Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: My new Komnenian/Khwaraz Unit Roster

Default Re: My new Komnenian/Khwaraz Unit Roster

I was looking for something like this that makes SS6.3's Romans look much better, its a pity i found it now lol. Glory to the Romans

Caudillo87 +rep again... Your brilliant and magnificent detailed work on the Romans simply astonishes me. I'v played many tw mods with various versions of the Byzantine Romans from different eras but it is my view that you guys make the best looking, most historically accurate Roman units. Keep up this great work..

Its a pity we don't have Roman smileys in the smiley section lol..
    Last edited by Praetorian1; February 21, 2014 at 08:27 AM.

† Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat

Could someone help me please, I can't download, on RapidShare I have the "File not found" error and on Game Front I have the "403 - Forbidden" problem. Is this happening only to me?

Nordom's Avatar Civis

GameFront link works for me, RapidShare does not.

Use a proxy like this one to bypass gamefront block on half world.
    Note: if the downloaded file is .php instead of .7z, just rename the extension it will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    Note: if the downloaded file is .php instead of .7z, just rename the extension it will work fine.
    Thanks, it worked. And I liked your Doge of Venice avatar. lol

EDIT: Where should I put the files of the Maceman and Crossbow Fix?
    Last edited by Architect of Doom; April 04, 2014 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Architect of Doom View Post
    Thanks, it worked. And I liked your Doge of Venice avatar. lol

EDIT: Where should I put the files of the Maceman and Crossbow Fix?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data\unit_models\_units

If you have a Steam copy of M2TW then its...
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data\unit_models\_units

Quote Originally Posted by Cyning Sigebryht of Suđ Sussex View Post
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data\unit_models\_units

If you have a Steam copy of M2TW then its...
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data\unit_models\_units
    Thanks, I was digging in the files to find the place to put it.

Np, I was also hunting for where to install it since this mod is pretty essential for a Byzantine campaign.

also for 6.4 version of SS?

One thing I've noticed is the Castrophilakes start with the full lamellar, yet their armor stat is 4, like the scoutatoi swordsmen, who don't get the lamellar untill an armor upgrade. Also subsequent armor upgrades for the castrophilakes don't add anything to their model.

Civis

Also, are the Varangians in this roster wearing lamellar or scale mail? How heavy is the armor they are wearing?

Ayyubid's Avatar Tiro

Is their a release yet for the Daylami Heavy Infantry or any more edits/units?
    "I have fought in more than 100 battle . Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance? And here I am, dying in my bed, like cattle die. May the eyes of cowards never sleep."

- Khalib Ibn Waleed

Quote Originally Posted by Ayyubid View Post
    Is their a release yet for the Daylami Heavy Infantry or any more edits/units?
    They are already available, just buried in the files, Caudillo couldn't add them in due to the unit number limit being reached, but those with the know how could add them in.

First I want to say that this is a great submod and I use it since you released it. Recently I started to play SS 6.4 again and since I am a Roman fan I picked Rome + your and some other people submods. My question is next, how to transfere only some units that you modified to work correctly? What I mean is that I want to keep most of original looks, but use some of your, e.g. bodyguard, reason why I am doing this is not they are bad, but I want to improve my men's armour and so.
    P.S. I know exactly what units I want to move, if this helps you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hrvatska2014 View Post
    First I want to say that this is a great submod and I use it since you released it. Recently I started to play SS 6.4 again and since I am a Roman fan I picked Rome + your and some other people submods. My question is next, how to transfere only some units that you modified to work correctly? What I mean is that I want to keep most of original looks, but use some of your, e.g. bodyguard, reason why I am doing this is not they are bad, but I want to improve my men's armour and so.
    P.S. I know exactly what units I want to move, if this helps you!
    So your asking if you can only add some of the units and not other? If that is your question, then yes you can but you would have to manually add each unit you want. This is when you start reading the tutorials on how to do it, because no one will do it for you. here's a link to get you started: Add units
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Thanks on your answer

A know that no one will do it for me. I know how to use it, but I simply have a problem with some units since there are "byzantium rooster" and "romans" map, but maybe I can ask you for a help with a particular unit, since I am not sure what files I have to transfere.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    Thank you, this worked perfectly...

Quote Originally Posted by Hrvatska2014 View Post
    Thanks on your answer

A know that no one will do it for me. I know how to use it, but I simply have a problem with some units since there are "byzantium rooster" and "romans" map, but maybe I can ask you for a help with a particular unit, since I am not sure what files I have to transfere.
    Try this winmerge it's a free program that lets you load two file and it highlights what's different, like if you load up the ss6.3 edu and the edu from this mod it will show all the changes, it makes merging mods infinitely more simple.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

That program is awesome!, not only it can compare files but also entire folder structures and tell which file is in both and if they have any difference

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    Try this winmerge it's a free program that lets you load two file and it highlights what's different, like if you load up the ss6.3 edu and the edu from this mod it will show all the changes, it makes merging mods infinitely more simple.
    You sir are a genius! It helped a lot, but just one question. I have managed to converte units I wanted but this required old edu, otherwise I would have instant CTD, now when I have replaced it my unit officers are lacking faces and have a mix of stainless and codillo's armour?!