Thread: SSHIP ver. 0.98 - April 25th, 2024 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP ver. 0.98 - August 10th, 2023

Hi,
    Wanted to say thanks for the great mod you guys created!
    I have been playing Total War games since Shogun 1 came out and enjoy your mod very much!
    In particular, I like that you care about historical accuracy, the depth you put into the game, and that it is made fun to just stop conquering and building up the realm.

This upload is a game as the HRE with SSHIP0.98, August version, on vh/vh.
    I stopped on turn 134 with 41 provinces and income of 180k, just as I received the crown for the first time.
    This last turn, I took Rouen from England and the plan would be now, as crowned HRE, to conquer France and Italy, secure the Spanish Mark, and finally move against the ERE.

Other notes: There was a civil war, which was a nice flavour; I could reconquer lost territories (5 cities revolted) fast as my border armies were at hand; however, this created aggressiveness points, which I had been trying to reduce for ages.
    My borders are safe and easily defensible; I refrained from taking any Hungarian settlements to keep a buffer to orthodox Serbia and the ERE; kept a Venetian buffer to Sicily and Serbia; and a Aragonese buffer to the Muslims in Spain. Also left the Danish capital intact so as to not create an imbalance in Scandinavia. The only nation I had to destroy was Poland, as it kept declaring war and sending large stacks of very capable troops, even after it only had a town (Danzig) and the castle at Plock left.
    I love the idea of creating bloodlines with all the benefits, so my Habsburg line has now French, Nordic and Italian bloodlines incorporated. Sadly, when I tried Eastern Orthodox marriages, this ruined my heir's ability to be crowned (he had zero piety as he converted to orthodox), so I reloaded an earlier save-game pre marriage. Would be nice if I could re-convert him or increase the chances of his wife converting instead somehow but haven't found out if/how this would be possible.
    In the beginning I expanded fast into rebel territory; I never declared war. Still I had constant warfare from around turn 14 to turn 83, at which point my borders where solid and nobody attacked me for long. I like that I had to fight for this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg   2.jpg   1.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files