Thread: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Very interesting stuff:
    "without merchants, my economy would be crippled" - this is intended. And it's visible in the financial report. But perhaps not crippled, you'd just have to keep fewer knights in your armies.
    "heaving my priests inside of Paris| - yeah, this is the education in a cathedral. I need to see again the triggers and adjust them, perhaps.
    "no limit on spies" - not anymore in 098. There're similar limits on spies and assassins as on the diplomats.
    "almost all my settlements which has governors (minor city/fortress level and above) has their own school/university/library " - in the 098 the universities and libraries cost a lot of upkeep while providing little additional benefits so the player would build them only in a few settlements (sending a new general from Jerusalem to Paris can take a lot of time so another univesity might be useful).
    "administratively minded ones are more abundant than militarily minded ones" - in the code probabilities it's 70-30 (except of the Lithuanians and Cumans, where ti's 40-60, or similar), but it increases depending on the father traits (so also on the mother).
    "All coming of age characters I just send to Paris (administrative) or Norwich (military) and let then stay there until some other governor dies" - it should be somehow like this. But you know that education is only under the age of 20? Not point of having them there, unless they're Scholar.
    "I noticed that militarily minded ones gain economic traits in settlements and administrative ones also gain military traits in battle." - this is very good! it's intended! There is a tendency but nobody is doomed (unless utterly stupid).
    "getting the regent or userper trait is very easy. In my opinion, the ability to choose the heir would fix this problem" - yeah, this is the part of the SSHIP that awaits working on. Maybe we would give a NextHeir option for the already crowned kings? This would be a good incentive for the player to look for a crown. But a regent should establish his own dynasty after some time (I recall a code for it), so it shouldn't be difficult after all.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 31, 2021 at 10:27 AM.