Thread: Vampire Counts for Halloween?

Default Vampire Counts for Halloween?

Hey,

do you guys think that we'll finally see something from the VC around Halloween?
    As a VC TT player (before GW went crazy on their prices - recently, 40€ for one Tau Fire Warriors box with 10 miniatures lol), I can't wait to see them!

Cheers

Default Re: Vampire Counts for Halloween?

That seems like an quite obvious choice from marketing point of view, so I would assume that yes - everyone's expecting to see something about the undead around that time.

Dunno if it is a disscusion that need a new topic, but I guess it's not for me to decide.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Oh if only people read the threads before making threads...
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Excuse me, but where was this discussed before? The titles in this forum didn't indicate it had been discussed before.

I think it was Joey who posted on the official forums we will not be seeing the Vampire Counts this month. The way it was worded made it seem we will not be seeing them for awhile.

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by qylees View Post
    That seems like an quite obvious choice from marketing point of view, so I would assume that yes
    That's what I thought (and hoped). However someone from CA said on the official forum last Thursday that we "might have to wait a little longer than Halloween" for a VC reveal.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Which is shameful display really. Or they trying to distract our attention, for such a big game they don't seem to share much info lately, nothing major since Thundering Falls gameplay to be honest, ah yes apart from two legendary lords for each race.

Quote Originally Posted by englisharcher89 View Post
    Which is shameful display really. Or they trying to distract our attention, for such a big game they don't seem to share much info lately, nothing major since Thundering Falls gameplay to be honest, ah yes apart from two legendary lords for each race.
    Well considering that the realise is easy 6 months still away (if not a full year) and the fact that people have gun nuts over earlier screenshots (OMG! WHY DO EMPIRE HALBERDS HAVE ONLY MORITROS! NO VARIATIONS AT ALL!), it is not so surprising that they want they things as looking as good as possible, when they first show them.
    And that takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioGermanicus View Post
    Well considering that the realise is easy 6 months still away (if not a full year) and the fact that people have gun nuts over earlier screenshots (OMG! WHY DO EMPIRE HALBERDS HAVE ONLY MORITROS! NO VARIATIONS AT ALL!), it is not so surprising that they want they things as looking as good as possible, when they first show them.
    And that takes time.
    True, it takes time. But a small weekly update wouldn't be so bad, they can post artworks, even things in progress, screenshots of what they've done so far or their "Introducing.. " video with current units, it just seems that other devs are sharing a bit more than CA.

They do need to draw out the reveals for at least around 20 weeks. If they release everything too quickly people may quit following the progress of the game and let the release date pass by before they think to check on the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody0 View Post
    They do need to draw out the reveals for at least around 20 weeks. If they release everything too quickly people may quit following the progress of the game and let the release date pass by before they think to check on the game again.
    Problem is that 2 or even 1 week is like 20 weeks lol [emoji12] it takes ages. Sometimes for one thing like Vampire Counts in this case, may take longer than it should. And also game was in development since they signed licence with GW, so it's around 3 years if I remember correctly.

I can wait for all other games, but with this one wait was around 12 years for me, time for actions wait is over [emoji4]

Made this meme
    Last edited by englisharcher89; October 21, 2015 at 02:55 PM.