Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 098 : Mod is NOT RUNNING, what to do? (also crashes and other technical)

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Hi all,

Since installing the May 17 version and the patch, the game now starts in windowed mode when before it launched in full screen.

Is there a way to change this? Or is it preferred to play the updated version in windowed mode?

Excuse my ignorance and thanks for the support!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by JackL606 View Post
    Hi all,
    Since installing the May 17 version and the patch, the game now starts in windowed mode when before it launched in full screen.
    Is there a way to change this? Or is it preferred to play the updated version in windowed mode?
    Excuse my ignorance and thanks for the support!
    I hope you'll find the answer here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I'm a fool; thank you, Jurand - time to get testing!

By the by: is there an official Patreon or some such where people can donate to support ongoing development of the mod?

Laetus

Default Re: NEW VERSION AVAILABLE - SSHIP 0.98, June 2023

The game crashes after an attempt to storm ANY city (I checked) with the error "medieval 2 total war encountered an unspecified error and will now exit". Is it possible to fix it?

Default Re: NEW VERSION AVAILABLE - SSHIP 0.98, June 2023

Quote Originally Posted by AlexadreiMalta View Post
    The game crashes after an attempt to storm ANY city (I checked) with the error "medieval 2 total war encountered an unspecified error and will now exit". Is it possible to fix it?
    Look in this thread but I'd guess it's your instal-specific problem. Maybe the engine in Russian has special character coding system that interferes with something in the mod?

Thorbjorn Jagelund's Avatar Foederatus

Hi good people of the best mod in TW:M2!
    I returned to the mod after a couple of years and now every time I open the game, it resets my graphics options to the default: 600x800 etc.
    I would love some help.

@Thorbjorn Hi, In the sship folder there is a config file that you can edit with notepad. Search for the resolution part and simply overwrite the values

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbjorn Jagelund View Post
    Hi good people of the best mod in TW:M2!
    I returned to the mod after a couple of years and now every time I open the game, it resets my graphics options to the default: 600x800 etc.
    I would love some help.
    Try compatibility mode with the following settings (apply to both executable files):
    1. run in Win7
    2. Select 'disable screen optimization'
    3. run as admin
    4. Change DPI - high scaling override by application

Setting the graphics in the mod's CFG file should help as well, in fact it should revert to your chosen value even if you change in game:
    Open the file (in the root of the mod) with Notepad and add\edit these lines in the [video] section, the example uses the highest default value:

battle_resolution = 1920 1080
    campaign_resolution = 1920 1080

Default Re: 098 : Mod is NOT RUNNING, what to do? (also crashes and other technical)

Hi, I installed the new SSHIP 098 on mac. It's my first SSHIP experience, I played SS6.4 for a long time on mac (using Wineskin). The install of SSHIP went well and I can start the game, I can also play custom battles, but I can't start a campaign. After starting a campaign it starts loading but then it crashes to desktop, without any crash report or new files in the SSHIP/logs folder. Any idea?

Default Re: 098 : Mod is NOT RUNNING, what to do? (also crashes and other technical)

Quote Originally Posted by denccc View Post
    Hi, I installed the new SSHIP 098 on mac. It's my first SSHIP experience, I played SS6.4 for a long time on mac (using Wineskin). The install of SSHIP went well and I can start the game, I can also play custom battles, but I can't start a campaign. After starting a campaign it starts loading but then it crashes to desktop, without any crash report or new files in the SSHIP/logs folder. Any idea?
    Given that some people have had problems to run the SSHIP even on a regular PC with a regular Windows (eg 10), I'm not surprised you've got problems with a Mac. I don't think these two live together without crashes... I'm sorry.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Is there a way to get it to run on windows 11? The usual fixes don't seem to stop it from crashing.

I play on w11 no problems, did you apply the LAA patch?
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

I cannot run.exe files on M1 cpu, so, I decided to try the 0.97 version, and now i play the 0.97 version without crashes on Mac... interesting

Quote Originally Posted by xentoo View Post
    I cannot run.exe files on M1 cpu, so, I decided to try the 0.97 version, and now i play the 0.97 version without crashes on Mac... interesting
    I think there're big, big differences between 097 and 098. I woudn't advice playing 097 anymore...

I just downloaded the mod and tried to play it.

The mod loads up and I can pick campaigns. But as soon as I hit "End Turn" button, it crashes and a message comes up: "Medieval 2: Total War has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit"

The music continues in the back ground.

I did the "copy the folder and call it kingdoms thing" but to no avail.

Any good suggestions?

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Matjillam View Post
    I did the "copy the folder and call it kingdoms thing" but to no avail.

Any good suggestions?

I don't know where you have this information, but the folder is exactly named SSHIP_098 and should be placed in your game in the "mods" folder as is.
    Then launch the game from the "SSHIP 098 launcher" file.

I dont understand whats the problem, I followed all the instructions, when i run the bat file for the SSHIP it just launchs for me the default game. So Installed the Kingdoms mod, that runs fine. I remove the folder and retry SSHIP bat again and it just runs the default Medieval 2 game.

Okay, let's start at the beginning:
    1 - You have M2TW + Kingdoms installed. Steam or CD version?
    2 - Are you on PC or Mac?
    3 - If you are on PC, are you in Win10, Win11 or other?

I personally have a PC version installed from a CD a long time ago, the version of Kingdoms was 1.5, I am under Win10, my Medieval2totalwar folder has been copied into several directories on my hard drive and each game folder is renamed depending on the mods installed. For example, the path to SSHIP is: C:/EBII/mods/SSHIP_098
    it is from this folder that I can launch the mod the first time (afterwards I create a shortcut on the desktop)

I hope I can help you

Quote Originally Posted by denccc View Post
    Did anyone find a way around this? I'm having the same issue and was really looking forward to playing SSHIP
    Thank you

Maybe @Belovèse or @Gigantus could respond to Mac players?
    For my part, I only have a PC and little in-depth computer knowledge. I actually wonder why SS6.4 works and not SSHIP098