Thread: Crash

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

Default Crash

Whenever I play a siege battle or a sally out battle my game crashes after a long period of time in the battle. I'm not sure what to do about this but it gives the "What a mess" message after it crashes. Unfortunately this makes this great mod unplayable for me.
    Last edited by Earl Dibbles Jr; April 20, 2014 at 05:48 PM.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Crash

If the Battle loads up there are no texture error for sure. If as you say a battle crashes after a long time playing, and how much time that is?. That is not a ctd caused by the mod, even if the mod is not installed correctly, in which case the mod will either crush on launch or as soon as a campaign or a battle is selected to play. It can either be a memory crash or a video crush error. What are your PC specifications.

Cheers
    Last edited by Reno Melitensis; April 20, 2014 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrZanyGaming View Post
    Whenever I play a siege battle or a sally out battle my game crashes after a long period of time in the battle. I'm not sure what to do about this but it gives the "What a mess" message after it crashes. Unfortunately this makes this great mod unplayable for me.
    Okay lets see if we can find try and figure out the issue here. As Reno stated this is a bit odd but we will look see. Do you have only the Exe. mod link installed?

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    If the Battle loads up there are no texture error for sure. If as you say a battle crashes after a long time playing, and how much time that is?. That is not a ctd caused by the mod, even if the mod is not installed correctly, in which case the mod will either crush on launch or as soon as a campaign or a battle is selected to play. It can either be a memory crash or a video crush error. What are your PC specifications.

Cheers
    I'm talking a good 30+ minutes. It says to check the error log but I don't know where to find that in the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Okay lets see if we can find try and figure out the issue here. As Reno stated this is a bit odd but we will look see. Do you have only the Exe. mod link installed?
    I have the 675 mb .exe version installed.

It says to check the error log but I don't know where to find that in the files.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs

Quote Originally Posted by Theramines View Post
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs
    I'm using steam and looked in the medieval 2/logs in the steamapps folder and it was empty.
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 20, 2014 at 08:15 PM.

I'm using steam and looked in the medieval 2/logs in the steamapps folder and it was empty.
    Ahhh steam.. causes issues. Look to see where your MTW2 folder is and tell me its exact route.
    Both the MTW2 folder and the IB2 Britanniae Mod must be in the same folder route
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 20, 2014 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Ahhh steam.. causes issues. Look to see where your MTW2 folder is and tell me its exact route.
    Both the MTW2 folder and the IB2 Britanniae Mod must be in the same folder route
    I have the IB2 mod set to launch as the Crusades. Everything works except for this weird bug with the sieges. I guess I'll try reinstalling the mod and I'll let you know if the issues fix themselves.

I have the IB2 mod set to launch as the Crusades. Everything works except for this weird bug with the sieges. I guess I'll try reinstalling the mod and I'll let you know if the issues fix themselves.
    ok ...it might also launch from your Executive.exe in your IB2_Britanniae/data folder but yes reinstall. Let me know the faction too ok..gl

Good news, I reinstalled and the sieges are working fine now. Thanks for the help guys!

Good news, I reinstalled and the sieges are working fine now. Thanks for the help guys!
    Glad!!! Enjoy!

terciperix's Avatar Foederatus

I have the same problem, here I have attached the log file.

I have a steam version, also set on crusades.

I can try to reinstall but that is strange. I am playing as the faction in Brittany.

system.log.txt

I have reinstalled and the probleme is still here.

Quote Originally Posted by terciperix View Post
    I have reinstalled and the probleme is still here.
    I would gus you have files from both our mod and the MTW2 Kingdoms mixed up. Pleas tell me where you installed the mod. The exact route in your c files

I have extracted the file "mod" from the zipped version into C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Medieval II.

I suppose it merged with the "mod" file in the "Medieval II" folder, I checked, there was a file "called IB2 Britanniae" under the file "mod", I renamed the files "crusades" in "crusadesori" then I renamed "IB2 Britanniae" in "crusades".

I have extracted the file "mod" from the zipped version into C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Medieval II.

I suppose it merged with the "mod" file in the "Medieval II" folder, I checked, there was a file "called IB2 Britanniae" under the file "mod", I renamed the files "crusades" in "crusadesori" then I renamed "IB2 Britanniae" in "crusades".
    Ok I have an idea. Change everything back. Delete that installed IB2 Britanniae folder. Now copy your entire Medieval II directory in the C/programs(Not in(x86) folder. Now change the copied new directory in this way: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods. Then copy, paste or drop your IB2 Britanniae's mods folder into your changed Medieval II Total War folder. You can start up the mod Executive.exe that is located in your IB2_Britanniae installed folder. Let me Know if this works..

So you will have both routes now:
    C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Medieval II\mods
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 01, 2014 at 07:28 AM.

Unfortunatly I got a error message saying that the application could not be load. I will try to make a fresh install with a non steam version of the game. When it will be done I'll let you know whether it works or not.

Unfortunatly I got a error message saying that the application could not be load. I will try to make a fresh install with a non steam version of the game. When it will be done I'll let you know whether it works or not.
    Okay. Good luck Let us know

I have installed my gamersgate version of the game after uninstalling the steam version, now the mod works fine, I have the right picture in the main menu whereas before I had the black figures from the vanilla main menu. I have tried siege battle a couple of times and never got a crash, I think I had completly messed up my old installation of the game.
    Thank you for your help and congratulation for your mod I really enjoy it.

I have installed my gamersgate version of the game after uninstalling the steam version, now the mod works fine, I have the right picture in the main menu whereas before I had the black figures from the vanilla main menu. I have tried siege battle a couple of times and never got a crash, I think I had completly messed up my old installation of the game.
    Thank you for your help and congratulation for your mod I really enjoy it.
    Great!! Glad you fixed it. This maybe helpful in the future for others. To play siege battles also make sure the time period is on all. You might have to scroll down to find it