Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Default Re: NEW! SSHIP ver. 0.98 - March 27th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

I am terribly sorry for multiposting (or whatever you call 3 messages in a row), but I can't figure out how 2006esque message boards work, its all greek for me, please dont ban me ;(
    Anyway, another question - what are the conditions for recruitment military order knights?
    I am playing a Hungary campaign, VH/VH, and I was never able to recruit them, high or low relations with the pope (tbh mostly low that demanding prick amirite???)
    Now turn 265, and I suddenly find myself to be able to hire them, yet my relations continue to be pretty bad (3 crosses). 'Hospitaliers in Hungary' event was like turn 150-ish and i got the ability to build chapter houses and got 4 unit army, but never got to actually hire them even with level 3 chapter houses. I am very confused.

Hey Guys, well done for the great update and thank you for continuing your work on this game - no other Total War comes close to Medieval II !!! I have a question/ask - how can I permanently DISABLE COMMAND CONSOLE (to disable cheats)? I have tried many workarounds I found online and none of them works...well, some work until you enter the battle and afterwards (on the campaign map) it reverts to console being available again.... When I asked somewhere all I get is the pointer to useless solutions or comments like "stop sucking at the game", " play properly", etc.... I have played Medieval 2 from the day 1 (I actually took 2 weeks of PTO to play it hehe...) so I just want to have fun with it and the temptation to cheat here and then ruins it a bit for me.... Thanks again for the great mod (I think I have played them all by now) and thank you in advance for your help!!!

I played a Lithuania campaign for 125 turns with the March version + kostic's updated/fixed EDU.

Here's a zip file containing saves from turns 50, 100, 123 (lit2) and 125. I would've continued the campaign, but it ends in a CTD at turn 125 every time I try to either attack the Novgorodian army besieging Riga or even just end the turn without fighting. I started having CTDs when saving from turn 124 onwards, and can't directly load the turn 125 save myself. A workaround is to load the turn 123 save (lit2), and after it has successfully loaded, load the turn 125 save. I tried also loading the turn 123 and playing from there onwards, but the CTD still happens at 125. Before these issues I experienced the sally out CTDs against Poland on multiple occasions, as reported in the bug thread. After my last report in that thread there were two sally out CTDs I think, this time in Plock and Gdansk IIRC.

In the zip there's also a spreadsheet about the compositions of almost every enemy army (non-rebel factions) that entered my realm barring one or two Polish resistance armies I forgot to mark, as they wandered off of my conquered lands without attacking or forcing me to attack them. The detailed lists aren't complete, as I didn't always have a spy at hand to check the armies, or there was no peaceful stand-off phase at the beginning of the battle (I chose not to pause the game if the enemy was closing in). I realised after a while that it would've been useful to add a column for the enemy armies' total headcount, and what I chose to do with prisoners, but maybe next time.

Some quick remarks for this specific version:

+ The new looting system is a very good addition! An additional source of income helped a lot in the early game Lithuania with financial aid off. I'm however uncertain if the current levels of income generated by battle looting are a bit too high, but to get a better feel would require testing other factions too.
    + The landowner unit spam from the previous version looks to be gone indeed, which made the battles in general much more enjoyable! The AI seems to utilize a more diverse set of units at least in the early game.

+- The AI also used some archers, albeit only in about half of the battles, and mainly low-end archers such as Hunters and Slavic Levy Archers. Hard to tell, whether the hunters were recruited mostly as mercenaries, or does the AI for some reason prefer cheaper and weaker archers in castle recruiting over Archers (Poland) or Ruthenian Archers (Novgorod, Rus).
    +- The Rus got completely ripped apart by the Cumans, Hungary and Novgorod. I don't know if the AI seeks & is able to also get a ceasefire with some of its enemies, if it's attacked on multiple fronts. IIRC the Rus were at war with all three for a prolonged time, during which they lost Volodymyr and Halych to Hungary, Turov, Kiev and Chernigov to Novgorod, and Pereslavl to the Cumans.

- The March version doesn't seem to be as stable as previous versions. I haven't had this many battle CTDs before, and hadn't encountered a campaign-breaking-looking CTD either (although I haven't played past ~150 turns in previous versions anyhow).

I'll give another faction a go to see, if the battle CTDs were Poland-related only, and if I can get further in the campaign. Other than the instability, this version is very good at least as a small faction!

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

For CTDs during battles, I tested a solution which seems to remove them with the previous version (does it work with the new version?):
    I delete in the data all the AiSet1,2,3,4,5 folders and also the battle_config.xml and config_ai_battle.xml files

From what I understand, the battle AI is already written in the descr_strat file.
    This trick therefore does not waste Germanicus' work on the battle AI.

@vovery : I tried Lit125 and it crashed when loading.I tried Lit2 (124th turn) and the game seems very unstable: before or after a battle against rebels, an attempt to save and the game crashes...
    Finally, I managed to get through to turn 127, which I'll link to you if you'd like to continue this campaign (I confess I didn't take much care of your kingdom ).
    Last edited by kostic; April 12, 2024 at 04:10 PM.

Has anyone managed to get working with Mac?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    From what I understand, the battle AI is already written in the descr_strat file. This trick therefore does not waste Germanicus' work on the battle AI.

@vovery : I tried Lit125 and it crashed when loading.I tried Lit2 (124th turn) and the game seems very unstable: before or after a battle against rebels, an attempt to save and the game crashes...
    Finally, I managed to get through to turn 127, which I'll link to you if you'd like to continue this campaign (I confess I didn't take much care of your kingdom ).
    I've also experienced crash with at turn 125, but from the file with 127 I could progress to 128.
    on the kostic's trick: no, the AI behaviour is defined in the campaign_script.txt, not in the descr_strat.txt. The latter has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziupski View Post
    Hey Guys, well done for the great update and thank you for continuing your work on this game - no other Total War comes close to Medieval II !!! I have a question/ask - how can I permanently DISABLE COMMAND CONSOLE (to disable cheats)? I have tried many workarounds I found online and none of them works...well, some work until you enter the battle and afterwards (on the campaign map) it reverts to console being available again.... When I asked somewhere all I get is the pointer to useless solutions or comments like "stop sucking at the game", " play properly", etc.... I have played Medieval 2 from the day 1 (I actually took 2 weeks of PTO to play it hehe...) so I just want to have fun with it and the temptation to cheat here and then ruins it a bit for me.... Thanks again for the great mod (I think I have played them all by now) and thank you in advance for your help!!!
    I don't think it's possible

Quote Originally Posted by fgtnnpasswrd View Post
    I am terribly sorry for multiposting (or whatever you call 3 messages in a row), but I can't figure out how 2006esque message boards work, its all greek for me, please dont ban me ;(
    Anyway, another question - what are the conditions for recruitment military order knights?
    I am playing a Hungary campaign, VH/VH, and I was never able to recruit them, high or low relations with the pope (tbh mostly low that demanding prick amirite???)
    Now turn 265, and I suddenly find myself to be able to hire them, yet my relations continue to be pretty bad (3 crosses). 'Hospitaliers in Hungary' event was like turn 150-ish and i got the ability to build chapter houses and got 4 unit army, but never got to actually hire them even with level 3 chapter houses. I am very confused.
    Good relations with the Pope is needed indeed (coded: better than -0.3). If you can hire them with bad elations, it's a bug.

Attacking only with generals is a great idea of a script, but unfortunately the Med2 engine riots heavily against it. In every campaign in SSHIP I've played (different factions, different playstyle) there is a considerable dip in new generals around turn 180-200, and another one in turn 280-300. I guess hero of the hour is disabled, so you can't get a new general that way as well. I don't really know why I get no new adoption/marriage proposals (and there are like 2-3 underage sons in family tree), It reaaaaaly sucks to play 1 general per 4 provinces.
    It's hardcoded and depends on the number of the generals - family members (not only in the Family Tree, but named as generals plus children in the family tree, iirc). No relation to the number of turns.
    btw, if you had played so many games, upload those saves!
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 14, 2024 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Thank you kostic for your efforts, I appreciate it! I'll see how the situation looks like at the progressed save, and if I can salvage something. Do you remember how you got the campaign to progress through the turn 125 - did you do something specific? I could still try to progress it myself too from the earlier turn, as there seems to be hope of getting through the problematic turn. The turn 125 came with a dire situation, as Novgorod made their move after a long period of peace with them.

Not sure if it's intentional or not, but something feels off about the "deranged" and "anger" trait trees.
    Nearly every general who fights in battles ends up getting these traits.
    I'll send a general into a battle and suddenly they have "A bit odd" and "Easily Riled" despite the fact that they just fought off a three unit stack of rebels.
    Is this intentional? Was it implemented as a way to punish using the general units? (Despite being basically required to avoid getting bad traits)

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    Thank you kostic for your efforts, I appreciate it! I'll see how the situation looks like at the progressed save, and if I can salvage something. Do you remember how you got the campaign to progress through the turn 125 - did you do something specific? I could still try to progress it myself too from the earlier turn, as there seems to be hope of getting through the problematic turn. The turn 125 came with a dire situation, as Novgorod made their move after a long period of peace with them.
    That's what I've noticed - Novgorod relieving Revel and besieging Vilnius at the same time. It' how it should be done by the player himself, the AI is really good here.
    BTW, I've recently played two battles in the Ultimate General, and the AI is proved to be even worse than in the Med2TW in at least one of them. What shows that programming a good AI is a damn difficult thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina of Catarina View Post
    Not sure if it's intentional or not, but something feels off about the "deranged" and "anger" trait trees.
    Nearly every general who fights in battles ends up getting these traits.
    I'll send a general into a battle and suddenly they have "A bit odd" and "Easily Riled" despite the fact that they just fought off a three unit stack of rebels.
    Is this intentional? Was it implemented as a way to punish using the general units? (Despite being basically required to avoid getting bad traits)
    Not intentional. I need to check it. However, nothing's changed since the previous version (and indeed since the first release of the "new" SSHIP 0.96 or 0.97)
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 14, 2024 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Not intentional. I need to check it. However, nothing's changed since the previous version (and indeed since the first release of the "new" SSHIP 0.96 or 0.97)
    Odd. I've never had a problem with this before this specific version, though it could very well be terrible luck on my end given these traits are all luck based.

Okay, I think I had my 2 weeks of SSHIP fever, this is full post of my experiences in different campaigns. Every single one is vh/vh, no general only script.

First and foremost, my favorite Romans. Well, not much changed since the previous patch in terms of how the faction itself plays. But I have to say, even with releasing prisoners after every battle, prolonged ceasefires or alliances are not a thing.
    Kipchak-cumans are not sending everything they can each other turns to capture Tarnovo,, so holding it is not a choir anymore. However, Hungary and Crusader states got a significant buff, and now are tougher to deal with. Especially Hungary, before they had armies consistent mostly of trash infantry + a little bit of knights, now they can really do some damage to you, early with horse archers, later with heavy hospitaller units. Holding your new provinces is possible now due to happiness buff to autonomy buildings, but it gives a significant penalty to your recruitment, since your only source of good cav units is landowners building. I hope to see development of late Roman army (I understand that you have agreements with tsardoms team, maybe just copy-paste units from there?), changes in recruitment of Latinika tagmata unit (that were proposed like 2 patches ago I mean eh) and maybe a nerf/change to their scoutatoi units (too good). I forgot the reasons I quit the campaign, but I think it is a combination of inability to get a crown + enemies on all sides.

After that, I wanted to see if it is possible now to build a kingdom of Spain as Aragon.
    Overall, yes! The "camp looted" script gives you a solid advantage + with autonomy buildings buffed up it is much easier to control ex-alandalus provinces. However, the recruitment is all over the place with alforrats available in low-level stables, and not available in high level ones, assortment of infantry is meh, with only almughavars or foot knights being reliable enough. I won't start an argument that spearmen/sergant spearmen should be available to Aragon, but it seems a little bit silly. I haven't played that much, since at turn 160 I am already quite OP and it became very boring. So I can't say anything about mid or late units.

Then, after looking at posts of people playing as Hungary I got curious and decided to give it a try. In previous patches it was near impossible to play as them.
    This patch, I found it not so much hard. You get a handful of princesses early on, witch I spent to start marriage alliances with HRE and Romans. I maintained my alliances/neutralities, took Beograd on 2nd turn and later Vrhbosna from serbians (while Romans took everything else from them). Little bit later I expanded to Wien and Frieberg when HRE betrayed me, and took Zara and Venezsia from Venice. Romans had a strong presence in Italy, so they almost never broke our alliances, and I made sure to send my princesses and make another marriage alliance with them when possible. Dealing with HRE or Poland was extremely easy, since this is Med2, and if cavalry is king, then arch cavalry is emperor. Var building tree is OP as well and bonuses from it are extremely useful. Mid game military reforms were great, and I was really exited, finally I get to use good spearmen and crossbowmen, can't wait for whatever I will be able to recruit in next 100 turns. Only then 100 turns later... it is still pavise spearmen and arbalest militia. So a take a peak at export_descr_building and oh... Thats it? No professional crosbowmen? No heavy cav? No halberds? No foot banderium (every other european faction has access to their unique foot feudal knight unit) Men at arms are the best I can get? ooofffff I was mad I mean cmon black army of king Matthias. Then I got access to Hussar unit and I got even more upset. It is a definition of a hammer in search of nails. They are very light, got regular morale and cost almost as much as hospitaller knights (~150 gold difference in upkeep), but you have to waste 4 turns to recruit them! Merchant cav makes pretty much same impact in battle and you gonna have merchant guild in almost every city of yours (well, thats what I do anyway) + it got FREE UPKEEP!!! witch is crazy powerful in combo with war building that provide up to 2 bonus upkeep slots. Oh, and later I get "First pavise used in Pavia" event and i was like "huh, but I was using them for like ~200 already, this is sooo dumb". Maybe instead of pavise spearmen give Hungary access to speamen + dismounted sergeants at arms, and unlock pavise spearmen (and also buff them, since they appear later) when it is historically should happened. I gave up because of this lack of endgame units, and also because of inability to get the crown.

My last campaign is Piza. This one is pretty easy, I got Firenze and Bologna on turn 2 without sallying the rebels out, Venice attacked me, and lost Verona, then Venezsia, I took all northern Italy and destroyed HRE invasions with cav every time they tried to attack me. Sadly I couldn't keep Calary, HRE took it and then lost to Sicily. Romans got a little bit mad in this campaign, so there is no more Hungary, and Vienna and Freiberg are under their control, so I have to deal with hoards of heavy infantry trying to take Venezsia. They are so zealous in their goal to trample over me the Crusader states already took Constantinople, yet they dont seem to care much. I got access to Genoese crossbow militia in turn 100-something, and they got what? yes pavise, yes I think this is dumb. Yes, I'm giving up on this campaign too, because I CAN'T GET A CROWN. Son of my king, not a bastard, not married into family, not adopted, great traits, respects his father. He is heir presumptive, witch means he is gonna be a regent. Oh, that is just great, thank you med2 engine.

I love this mod, and I love Med2 in general. Recently, I've finally bought the steam version of Med2 and played a couple of games, and it reminded me why I love this game so much, and where this mod comes short.
    I am sorry if I sound harsh, of if my opinions are unwelcomed, I think this is a great mod and I want it to be a near perfect one. So, these are the changes that are much needed right now:

1) Change the starting date of the campaign to a later date, 25 to 50 years. It's just not fun to play with pesants with spears, pesants with bows and occasionally (if your purse can afford it) some knights for 100 first turns every game. I understand that this is a monumental task, that requires significant changes in campaign map and every script, but that just how it feels.

2) Part of map north of Caucasus and east of Novgorod should be empty/inaccessible. Unfortunately the limitations of Med2 engine makes so that region is sparsely populated with settlements, and it is just not fun to waste 2-3 turns to move army/agents from neighboring settlements.

3) Cuman Khanate was a confederation of loosely connected tribes and in my opinion is unnecessary as a faction. They can be replaced with something akin to prussian/bedouin raid script (but make it so they siege the city next turn after spawning?). Instead we can have another city-state in Italy, rebellion in Bulgaria or whatever other state that made more impact in medieval history of Europe and fun to play as.

4) Serious changes in crown system. Right now it is tied to whims and bugs of Med2 engine, but is necessary to progress in mod. Bastard heirs, infertile spouses, bugged inheritance and you get a civil war with no idea how to end it, it lasts until your king is senile and unfit for office, rinse and repeat, I am dead inside.

Again sorry if I sound harsh or bossy, or if my opinions are dumb/unwanted.

Here is the save archive.
    https://dropmefiles.com/nQJWt

Oh, and also like buffs to early game units after certain events.
    Like, "First pavise used in Pavia" - spear militia gets bronze sword from now on. Partial plate mail - spearmen sergeants gets bronze sheild and so on.
    (still don't know/can't how to redact posts sorry)

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Oh, and also like buffs to early game units after certain events.
    Like, "First pavise used in Pavia" - spear militia gets bronze sword from now on. Partial plate mail - spearmen sergeants gets bronze sheild and so on.
    (still don't know/can't how to redact posts sorry)
    Bronze Shield aka Armour is made available to build / upgrade after these events anyway, you just need to build them first.

For the Bronze Swords ( weapon upgrade ) I THINK it was bugged or whatever and made units literally 1 shot anything, i do not remember why it was removed @jurand it was a discussion years ago about it from what i remember.

1) Change the starting date of the campaign to a later date, 25 to 50 years. It's just not fun to play with pesants with spears, pesants with bows and occasionally (if your purse can afford it) some knights for 100 first turns every game. I understand that this is a monumental task, that requires significant changes in campaign map and every script, but that just how it feels.

2) Part of map north of Caucasus and east of Novgorod should be empty/inaccessible. Unfortunately the limitations of Med2 engine makes so that region is sparsely populated with settlements, and it is just not fun to waste 2-3 turns to move army/agents from neighboring settlements.

3) Cuman Khanate was a confederation of loosely connected tribes and in my opinion is unnecessary as a faction. They can be replaced with something akin to prussian/bedouin raid script (but make it so they siege the city next turn after spawning?). Instead we can have another city-state in Italy, rebellion in Bulgaria or whatever other state that made more impact in medieval history of Europe and fun to play as.

4) Serious changes in crown system. Right now it is tied to whims and bugs of Med2 engine, but is necessary to progress in mod. Bastard heirs, infertile spouses, bugged inheritance and you get a civil war with no idea how to end it, it lasts until your king is senile and unfit for office, rinse and repeat, I am dead inside.

Again sorry if I sound harsh or bossy, or if my opinions are dumb/unwanted.
    This well-documented feedback could prove useful for future versions. Thank you very much!
    However :
    1 - I personally like the composition of armies at the start of a campaign. They reflect the relative weakness of "levy" armies, where only knights really make a difference. The starting date suits me well, although 1080 - before the first crusade - seemed even better.
    2- I agree that distances in the vast expanses to the east make troop movements tedious. In the end, it's another way of playing and I don't mind.
    3 - Delete the Coumans? That would be a real shame! They're the only nomadic faction in the game. Not being able to play them would be an impoverishment of SSHIP!
    4 - In previous versions, I managed to get the crown for the Egyptians, but it wasn't easy! Since then, I haven't been able to do it with my other games, but they're still at a very early stage.

Giving your opinion is always important to guide modders

you are correct about armor, I got a case of silly for a moment.
    Maybe experience? But, iirc, it also boosts unit morale, so maybe not

@kostic
    1 - it is what it is, it would be insane amount of work to move starting date anyway
    2 - the economy composition of the mod makes it so a human player can't maintain a great amount of units to protect each settlement in early game, and maintaining a eternal alliance on vh/vh is impossible, your neighbor will always betray you even with positive relations if it is convenient for him. So, you either have army or two, that can in one turn get to the enemy and deal with him, or cheese it with stakes/greek fire. Neither options are really possible for Rus/Novgorod, but I'm willing to test those factions couple of weeks later. Again, nothing to do here is this is the opinion of modmaker.
    3 - The question is not "should you be able to play as them", but "do you want to play as them"? The poor variety of units, no technological development and zero to none chances to withstand against Mongols is what makes Cumans not a fun faction to play. You can't really "just move west" like all do as Rus in vanilla Med2, since the aggression scripts will punish you badly for it. It is just not fun, and if it is not fun - why bother? I dare you to give a prolonged campaign as Cumans a try, like a solid 400 turns. Then you tell me if it is something other players would find interesting/enjoyable. Meanwhile, second Bulgarian empire, or maybe Provence or Burgundy would be a welcoming addition.
    4 - The crown is an early to midgame goal that is necessary to continue extending your empire. I understand, that in real history all these random factors like bastard heirs and infertilities and nobility plots diminished or even destroyed kingdoms many times. But the solution shouldn't be "oh, just play on hard/normal". Rather, there should be mechanics to legitimize your non-legitimate heir (for example, if he has high stats and spends a lot of turns with your current ruler in capital) or ending civil war (regaining trust of your nobles by summoning them to the capital for a couple of turns or stripping them of titles?). It is a videogame after all.

Also, what do you think of the idea of Danishmends script? Like if seljuks of Rum get destroyed early on, rebel regions that were under control of Danishmeds transfer to Rum and get a strong military (since John II spend most of his campaigns in asia minor fighting them).

I will post a small list of bugs I've encountered, most of them are just overlooks in export_descr_buildings.

All these comments are pertinent. There's still plenty of room for improvement. I hope that @Macaras, @Jurand or @Belovese will have the opportunity and desire to continue improving this mod and that SSHIP version 099 will correct the recruitment bugs you've spotted.
    Personally, I'm only specialized in redesigning units and their visual information, and not very proficient in files other than the EDU or battle_models.modeldb.

Also, what do you think of the idea of Danishmends script? Like if seljuks of Rum get destroyed early on, rebel regions that were under control of Danishmeds transfer to Rum and get a strong military (since John II spend most of his campaigns in asia minor fighting them).
    There's a kind of Danishmendids intervention in the mod:

Code:
    	;-------- Turcoman Help for Rum  -----------------------------------------------------------------------	;======================================================================================================
    	; by JoC 2020, augmented 2022

;====================================================================================================== Turcoman Help for Rum
    	; the goal is to save Rum and make the life of Byzantium more difficult early game (when it matters)
    	; script is a modification of the William Wallace script
    	; no time limit - but can be introduced in the future
    	; in the 098 April 2022 playtests it did not prevent the Biz player from overwhelming Rum - let's see how the augmented script would work

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType rum
    		and I_EventCounter faction_size_smallormedium == 1							; Rum has fewer than 11 settlements
    		and I_EventCounter Turcoman_Help_for_Rum < 1								; at least 15 years after the previous help
    		and DiplomaticStanceFromFaction byzantium = AtWar							; it works only in danger from Byzantium (ergo: not Georgia, Jerusalem etc.)
    		and I_NumberOfSettlements rum > 0											; just in case of a bug (perhaps not needed)
    		and RandomPercent < 50

log ------ script : Turcoman Help for Rum (1) TERMINATION AFTER MONGOL INVASION (historically they take over the Nomadic tribes)

if I_EventCounter mongols_invasion > 0
    			terminate_monitor
    		end_if

log ------ script : Turcoman Help for Rum (2) INFORMATION ---------------------

if I_SettlementOwner Angora = rum
    		and I_EventCounter Byzantines_Invade_Rum_Konya = 0							; redundant but just in case
     		and I_CharacterTypeNearTile byzantium, named_character, 10, 312, 132		; danger 10 tiles from Angora
    			historic_event TURCOMAN_HELP_RUM										; info for the player
    			set_event_counter turcoman_help_rum_started 1							; used below in parts 3, 4
    			set_event_counter byzantines_invade_rum_angora 1						; not yet used but may be in the future
    		end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Konya = rum
    		and I_EventCounter Byzantines_Invade_Rum_Angora = 0
     		and I_CharacterTypeNearTile byzantium, named_character, 10, 310, 118		; danger 10 tiles from Konya
    			historic_event TURCOMAN_HELP_RUM
    			set_event_counter turcoman_help_rum_started 1
    			set_event_counter byzantines_invade_rum_konya 1
    		end_if

log ------ script : Turcoman Help for Rum (3) FUNDING FOR THE ARMIES -----------

if I_EventCounter temp_purse_rum < 1			; in case it was increased somewhere else in the script
    		and I_EventCounter turcoman_help_rum_started == 1
    			add_money rum 5000							; in case the faction is in debts and would disband the armies outright
    			increment_kings_purse rum 5000				; to ensure the AI doesn't disband the armies for some time
    			inc_event_counter temp_purse_rum 21			; this counter goes down in another script and after 20 turns this additional income is removed
    		end_if

log ------ script : Turcoman Help for Rum (4) SPAWN OF ARMIES ------------------

if RandomPercent > 80
    		and I_EventCounter turcoman_help_rum_started == 1
    			log ------ spawn Orhan Arslan
    			spawn_army
    				faction rum
    				character	Orhan Arslan, named character, age 35, x 314, y 135, family
    				traits LoyaltyStarter 3 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , GoodCommander 2 , ReligionStarter 1 , Royal_Blood_Rum_Turkish 1 , BiologicalSon 1 , Handsome 6 , Intelligent 8
    					unit	ME Bodyguard				exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Ghulams						exp 7 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Ghulams						exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Ghulams						exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Ghulams						exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkomans					exp 7 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkomans					exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkomans					exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkomans					exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkish Horse Archers		exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkish Horse Archers		exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkish Horse Archers		exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkish Horse Archers		exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    			end

inc_event_counter Turcoman_Help_for_Rum 10		; it goes down in another script
    		end_if

if RandomPercent < 40
    		and I_EventCounter TURCOMAN_HELP_RUM == 1
    			log ------ spawn Ahmed Arslan
    			spawn_army
    				faction rum
    				character	Ahmed Arslan, named character, age 28, x 314, y 130, family
    				traits LoyaltyStarter 3 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 2 , GoodCommander 1 , ReligionStarter 1 , Royal_Blood_Rum_Turkish 1 , BiologicalSon 1 , Handsome 4 , Intelligent 6
    					unit	Ghulams						exp 7 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkomans					exp 7 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkish Horse Archers		exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    			end

end_if

if RandomPercent < 60
    			log ------ spawn Fakih Arslan
    			spawn_army
    				faction rum
    				character	Fakih Arslan, named character, age 26, x 306, y 124, family
    				traits LoyaltyStarter 3 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 1 , Austere 1 , ReligionStarter 1 , Royal_Blood_Rum_Turkish 1 , BiologicalSon 1 , Handsome 4 , Intelligent 6
    			end

end_if

log -------------------- Turcoman Help for Rum (5) CHANGES IN DIPLOMACY ------------------

if I_SettlementOwner Konya = byzantium
    			console_command diplomatic_stance rum byzantium war
    		end_if

log -------------------- Turcoman Help for Rum (6) END ------------------

end_monitor

Hi @Jurand, is it normal that the script posted above is for Rums and not Danes ?

@kostic yea, they were the other turkic sultanate in Anatolia, no connection with kingdom of Denmark, danishmand means scholar in old Persian (or something like that)