Thread: 098 : Mod is NOT RUNNING, what to do? (also crashes and other technical)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thorbjorn Jagelund's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: 098 : Mod is NOT RUNNING, what to do? (also crashes and other technical)

Hi everybody,
    I've recently redowloaded the mod to an older laptop and I have some trouble running the game and was thinking maybe you guys can help me. When I boot up the game, it starts in a 1024x768 resolution. When I change it to 1920x1080 and save my other preferances, it does save. Then when I start a game, randomly it just crashes to desktop saying it "encountered and error and will now terminate". When I turn it back on, all the options revert back to their original versions. I have played the mod with this laptop in the past and even though it sometimes crashed, the reverting of options is new. Also the game chugs on campaign map but only sometimes, like I get 10 frames while scrolling and when I restart the game, it scrolls normally. Did I biff the installment? I'm using the SSHIP 098 launcher.bat to launch the game, is that wrong? Any advice and insight is welcome.
    Thanks.

EDIT:
    My specs are:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
    8 GB of RAM
    Windows 10 64 bit OS
    NVIDIA Geforce MX150 and Intel UHD Graphics 620

I know the GPU is old but I used to be able to run the mod in the past so I don't know.
    Last edited by Thorbjorn Jagelund; February 04, 2024 at 04:58 AM.