a Bulgarian uprising supported by the Vlachs which culminated in the restoration of Bulgaria as the "Second Bulgarian Tsardom/Empire" emerged.
    Through the Asen Dynasty. The battle of Tryavna in 1187 was the culmination.
    As the Vlachs remained allies north of the Dunabe river to Bulgaria.

Will the players be able to play as the rebellion? Any faction?

Battle of Tryavna was in 1190*

Quote Originally Posted by Bokbg View Post
    "- Vlach uprising system - massive script that will prompt rebellions in the Balkan provinces (counting probabilities in each province separately), and count the tensions at the level of whole region culminating in a massive uprising in AD 1185 style."

Vlach uprising?
    It was a Bulgarian uprising supported by the Vlachs which culminated in the restoration of Bulgaria as the "Second Bulgarian Tsardom/Empire" emerged.
    Through the Asen Dynasty. The battle of Tryavna in 1187 was the culmination.
    As the Vlachs remained allies north of the Dunabe river to Bulgaria.

Will the players be able to play as the rebellion? Any faction?
    Hi @Bokbg, good to see you, and to see that something has attacted your interest .
    I hope you'll provide a check on the ideas in the SSHIP, and, like Majkl, perhaps some texts to be included :-)

The Vlach uprising system concept is not confined to Bulgaria, and the provinces will be quite different. Perhaps, these will even not be the Bulgarian provinces - see a provisionsl map below. The Vlach system will provide a check on the player's expansion. The Bulgarian uprising will still be there as a separte script, perhaps to keep Byzantium (and later Hungary and Serbia, if big enough) in check. To be developed.

Thanks for the quick reply and clarification!
    So no new playable factions in the region?
    I remember in Rome 1 BI we could have emerging factions as playable.

Keep up the good work btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Bokbg View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply and clarification!
    So no new playable factions in the region?
    I remember in Rome 1 BI we could have emerging factions as playable.
    There's a hardcoded limit of the number of factions in the Med2 engine, and we have them all filled in. Not possible to add another faction without removing one.

Gotcha

Is there a link to download this sub-mod?

There's a hardcoded limit of the number of factions in the Med2 engine, and we have them all filled in. Not possible to add another faction without removing one.
    Get rid of Scotland.

Icon5 Re: NEW VERSION - August 10th

Can "hardcode limit" be exceeded with "chatgpt"? Maybe there is a way to break this limit? If I was a modder like you, I would try to remove this limit with "chatgpt".

@Jurand of Cracow
    Last edited by Berk; August 11, 2023 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berk View Post
    Can "hardcode limit" be exceeded with "chatgpt"? Maybe there is a way to break this limit? If I was a modder like you, I would try to remove this limit with "chatgpt".
    @Jurand of Cracow
    I have enought plans what to mod in the current version, that I'm not interested in investing time in something I don't understand, whatever you've got in mind (perhaps the M2TWEOP project).

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    Get rid of Scotland.
    it's a faction useful to keep England in check (constant threat, and may reemerge)