Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rome Hegemony

Default Rome Hegemony

Rome Hegemony will be out hopefully in early 2014. http://www.longbowgames.com/forums/topic/?id=3038 Some of the screenshots look very impressive and I am sure I will be getting this to get my rome wargaming fix.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Rome Hegemony

I got hegemoney gold wars of ancient greece in the sale, but i still have to play it. Might be this month since patch 3 ed up my framerate...

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

The original is pretty fun and is a unique take on the ancient warfare strategy games. Didn't know they were making a new one, looks great so far!
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Hegemony was a good game, even kinda unique. Eagerly awaiting this one.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

it was 20$ well spent a year ago for me
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default New screenshots of Hegemony Rome......

http://www.longbowgames.com/forums/t...#post26843body

I am really looking forward to this title which will hopefully be released early in 2014. Also if you browse around on the forums they are taking applications for beta testers.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Use the search function the next time

A new teaser trailer is up and the game is shaping up nicely if you are interested, Kalypso announce details for Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar, out in Spring

Its in early acces. Not tempted by that, but it looks interesting. I really need to play hegemony gold; wars of ancient greece. especially because a friend gave it to me...

never played the series before, can someone explain? I'm guessing it's sort of a real time version of total war mixed with settlers or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    never played the series before, can someone explain? I'm guessing it's sort of a real time version of total war mixed with settlers or something like that?
    It is real time with a pause button available for thinking out your actions beforehand. The camera is quite similar to the camera in the Supreme Commander series, scroll out with mousewheel for a birds eyes view and scroll down to get close to the action. The city building aspect is basically relegated to building farms, mines, walls, and a few other choices and the combat is similar to TW but on a smaller scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    combat is similar to TW but on a smaller scale.
    And directly on the world map without zooming into any separate battle maps, as far as I recall, right?
    Definitely have to keep an eye on this and get Hegemony: Gold at some point. At least I really liked its demo back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    And directly on the world map without zooming into any separate battle maps, as far as I recall, right?
    Definitely have to keep an eye on this and get Hegemony: Gold at some point. At least I really liked its demo back then.

Correct....
    You may zoom seamlessly between world map/view and battles.

Bought it, CTD right after the splash screen. Well it's a good start. It sounds like having the word "rome" in the name of a game is a curse.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    Bought it, CTD right after the splash screen. Well it's a good start. It sounds like having the word "rome" in the name of a game is a curse.
    The game is still in beta......
    You could go to their official forums and send the developers the dump file. They are very helpful and always listen to their customers.

I did. Waiting for a response and a solution. But yeah, I didn't plan to play it until the game is finished, I just wanted to support the dev.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Tbh after watching a few vids on youtube from Pewpewchewchew i can't say i am impressed. Seems like the same game with small vairiations.

Started hegemony gold: greece yesterday. Having trouble figuring stuff out with supply lines, unit replenishment and such

Default Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar

Anyone had a chance to look at this game. Looks pretty interesting. I had a look at the forum comments and some compare this game to total war and seem to think it holds up pretty good. http://store.steampowered.com/app/227060/
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/227060...8566706729204/

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar

yeah its been brought up before, but since its not Rome 2 related this thread will probably get closed and buried beneath a bunch of rant threads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast